Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

IRS Knew Teap Party Was Targeted for Additional Income Tax Scrutiny

By your standards, a linear discussion is agreeing with you.

You compared apples and oranges and now you're upset that I won't run with your assumption.

physician heal thyself

mirror.jpg

i'm not saying that there is any sort of evil conspiracy...we used to do the exact same thing here in the u.s...i don't know how old you are but anyone that is at least 40-something can remember a day when you were tested for certain things early in elementary school and then all of a sudden, a lot of people that used to be in the same classroom with you were now across the hall...everyone knew why...no one made a big deal out of it...all men were not created equal...that's just the way it is...and trying to erase the lines simply dumbs-down the kids that have the ability to excel, but are now not getting challenged.

Yup. Second grade, Mrs. Fischer's class.

They broke us into four groups and corralled us group-by-group into a room. They put a book in front of you and asked you to start reading aloud in front of everyone. The kids that struggled were cut off before they got embarrassed. Of the kids that could read it, they let them keep going for a minute or so. If it was obvious you could read smoothly and didn't get hung up, they pulled you out of the regular class and met as a small group for English class for the rest of elementary school.

Yup. Second grade, Mrs. Fischer's class.

They broke us into four groups and corralled us group-by-group into a room. They put a book in front of you and asked you to start reading aloud in front of everyone. The kids that struggled were cut off before they got embarrassed. Of the kids that could read it, they let them keep going for a minute or so. If it was obvious you could read smoothly and didn't get hung up, they pulled you out of the regular class and met as a small group for English class for the rest of elementary school.

i was put in mrs. teufel's class in 2nd grade because of some evaluation process that took place in 1st grade...i don't even remember who my 1st grade teacher was...but i remember mrs. teufel (and pretty much every teacher after that) because there was something special going on in those classrooms...higher level thinking, creativity, etc. weren't just encouraged, they were required.

i was put in mrs. teufel's class in 2nd grade because of some evaluation process that took place in 1st grade...i don't even remember who my 1st grade teacher was...but i remember mrs. teufel (and pretty much every teacher after that) because there was something special going on in those classrooms...higher level thinking, creativity, etc. weren't just encouraged, they were required.

public schools are encouraged to identify and label those children with behavioral issues so that they can receive an individualized education program (iep) and a therapeutic staff support (tss...a person that follows that one kid around all day to make sure that they behave and pay attention) but, God-forbid that we label a child as a high-achiever and then set them apart from the rank-and-file...that would make the lesser-achievers feel bad about themselves and question their self-worth...omigod...then they'd have to learn how to cope...so that they would be ready to enter the real world someday...that would be terrible.

I remember having this conversation before, and doing a lot of reading on the testing methods etc. Its all posted somewhere in an old thread. So I don't want to reinvent the wheel but I think that excuse is questionable.

of course it's questionable because all those countries have their elite private schools as well. Their public schools get compared with ours, it's a straight 1v1 comparison.

Anyway, back to this tea party thing. The more I now understand the more I think they were exactly doing their job. They should be doing this with every single political organization trying to get tax exemption without disclosing donors no matter the fucking affiliation. The republicans are just sour about it because it appears the vast majority of these political organizations applying for the 501 which doesn't require disclosure...are infact conservative groups. It came out this morning that Rove may be infact funneling money from all these tea party groups into republican coffers. So basically the republicans have found a way to marshal the tea party movement right back into their bank accounts.

of course it's questionable because all those countries have their elite private schools as well. Their public schools get compared with ours, it's a straight 1v1 comparison.

Anyway, back to this tea party thing. The more I now understand the more I think they were exactly doing their job. They should be doing this with every single political organization trying to get tax exemption without disclosing donors no matter the fucking affiliation. The republicans are just sour about it because it appears the vast majority of these political organizations applying for the 501 which doesn't require disclosure...are infact conservative groups. It came out this morning that Rove may be infact funneling money from all these tea party groups into republican coffers. So basically the republicans have found a way to marshal the tea party movement right back into their bank accounts.

not true...they identify their elite and then separate them from the herd...has nothing to do with private schools...you're all full of shit...and most of you are too young to remember when we did it ourselves...when we had the best education system in the world...before all the namby-pamby do-gooders fucked it up...whatever...get off my lawn!

talk to some of your local school administration people...principals, superintendents, etc...the people that actually care about this shit and make it a point to educate themselves about these issues...hear what they have to say...and then come back and talk to me...until then? get off my fucking lawn.

Top Bottom