Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is it really that bad?

nangiggles

Team Bennettar
EF VIP
I'm planing on going back to the states in a year or two and many people warn me not to do it because of the crysis, unemployment, etc Are things really that bad over there? is it that hard to get a job? is everything so expensive and the cash income so low comparing what comes in to what comes out...? :confused:
I'd love to go back but I do need to get the big picture before I do....

I'm planing on going back to the states in a year or two and many people warn me not to do it because of the crysis, unemployment, etc Are things really that bad over there? is it that hard to get a job? is everything so expensive and the cash income so low comparing what comes in to what comes out...? :confused:

You have a PHD.
You will be just fine.

Things are bad, but we are stiil top dog.
No other country offers opportunity regardless of creed, race, or whatever surface difference 'appears'.

That said I think Kurzweill, and the financial tech gurus are right, within the next decade India, China will be to the very least on our level, but maybe higher.

I'll put it this way... I haven't had to sit in traffic to or from work since the states unemployment rate hit 10%.

What profession are you in? It all depends. Health care is still thriving. My wife's firm is hiring left and right. Other areas are not all that good.

My area is health care... neuropsychology... here in Costa Rica I do really good, I have my own house, car, good food, good drinks, no debt (just education one) $ to go out, buy electronics, etc really happy with it but of course is not like US but don't really want to go back if it's that complicated right now.... I was offered a job in the Mayo clinic MN as soon as I graduate.... any one from that area?

I hear Costa Rica is BEAUTIFUL! Why would you leave a place that is very pretty and where you seem to have it pretty good?

Well I was born and raised in the US so for me that's home, I like it here and have been here long time but don't feel like I belong.... I'm also sure I'd do much better in the US, here we make 1/3 of the salary and things are equal or more expensive....

Top Bottom