Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is Deca right for me?

Jessyca143

... new to this, first post

Question: Is Deca Durabolin right for me?

Stats: Female
23 Years Old
168 lbs
5'7
BF% unsure, but im guessing at least 25%
Currently on an oral BC pill

Info: ive been working out and dieting for about 3 years now. my initial weight was 220lbs, dropped down to 145lbs just dieting, no exericse. i then started going to the gym to get toned. in a year and a half of going to the gym i have put on about 13-15lbs of muscle. in the meantime, by appetite greatened from the workout, and put on also 7-9lbs of fat. i have tryed every diet in the book (no carb, hi protein, liquids etc..), every weight training program (mad cardio only, cardio/weights, hi weight/low reps, etc..) with no results. i have also tryed every possible supplement out there, anything and everything on the "white" market. no results.

Goal: drop approx. 15-20 lbs of fat, define what muscle i have right now, (have a swimmers build, extremely broad shoulders/back and thick thighs).

i have stumbled upon an 8 week cycle of Deca, 50mg/week. this is the only AS i have availability to. i have done research on it for about 3 months now. the only thing that bothers me about this is the possible permanent virilizing side effects. but i am hoping that the bit of extra estrogen that i take daily with my BC will help that, unsure. my immunity and tolerance for foreign substances is pretty high, unsure about AS obviously. this will be my first cycle, and im hoping for some feedback here. if i didnt give enough info, i apologize.

thanks alot =P~~

yes at 50 mgs every 7-10 days you will be more than fine, expect a large amount of water gain.... its better to space the deca out i think you will be fine..

tank

I disagree.

Hopefully more of the ladies will chime in on this one, but I say NO!!!!! Besides the diet and other issues, I believe DECA is wrong to begin with.

Check on Anavar or Primobolan for a first cycle. Deca stays in the system sooooo long, that if you have problems with it (masculinization!!) even if you quit immediately upon noticing them, it will be in your system for quite a while(weeks). By then, I would imagine that the side effects will have been VERY pronounced and probably permanant.

Ladies, what do you say? Am I all wet?

BE

so basically your saying that even if i do the first injection, i get a scratchy throat, i stop the injections ....... i could still develop a deepened voice? ok, all side effects aside for a moment. would i lose the weight i want to on this cycle?

Jessyca =P~~

Sheesh, I figured that at least some of the better equiped ladies would have chimed in by know!?!?!

the scratchy throat/deep voice is one permanant side effect, but there are others. I would preffer some of the ladies with firsthand experience to chime in here. My wife would chime in now, but she is not here.

Anyway, NO STERIOD IS GOING TO CAUSE YOU TO LOSE BODY FAT!!!! Period, end of statement. Steriods WILL help you gain muscle with the proper diet and heavy weight training, and they will help you retain muscle on moderate calorie deficient diets.

Steriods are not recommended, very generally speaking, until AFTER you have reached your bodies natural potential and have your BF under control. That means quite a while in the gym with proper diet and dedication. I don't know what your workouts are, or have been, so I can only speak very generally, which for me means VERY CONSERVATIVELY. [BTW, congrats on the 220 down to 145 and back to 168. How come you don't know BF%? Need to get that fixed IMO.]

I'm sure you know that seriods are NOT a quick fix to a body fat problem, but there may be others reading this that wonder....

Second, hormonal modification can be of some assistance in reducing sex specific bodyfat stores if the diet and excercise have produced good results elsewhere. [for more info on sex specific fat, see past threads and especially macrophage69alpha's thread on Yohimbine] But, there are better alternatives to try such as yohimbine HCL, clenbuteral, and maybe even DNP[this is a BIG STEP!]. After these comes the T3 and steriods for final mods.

So no, DECA isn't going to melt the fat away, and yes, there is ALLWAYS the possibility of masculinization. See if you can't swap the DECA for some Anavar or Primo. Search the past 90 days for anavar and primo cycles.

This is just my opinion, read the past threads and ask some of the ladies that posted there what their thoughts are. I only posted here because no one else did and felt you deserved SOME kind of answer before giving this a try and being sorry.

BE

Why??????
Why don't you use primobolan depot or anavar? It's less androgenic... Better be carefull than sorry!
LG

I would have to agree w/ BE - I've read enough accounts on the boards of sides from AS. The AS most often recommended for women are winny, primo and anavar, w/ anavar & primo being the least prone to sides. Sides you can experience include scratchy throat (precursor to permanently deepened voice?), itchy clit and also more sensitive (no one has said this is a bad side..!) and could become permanently larger. Seems that yeast infections also result. These are the sides you would need to watch for on almost any dosage of the above AS - response completely depends on the person. I think you will find very few women here who have experience with deca.

Also AS will help you build lean muscle mass, allow really intense workouts & strength gain and also recovery. Its intended to be used to supplement an already disciplined lifestyle of both training, cardio & diet. If you dont' have these, don't bother w/ the steroids. Even more so for women - you are interested in losing body fat - the ony time I think anyone here would recommend using steroids to lose bodyfat would be in conjunction w/ some T3 because that will eat away at both body fat and muscle. But even using T3 means you have to be very careful w/ your dosage so you don't screw up your thyroid permanently.

If you really stuck with no results, you might try reviewing your past diets and current situation w/ a good nutritionist. I am in the same boat as far as having gone through some fairly significant weight changes in a short period of time (lost & gained 20 lbs 2 times in 8 months for two body building shows last year). Your body may be shocked from all the changes and doesn't respond to diets anymore. Most diets will be carb & calorie limiting and sometimes your body has decided it is in starvation mode because of the inconsistent food input and just hold on to everything it has. You might end up backing off the diets for a while, (i.e. increase carbs a little) so your body feels it is getting enough food to run on and will begin to process it (metabolism) in a more relaxed manner.

Just my experience - I've been loading protein for a year and now I'm following a holistic diet to "detox" my body from all the supplements (e.g. ephedrine, etc.) I now own a juicer and I feel like going out and hugging a tree every morning now (all organic foods, spirolina for breakfast, wheat grass & carrot juice for my afternoon snack, etc.) But I'll give it a shot for a month. At least I will be cleaning out my system and my already clean eating habits have kept me from going through any nasty "detox" effects (idea is all the garbage in your system gets pulled out and filtered out so while its free in your system you can get headaches, feel sluggish, etc.)

Good luck - it sounds like you've made incredible progress and that last 10-15 lb is always the hardest :bawling:

OK, personally, and it goes against the swing of the replies so far, I have tried Deca and loved it. I had no sides other than a bit of acne on my chest (not bad at all, just had never had any blemishes there at all), and my poundages increased each week. I also saw a decrease in fat around my butt (which had always been a problem area, suprise, suprise).

I was doing 50mg every week, loved it! Would only recommend for those who are seriously trying to put on some size though, not primarily to lose body fat.

Jessyca143

If you're wanting to lean out and harden up, then I'd first recommend a different form of birth control rather than the Pill, or any hormonal BC (Depo Provera, etc) for that matter, before trying Deca or other AS. The Pill works hormonally by making your body think it's already pregnant, so it's really going to fight against you trying to lose fat.

I gained a lot of weight (fat) on the "low-dose" birth control pill - the one they say doesn't make you gain weight even though I tightened my diet and increased my exercise considerably (tried several versions of this type of Pill).

Most of this weight was in my abs and butt where I'd never had a problem before. I'd always been very active in athletics, so this weight gain was a surprise and a real downer since nothing I tried seemed to help. Once I came off the Pill, the first 10 pounds dropped quickly, the last 5 were more difficult.

Just thought I'd thow this suggestion in the mix for you, because based on my experience and many others I've read about, hormonal BC can be a real roadblock to losing body fat.

I'll second fitfossil's advice. You may get a lot better result (in terms of fatloss) from dropping the hormonal BC instead of taking Deca. Combining the two seems kinda silly to me if fatloss is your goal. Mixing BC and Deca is fine if your main goal is muscle gain. And like most of the others said, Deca is not an ideal first choice for AS for most women. Aside from the long half life of Deca, it is also one of the most counterfeited steroids around and it is not uncommon for unscrupulous dealers to substitute cheaper Test esters for Deca. Please be careful with what you put in your body. Have you tried any of the thermogenics that are available to help with fatloss?

Top Bottom