Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

is ALA all its cracked up too be?

ala

• yes it works

Votes: 28 50.0%
  • no it does not

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • I can not tell

Votes: 17 30.4%
  • its the best supp since creatine

Votes: 7 12.5%

• Total voters
On refeed days when I am taking up to 700g of carbs each day, do you guys recommend 2g of ALA per day or 3g of ALA to get good results?

$ wise I would much rather take in just 2g per day, but I also want the best results that I can get. So thats why I am asking - what do you guys think?

MS

I love this stuff!!

It is awesome to be able to have milk and natural PB on a Ket. Diet and not worry about the 15-20 carbs. Or even better, Muscle Milk!!:)

MonStar1023 said:
On refeed days when I am taking up to 700g of carbs each day, do you guys recommend 2g of ALA per day or 3g of ALA to get good results?

$ wise I would much rather take in just 2g per day, but I also want the best results that I can get. So thats why I am asking - what do you guys think?

MS
bump, would also like to know? is 2g a day enough?

wow this thread kicks ass. I'm new to ala, but it sounds like what i should get.

Well heres my story. Im 19, 6'1, 205, dont know bf %. When i was young i was super skinny till i was 7. Then i got super tubby till about 2 years ago. Started by working out a little, then more and now my body is good, but not defined. I dont know about bulking and cutting and all that crap, i just dont have enough time or care enough (now at least). My goal since i was tubby was just to get lean, but gain muscle too. Now my goal is to develop more defenition, of course get that 6 pack! Im not really on a diet now, i just watch what i eat. I would guess that i am pretty insulin resistant since i was fat, and i know if i ate fast food alot i would gain weight again. So how would ala help me? If i take alot before, say dinner, where i eat alot of carbs what exactly would it do? I'm tryin to do ome research but your advice would help alot.

Last edited:
BTW, i think i found an answer to your questions about how much to take............
How to Take It

The recommended adequate intake of ALA in the diet is listed below:

Pediatric

Infants that are breastfed should receive sufficient amounts of ALA if the mother has an adequate intake of this fatty acid.
Infant formula should contain 1.5% ALA.

Adult

2,200 mg/day of ALA
(100 grams of raw flaxseed provides 22,800 mg of ALA; 100 grams of dried butternuts provides 8,700 mg of ALA; 100 grams of English and Persian walnuts provides 6800 mg of ALA; 100 grams of cooked soybeans provides 2,100 mg of ALA)
http://www.healthandage.com/html/res/com/ConsSupplements/AlphaLinolenicAcidALAcs.html
2.2g of ALA = 733mg or R-ALA, if you use the general formula that you only need to take 1/3 the R-ALA compared to ALA.

Last edited:
quote:

How to Take It

The recommended adequate intake of ALA in the diet is listed below:

Pediatric

Infants that are breastfed should receive sufficient amounts of ALA if the mother has an adequate intake of
this fatty acid.
Infant formula should contain 1.5% ALA.

Adult

2,200 mg/day of ALA
(100 grams of raw flaxseed provides 22,800 mg of ALA; 100 grams of dried butternuts provides 8,700 mg of
ALA; 100 grams of English and Persian walnuts provides 6800 mg of ALA; 100 grams of cooked soybeans
provides 2,100 mg of ALA)

Im not sure who wrote that but its WAY OFFFFFF

ALA.... Alpha Lipoic Acid is not a FATTY acid or omega 3 that flax and nuts contain...HUGEEEEEEEE difference......... be aware of this...

you MAY be thinking of LINEOLIC acid

Top Bottom