Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ironwings journal *

lol, so simple, yet so complicated. then agian that's life isn't it....

this morning, i watched the sun rise, those first glimpses of light and i don't know why i had missed out on it before, so beautiful. its such a sacred time, where you feel alone, not a bad loneliness, just a sense of wholeness...IDK. you can just close you eyes and breathe in the cool air, let the fading darkness of the night just envelope you. its a good thing it doesn't get too cold here cause i sure did just stand there for a while. i'm always running and god i miss...been missing so much along the way. me thinks, time to slow down a bit, and just appreciate the now.
Yeah!!! Yeah!!! How awesome. Now if we could just practice that in everything we do :) Girl, you are just too cool!

Finally starting to see some strength gains over the last couple of weeks. Good gracious, I've been clean pressing the same weight for over a year.

Hang clean press +10lb
Lateral Raise +3lb
Bicep curl +10lb
Leg press +90lb for reps
One leg deads +10lbs

I feel a little chubby but friends at the gym said this morning it looked like I was leaning out. My shoulders and arms are coming back around with striations (they lost definition while I didn't train upper body) and my thighs/glutes are thinning out a bit.

Being the domestic goddess I am, I have a burn on my palm and have not been able to do drills. I'm having to do interval and steady state for my cardio :-(

All else is well...

those are some heavy weights! whoo hooo. i also increased mine last week and sure did feel it. and chubby!?!!lol

also, thank you everyone for you words of wisdom. i needed to hear them. i went the bookstore this afternoon and i picked up a few books.:biggrin:

those are some heavy weights! whoo hooo. i also increased mine last week and sure did feel it. and chubby!?!!lol

also, thank you everyone for you words of wisdom. i needed to hear them. i went the bookstore this afternoon and i picked up a few books.:biggrin:

Great job on increasing those weights!!
ebony~ which books did you pick up??

Glad you got some reads!

I like the support and the information in this thread. Another reason why this site is awesome.

Great job on increasing those weights!!
ebony~ which books did you pick up??

i got A Whole New Mind, A new Earth, they didn't have the power of know. i also got Essentials of Myers-Briggs Type Indicator Assessment, its a personality indicator test book i thought would be fun. its definitely an interesting book. according to the results I'm an ENFP. The Way It Is by William Stafford. The Book of General Ignorance by John Mitchinson. then i picked up Nora Roberts three Sisters Island Trilogy.

i got A Whole New Mind, A new Earth, they didn't have the power of know. i also got Essentials of Myers-Briggs Type Indicator Assessment, its a personality indicator test book i thought would be fun. its definitely an interesting book. according to the results I'm an ENFP. The Way It Is by William Stafford. The Book of General Ignorance by John Mitchinson. then i picked up Nora Roberts three Sisters Island Trilogy.
LOL - I am right in the middle of a ENFP and a INFP :)

Good reads ebony. Let me know how you like A New Earth.

I have a sprained ankle :worried:

Argh...no cardio this morning but I'm heading out to do shoulders and arms - tring to stay off my foot. Hopefully after a full epsom soak I'll be all better!

I do have a confession to make. This past Friday I was CRAVING Wendy's burger and fries. Yep, and fries. Now, I never eat fast food unless it is dyer emergency. I even teach my son that it has germs in it - lol. So I pulled myself right into the lot and decided to go in and wait in line. I figured this would give me time to stew about my decision. As I stood there I could smell the grease and the pictures on the menu looked terrible. I kept thinking if it is fries that I want I should just make them myself. I stepped up to the lovely, very nice lady (lol) and order a baked potato and chili.

All be it I had a extreme carb load, I at least saved myself from the saturated fat and high calorie meal that I had planned. No more Wendy's.

Lesson is - if you are craving something, stew on it a bit. Pause. Be aware of what it is that you want and why you want it. And, if it happens to be fast food - don't go through the drive-thru. Typically people pull up and order out of habit. They don't even think about what they are ordering - combo #1, small, diet coke please. Like a small is going to do you any good! Go in and stand in line. I think you might change your mind.

LOL - I am right in the middle of a ENFP and a INFP :)

Good reads ebony. Let me know how you like A New Earth.

lol, awesome!

and you cant be both! you'd have to lean towards one or the other a little more. for me it was hard to decide between F or T when i read their profiles, but i was more F than T. then i did the online assessment. same results as the book.ENFP.

Top Bottom