Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is mirtazapin a good choice as antidepressant?

Are you also at risk of getting a serotonin syndrome when you're only taking 1 single antidepressant and not mixing different ones? I hope not.
I remember when I tried celexa then as soon as I went up to 20mg/day I started getting pulsations in my thigh muscle around the knee. The area would just start to pulsate and you could feel it and also see it.
I reported it to my doctor and he said that this isn't dangerous but I worried if this could have been serotonin syndrome.

I also wonder can one take an antidepressant and still use whey protein? Whey protein also contains tryptophan which isn't allowed when you're taking antidepressants.

20mg of celexa is the same as 10mg of lexapro, so no way you will get serotonin syndrome from that alone. Btw, you will definitely know when it happens. Look up the symptoms on Wikipedia, you will run a fever amongst other things. Trust your doc, after reading your story he seems to know what he's doing. Maybe you're a bit of a hypochondriac :)

The pulsating was definitely real and after I stopped celexa it never came back. One day I even had pulsations in the face.
When such things occur I become anxious. For me it's really hard to even take this stuff because it can have so many side effects.
Once you get on an antidepressant you basically cannot feel safe anymore cause whenever you feel like something strange is going on
it could be a side effect. :(

I feel for you, man. But it sounds like you're a bit of a hypochondriac. After +/- 2 weeks the sides go away. ADs are some of the safest meds you can take.

Btw, I also took Effexor and quit after 2 weeks as it made me feel like it was doing me harm. But that was the only AD I experienced that with. Trust me, there will be a med for you that will work. And mirtazapine is really well tolerated.

Hi, I have been on it for 3 days now.
I started with 3,75mg and then moved to 7mg and then 15mg.
The biggest problem is restless legs! I already got it at 3,75mg!
If this doesn't go away then I can't keep taking it. I wake up all the time at night
and can't hold my legs still. :(
I do not seem to be more hungry while on it.
Yesterday I have also been very depressed but I dont know if this had something to do with the medicine. I think rather not.
I also sleep really long 13+ hours and still feel tired when getting up.

What's also weird is that last night was walking around outside and suddenly there was a cat and when I suddenly saw this cat before me I felt jolted. It wasn't just being suprised but I also felt a tingling or electric shock sensation in my body at this very moment which is really weird cause I have never experienced this. I think this could be from the drug.

I am not qualified to give you advice on this situation, your symptoms are just too severe. To give you an idea I immediately started at 30mg, without any real issues.

I can only tell you, in due time it will all be better. With or without meds.

Is it possible that this stuff makes you more vulnerable to being shocked? Yesterday I walked around and all of a sudden a cat appeared in front of me and I was totally shocked and felt as if a jolt went through me!
I never had this sensation before. I think this is from the stuff. Today I had such a bad day. Terrible things happened. I feel so crappy. I cried a lot today. I dont know if this stuff can help me and make a difference. WHat if it makes it worse? :(

Last night I took 22,5mg and I slept at least 14 hours and still felt totally tired. I really don't know if this shit helps at all. How does being tired and feeling like shit help me? :(
I'm really scared that antidepressants are just a bunch of useless shit.

How long you been taking it for?
Antidepressants typically take 2 to 4 to start working. Also ur body will get used to the super tiredness caused by it but u will have to give it some time. With antidepressants its also trial and error until u find something that works

Top Bottom