Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is this even worth it?

kkklick

23, 6'1, 183, 14%bf, training since 17, cycle history: 2 var only cycles, Intermittent fasting diet 50/30/20 P/C/F

Goal is to be 183 @ 8% by September 1st.

I've been losing weight pretty well, scale is going down and I'm looking slimmer in the mirror, but the issue I'm having is I don't want to lose any more muscle, but I still have fat I want to get rid of. Not interested in running any dangerous compounds with high potential sides, thinking about a clean simple cycle for that extra boost.

Goals: Cut fat, gain 5-6 pounds LBM, increase strength
Proposed Cycle:
Anavar - Weeks 1 - 6 (70mg per day split 40/30 morning/late afternoon)
Liquid Albuterol from CN - Will be following needtogetaas' proposed cycle (will last about 6 weeks) basically start at 9mg and work up to 18 and hold there until finished
HCGenerate - Weeks 1-6
N2Guard - All 6 weeks

PCT: Post cycle and Unleashed combo, 1 bottle of each as reccommended (4 week PCT)

How does this look, is expecting 5-6 pounds of muscle too much given the fact that var is not anabolic? What kind of fat loss can I expect (my diet is solid, I've posted it before in another thread and EF members gave the green light), so assuming that it is, can I drop to perhaps 10% bf after the 6 weeks is over or is that expecting too much as well. Just trying to get a baseline of what results I should expect to see if its really worth it.

Appreciate the advice as always

Last edited:
Your goals may be a little unrealistic considering what you are trying to accomplish, the timeframe, and what you are using to get there. You may be able to get the 5-6 lbs of muscle on Var, but it is highly doubtful if you are trying to cut that much fat. More than likely you will either come up slightly short of both goals in terms of muscle gain and fat loss, or meet one and come up very short of the other.

Intermittent fasting is wonderful for recomp. I've been doing it for a year. But it is a very slow process, and given your timeline it may not be attainable unless you throw a lot more anabolics in the picture.

Good luck, and if you have any more questions feel free to post them up ;)

q
Your goals may be a little unrealistic considering what you are trying to accomplish, the timeframe, and what you are using to get there. You may be able to get the 5-6 lbs of muscle on Var, but it is highly doubtful if you are trying to cut that much fat. More than likely you will either come up slightly short of both goals in terms of muscle gain and fat loss, or meet one and come up very short of the other.

Intermittent fasting is wonderful for recomp. I've been doing it for a year. But it is a very slow process, and given your timeline it may not be attainable unless you throw a lot more anabolics in the picture.

Good luck, and if you have any more questions feel free to post them up ;)

Thanks Rick. I had a feeling I was being a bit too optimistic. I would love to throw some t3 in there but I honestly can't afford to lose any more muscle. I would say fat burning is my #1 priority by far. Is there any other fat burners that would be great to add to this cycle to compound the fat loss effects of var and albut? (There has been studies that show anavar burns sub and visceral fat in the abdomen, buttocks and leg area, although I'm sure the effects would probably be minimal)

I've read conflicing views on t3, some say even with test it stripped there muscle off like nothing, while others used it solo and liked it. Anavar is one of the best anti-catabolics, but how is its interaction when combined with t3, is the anti catabolic effect enough to minimize muscle loss on t3?

IF is a slow process? I've only been on it for 2 weeks and have seen great results, losing fat, muscle is the same mostly, and strength is increasing despite being at approx ~700 cal deficit. I was hoping to continue IF on cycle, in principle I think combining the two would produce good results. I would be training and doing cardio fasted, only bcaa's and a no carb protein shake before+var and albuterol so that only fat is targeted as an energy source to fuel the workout.

In regards to more anabolics, I've always wanted to do a low dose of test (250mg/w) but I'm waiting until I get to a low enough bf% to see if I really need anabolics for the amount of muscle I will want to add. thanks again

edit: Also just to add, in terms of my goal for September, I'm planing on running this cycle April 20th for 6 weeks, then thake 4 weeks for PCT, take another 6-8 weeks off and then perhaps run the exact same cycle again (PERHAPS try winny instead, although I've read a lot of people who said they hate it because of the dry joints and the havoc it wreaks on HDL LDL cholestorol/lipid profiles not to mention liver damage). Although this would extend to sometime in October (which is fine for me), would that change your opinion on whether or not my goal is realistic?

Last edited:
IMHO, unless your are looking for a pro card t-3, at 23yo, is a just too high a risk for someone whose metabolism should be through the roof naturally. If it's not, the there may actually be a problem that needs to be addressed.

Otherwise, at 14% bf you should not need to live in a calorie deficit--it's just a bad idea--a clean diet should be enough.

What I really wonder is if your BF is actually higher than you think--Post a pic and let the experts guess.

Nothing personal but the stats for your age do not sound much like someone who has been training for six years (unless you were a beanpole and if you were you may be wrong about your BF level). You should be much thicker--if not, you should not be using any gear.

If you're 6'1" and only 183, you should be concerned about putting on size and not losing fat. 14% is not bad...you should put on weight till you're 200+ for the next 2-3 years, and then see if you wanna still cut down. At low bf% you're going to be in the low 170s and at 6'1" thats pretty skinny

if you're 6'1" and only 183, you should be concerned about putting on size and not losing fat. 14% is not bad...you should put on weight till you're 200+ for the next 2-3 years, and then see if you wanna still cut down. At low bf% you're going to be in the low 170s and at 6'1" thats pretty skinny

^^^^agreed^^^^

^^ yup alcatraz is right.

you don't have much mass on your frame right now, no way. and wanting to lose more fat and keep muscle is unrealistic.

a more practical strategy would be to keep your body fat where it is now and build mass, that will still be hard but its attainable. bodybuilding is hard, this is why 99% of people out there you look at do not have bodybuilder physiques, especially men. to build muscle AND lose fat at the same time is hard. that is why bodybuilding is challenging, don't choose short cuts because there are no short cuts, you will only be wasting time and money.

do it the right way. working out and proper diet. don't run stims eddy is 100% right at your age.. that will only burn away more of your mass and prevent you from putting it on. once you get into your late 20's your metabolism will slow down and it will be easier to put on mass then you can worry about cutting into that mass gain once you are over 210+ .. be a little patient

I'm not disagreeing with these guys, but I think yu need to do whatever it is that YOU want to do. Let you and you only define your own goals. Everybody has an idea of what they want to be and what they should do to achieve it. If you want to get ripped, then get ripped. If you want to get bigger, then get bigger. Simple as that. If I was 14% bodyfat, I wouldnt be happy with it either. I loathe bodyfat and hate it with a passion, so much that at 9% I feel fat. Dont let anyone else tell you what you should do, and your height and weight never tell the story. If I would have listened to some people a year ago against what I wanted to do, I would just be a heavier and fatter version of my current self.....but I opted to listen to myself and continue getting leaner and lighter. Best choice I ever made...

If you're 6'1" and only 183, you should be concerned about putting on size and not losing fat. 14% is not bad...you should put on weight till you're 200+ for the next 2-3 years, and then see if you wanna still cut down. At low bf% you're going to be in the low 170s and at 6'1" thats pretty skinny
Size is not really what I'm after, I'd rather be low 170's @8% than 185 @ 12. I'm going for the extremely lean look, but I understand your point entirely. I will be small I know that, my though is that once I get to that low bf% I can just slowly clean bulk for a few years. I've been fat all my life, this is the first time I can see the outline of my abdominals. I just can't wrap my head around putting on more mass (and fat) right now especially since summer is coming up, but again I take your points very seriously and I appreciate your response very much.

IMHO, unless your are looking for a pro card t-3, at 23yo, is a just too high a risk for someone whose metabolism should be through the roof naturally. If it's not, the there may actually be a problem that needs to be addressed.

Otherwise, at 14% bf you should not need to live in a calorie deficit--it's just a bad idea--a clean diet should be enough.

What I really wonder is if your BF is actually higher than you think--Post a pic and let the experts guess.

Nothing personal but the stats for your age do not sound much like someone who has been training for six years (unless you were a beanpole and if you were you may be wrong about your BF level). You should be much thicker--if not, you should not be using any gear.
T3 was a awful suggestion on my part, after I posted it and did some more research and realized I should be nowhere near it. I'm pretty sure I'm 14%, I store a majority of fat in my stomach and lower back, but my upper body is very lean. Could be 15% or 16%, but I highly doubt it. I think I'll up the cals to maybe 200-300 deficit only, I'll just take the weight cut slower to preserve muscle. I appreciate the response

^^ yup alcatraz is right.

you don't have much mass on your frame right now, no way. and wanting to lose more fat and keep muscle is unrealistic.

a more practical strategy would be to keep your body fat where it is now and build mass, that will still be hard but its attainable. bodybuilding is hard, this is why 99% of people out there you look at do not have bodybuilder physiques, especially men. to build muscle AND lose fat at the same time is hard. that is why bodybuilding is challenging, don't choose short cuts because there are no short cuts, you will only be wasting time and money.

do it the right way. working out and proper diet. don't run stims eddy is 100% right at your age.. that will only burn away more of your mass and prevent you from putting it on. once you get into your late 20's your metabolism will slow down and it will be easier to put on mass then you can worry about cutting into that mass gain once you are over 210+ .. be a little patient
I know its extremely difficult to get a bodybuilder physique I have a lot of respect for you guys, its tough. That's not really my goal though, I just want an aesthetic physique. I'll post a picture of what my goal is to give you guys a better idea of what I'm trying to achieve, again thanks for the response

I'm not disagreeing with these guys, but I think yu need to do whatever it is that YOU want to do. Let you and you only define your own goals. Everybody has an idea of what they want to be and what they should do to achieve it. If you want to get ripped, then get ripped. If you want to get bigger, then get bigger. Simple as that. If I was 14% bodyfat, I wouldnt be happy with it either. I loathe bodyfat and hate it with a passion, so much that at 9% I feel fat. Dont let anyone else tell you what you should do, and your height and weight never tell the story. If I would have listened to some people a year ago against what I wanted to do, I would just be a heavier and fatter version of my current self.....but I opted to listen to myself and continue getting leaner and lighter. Best choice I ever made...
Thanks again Rick, I'm the EXACT same way, I used to be obese (high 30's bf%), I have come a long way. If you guys saw a pic of me at 16 it would blow your mind, the doctor told me that if I continued down this road I would be in an early grave. I decided to change my life around but only really got serious about diet and training 2 years ago (with some lapses in between, but the past 8 months has been rock solid). Everyone has their own goals, everyone on this site uses anabolics, and a reasonable inference from this is they want to be massive which is why I'm getting the bulking comments (which is completely reasonable given the circumstances). I'm just trying to be lean and at least look like I lift, that's it. The probable response to that is I won't need AAS, I'm not exactly looking for a shortcut, but I'm sort of hitting a wall (not entirely, things are just slowing down). Anavar has been amazing for me I love it, no sides and when I'm on it I train like an animal and it gives me a psychological edge in the gym. The price tag is no issue for me, and as long as I protect my liver and protect testicular function I don't see an issue.

Top Bottom