Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ironwings journal *

That's awesome ironwings!! Glad to hear that things are finally going much better for you. You seem allot happier now too. Congratulations.
Keep us updated on your photo shoot. We want pictures!!!:biggrin:

+1!

I can't wait to see how the shots come out.

Just checking in....all is progressing well. I will be weighing in and taking bf this weekend. I'll update more then. I'm feeling good and so far everything is hardening up nicely. A little too many veins for my taste but it comes with the territory! 4 or 5 weeks to go - do not have a definite date for the shoot.

Workouts are progressing and the following is my current schedule:

After my training sessions I do 20 - 30 minutes high intensity cardio - usually cycling. I have added a second cardio session 6 days a week each morning for 45 minutes - typically I end up interval cycling. It tooks my legs about a week to get used to this. But my legs and derierre are leaning out nicely.

I work my abs every training day + whenever I feel like I need it during the week. On average it ends up being 4 or 5 times a week. My abs grow like crazy so I know I need to lighten up on these (particularly lower abs).

Does anyone have any great upper ab exercises that you love?

Monday:

3 straight sets, 12 reps

Leg Press
Deadlift
Smythe Shoulder Press (been having trouble with my shoulder and these fit the bill)
Bodyweight rows: I couldn't even begin to explain these. Onebreath holds his breath when I do them, they aid in my adrenaline needs ;-)
Incline DB Chest Press
Quad Extensions
Weighted Bridge

Tuesday:

3 circuits, each exercise done for 1 minute - trying to beat reps each time

Box Jump - 5 risers
Wide grip row with partial squat
Wide stance lateral step up
1 leg dumbbell curl to press (trying to find a bosu at my gym for these)
Crunches (called quadreuped crunch)
1 leg dead lifts with barbell

After 3 circuits I finish with lunges to failure (not weighted)

Friday:

shoot - I don't have it with me - I'll post later today.

Hope all is well with everyone! Chow...

hey chica!

damn 4-5 weeks, you must be excited. you already look awesome from you last photos, now with the lower bodyfat %age i know your looking absolutely fantastic. you have no reason to stress out, i'm glad your not stressing about lower body anymore(or as much). deadlines always draw stress foreword. remember to stop and take a breather. you probably look flawless, remember that! and believe it. the camera will capture perfection and everyone else will see it, so go ahead and FEEL it and everything will fall into place. no more stressing ok?

as for upper body, I don't know, i like to use the ab crunch machine. work the whole rectus abdominal area at once. i load it as heavy as i can and come up real slow. when i work them this way, my abs are always sore the next day as apposed to doing them heavy and fast or normal pace.

Just checking in....all is progressing well. I will be weighing in and taking bf this weekend. I'll update more then. I'm feeling good and so far everything is hardening up nicely. A little too many veins for my taste but it comes with the territory! 4 or 5 weeks to go - do not have a definite date for the shoot.

Workouts are progressing and the following is my current schedule:

After my training sessions I do 20 - 30 minutes high intensity cardio - usually cycling. I have added a second cardio session 6 days a week each morning for 45 minutes - typically I end up interval cycling. It tooks my legs about a week to get used to this. But my legs and derierre are leaning out nicely.

I work my abs every training day + whenever I feel like I need it during the week. On average it ends up being 4 or 5 times a week. My abs grow like crazy so I know I need to lighten up on these (particularly lower abs).

Does anyone have any great upper ab exercises that you love?

Monday:

3 straight sets, 12 reps

Leg Press
Deadlift
Smythe Shoulder Press (been having trouble with my shoulder and these fit the bill)
Bodyweight rows: I couldn't even begin to explain these. Onebreath holds his breath when I do them, they aid in my adrenaline needs ;-)
Incline DB Chest Press
Quad Extensions
Weighted Bridge

Tuesday:

3 circuits, each exercise done for 1 minute - trying to beat reps each time

Box Jump - 5 risers
Wide grip row with partial squat
Wide stance lateral step up
1 leg dumbbell curl to press (trying to find a bosu at my gym for these)
Crunches (called quadreuped crunch)
1 leg dead lifts with barbell

After 3 circuits I finish with lunges to failure (not weighted)

Friday:

shoot - I don't have it with me - I'll post later today.

Hope all is well with everyone! Chow...

Here we go....Friday's workouts

This is a timed workout (typically anywhere from 22 minutes to 30)

Wide Grip Assisted Pull-Up, 25 reps
One-Arm Clean and Press, 25 reps each side
Box Jump, 50 reps
Lying Leg Raise with Dumbbells, 50 reps
Romanian Deadlift, 50 reps
Elevated Push-Up, 50 reps
Wide-Grip Assisted Pull-Up, 25 reps

My knee is giving me a bit of a fit. Had a rough time doing cardio this morning. I'm heading to soak it now!

damn 4-5 weeks, you must be excited.

Oh girl, I will be thankful that this craziness is over and I can gain a few pounds back but I am not so hot on the idea of being in front of a camera and in front of the other people at the gym where it will be shot. But, I will overcome that I'm sure - it is a job.

I'm coming around. Ever since I was able to get that abnormal water weight off of me my body is starting to thin out nicely and remain hard. I always worry when I start to lean out that I will lose too much muscle but it doesn't seem to be happening. If anything I'm still gaining. My weight isn't changing much but my body fat % keeps going down. All is well.

Thanks for the encouraging words! I am trying my best to not be obsessed over this. Now, if I could just get rid of work stress ;-)

Muah...

Checking in....

Things are going well. On the final stretch and boy that feels fantastic! Still doing 3 days lifting and 8 - 10 cardio sessions a week. I found that the low calorie "diet" was detrimental to me - not only was I sickly and flat looking I couldn't keep up with clients. Now that is bad. Other competitors and coaches turned me on to the CKD diet (an event based diet for the "advanced" athlete that is planned around specific workouts and glycogen depletion). You can check out a thread in the diet and bodybuilding section (I'm thinking about starting a CKD diet) if you want to follow it.

I have made a HUGE transformation on the diet. I feel 110% better, my body is harder then it has ever been and my shape has changed drastically. All in two weeks.

Warning: This diet is not to be used as a typical diet and you should be in 100% good health before starting and already training at an advanced level. Weight gain will enevitably occur when you go back to a healthy diet (although there are many ways to keep that minimal). The diet allows absoutely NO cheating from the principles what so ever and training is timed around the diet so you have to be flexible with training times/days. It is also very individualized (most hire coaches to guide them) and it takes approximately 3 weeks to get the numbers and foods exactly right for your body (although I hit the jackpot week 1).

Hope you guys are well....I am having blueberry pancakes with syrup this morning so I am doing fantastic ;-) I'm also attending a seminar on hormone therapy and will share all that I learn later this weekend. (I am very exicted about this because where I live there has been a huge resistance to the matter and I have not found a doctor that will work well with my clients - I think today might be the day my valley turns around!)

Be good....

congratulations to you ironwings :) I'm so glad that you found your nitch and that you're happy about your progress. It's an amazing accomplishment.
"STILL" waiting for those pictures.

Checking in....

Things are going well. On the final stretch and boy that feels fantastic! Still doing 3 days lifting and 8 - 10 cardio sessions a week. I found that the low calorie "diet" was detrimental to me - not only was I sickly and flat looking I couldn't keep up with clients. Now that is bad. Other competitors and coaches turned me on to the CKD diet (an event based diet for the "advanced" athlete that is planned around specific workouts and glycogen depletion). You can check out a thread in the diet and bodybuilding section (I'm thinking about starting a CKD diet) if you want to follow it.

I have made a HUGE transformation on the diet. I feel 110% better, my body is harder then it has ever been and my shape has changed drastically. All in two weeks.

Warning: This diet is not to be used as a typical diet and you should be in 100% good health before starting and already training at an advanced level. Weight gain will enevitably occur when you go back to a healthy diet (although there are many ways to keep that minimal). The diet allows absoutely NO cheating from the principles what so ever and training is timed around the diet so you have to be flexible with training times/days. It is also very individualized (most hire coaches to guide them) and it takes approximately 3 weeks to get the numbers and foods exactly right for your body (although I hit the jackpot week 1).

Hope you guys are well....I am having blueberry pancakes with syrup this morning so I am doing fantastic ;-) I'm also attending a seminar on hormone therapy and will share all that I learn later this weekend. (I am very exicted about this because where I live there has been a huge resistance to the matter and I have not found a doctor that will work well with my clients - I think today might be the day my valley turns around!)

Be good....

yooo hoo!as long as you are feeling good.:dance2:

nice! i love seminars, all kinds, always thought it was kinda weird, but there is always something interesting.

Good gracious it has been a long time since I have posted.

My photo shoot was postponed so I took a couple weeks off from strict dieting and calorie restriction. My body loved it! I'll be having photos taken in August so I'll make sure to share then.

I'm doing tabatas for my training right now and they are kicking my butt. Loving it though. Diet is good right now...lots of fruit and vegetables, very little starches, and moderate protein (very little meat). My body is thanking me. I finally broke my plateau of 126...and continuing to lose. I backed away from diets and nutritional advice and simply started listening to my body. I preach it, might as well live it.

Hope everyone is well. I'm on a mini vacation right now but when I get back I'll post some tabatas for you guys to try!

much love...

Top Bottom