Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ironwings journal *

I just got done reading through your journal.

There is nothing more attractive to me (NOT just physically) of a woman that takes care of herself, has the discipline to continue through it, and it still a lady.

Exactly why I married the girl I did.

Keep going!

B-

Many thanks Bblazer. Yes, taking care of one's self is a very attractive quality in anyone. You have to take care of yourself before you can take care of others. It goes much deeper than physical appearance - that is simply a plus to the equation. It is always a journey and self discovery - that is what makes it so fun. I discover something new about myself all the time. Pushing my body to the limits and overcoming my mental clutter are all just part of the process.

Isn't is great to have a partner that does the same?

I think I may have mentioned this before but it is worth mentioning again. I have received a few PM's asking how I stand to stay on a treadmill (or any equipment) for an hour. I have to admit I have always HATED cardio equipment. I was a dancer, I taught classes, I had no use for a machine. Until now. I am having to learn to find joy and discipline in it. To make it easier and to use the time wisely I listen to books while I walk. I load up my ipod for the one hour time and go to it. I get lost in the book and pay no attention to time. I typically chose books that will challenge my mind and learn new concepts. You can chose any you like - anything you can get lost in. Make sure to take a few mental breaks and be aware of how your body feels or check your heart rate.

I used to love to take cycle classes during the winter when I couldn't get on my bike but it became stressful to try to fit the class shcedule into my crazy, ever changing routine. I have found that although I miss those classes, I feel much more relaxed knowing that I can get my cardio in any time I want. No strucure. No missing classes and doing nothing in its place.

Hope everyone is well - it is terribly cold here in Virginia and so many people are sick.

Just checking in...I miss journaling!

I started cardio again every morning (45 min - 1 hour) 2 weeks ago. I have now added seated leg exercises and biceps/triceps. I haven't done seated leg exercises in a LONG time and I hated having to sit on the extension and curl hammer machines. But, I'm adjusting and find pleasure in the leg press. I've been doing about 6 - 8 high rep sets with various foot positions. This past Sunday after 6 sets I stacked on 450lbs and pressed it 4 times (with onebreath screaming at me of course and me making the most awful sounds). So with the sled that was 495lbs! It felt great, now to get 8 out - might take me a couple more weeks but it will be done! Of course I feel terrible today - my glutes hurt so bad they feel like they are bruised when I sit or touch them and my hams are screaming.

This week I'm adding in a few extra 20 minute cardio sessions in the afternoon after weights. Overall my macros are good and I've been consistant with timing of my meals - except tonight I had carbs at 7 :( - No weight gain but no significant loss either.

Hope everyone is in good health - I'll touch base again when I can press out 8 reps of 475. LOL - OK, maybe before that. I do start DC training in January and will want to log that :rolleyes:

IW, you're doing so great and you're so disciplined. It's fantastic that you're beginning to incorporate workouts as you heal.
I know how you're going to look, lets say....20 years from now.
Well, I like visuals, but couldn't find a smiley to describe it.
You'll look Awesome!

Isn't is great to have a partner that does the same?

It sure is. I imagine it would be difficult if not near impossible to be married to someone who was the polar opposite when it came to body/mind health.

It would drive me crazy to be eating a chicken breast and look over at someone I loved digging into a bag of Doritos.

Although the occasional cheat is fun now and then....:qt:

B-

Able to do back now....so I'll be lifting four days a week - yeah! I will absolutely be ready for DC training in January. Hit a personal record this morning on rack deads - 195lb 8x. That was after 5 other work up sets :p I stood there looking at the weight saying, of course I can. Working my way up to 2x my weight :supercool ...

My macros have been completely off the past couple of days and with most calories be consumed in the evening and very little protein. Terrible, terrible. I'd like to say I've had a tough week but there are no excuses for a bad diet. Back to cooking and macro schedule. Geez.

Weight remains the same but I'm feeling a little soft in the abs, tight everywhere else. No sides from Var and it seems I'm retaining my strength + some.

Enjoy your weekend!

Able to do back now....so I'll be lifting four days a week - yeah! I will absolutely be ready for DC training in January. Hit a personal record this morning on rack deads - 195lb 8x. That was after 5 other work up sets :p I stood there looking at the weight saying, of course I can. Working my way up to 2x my weight :supercool ...

My macros have been completely off the past couple of days and with most calories be consumed in the evening and very little protein. Terrible, terrible. I'd like to say I've had a tough week but there are no excuses for a bad diet. Back to cooking and macro schedule. Geez.

Weight remains the same but I'm feeling a little soft in the abs, tight everywhere else. No sides from Var and it seems I'm retaining my strength + some.

Enjoy your weekend!

You're recovering pretty well!
195lbs rack deads? Pretty strong!!!!
I'm also a bit soft on my abs and I'm not happy about it. But if I want to build, I cant be lean at the same time. Grrr!

You're recovering pretty well!
195lbs rack deads? Pretty strong!!!!
I'm also a bit soft on my abs and I'm not happy about it. But if I want to build, I cant be lean at the same time. Grrr!
Much faster than expected. A little sore still in the ribs...

It stinks doesn't it? I like it much better when they are rock hard. But, I'm not building - I'm supposed to be cutting!! At least you are on the right track - LOL.

Much faster than expected. A little sore still in the ribs...

It stinks doesn't it? I like it much better when they are rock hard. But, I'm not building - I'm supposed to be cutting!! At least you are on the right track - LOL.

I know you're doing a lot of great stuff, but one tip I can give you is drink LOTS of plain mineral water. Like, 1 gallon a day, and that will help you get really hard.

I know you're doing a lot of great stuff, but one tip I can give you is drink LOTS of plain mineral water. Like, 1 gallon a day, and that will help you get really hard.
I absolutely ALWAYS have trouble getting my water in. It is a conscious effort and I certainly need to do a better job! I aim for 100 - 130oz a day but I bet I average 75 or so on a good day. I tell you what - that will be my goal for the week. I'll let you know how I do...

Top Bottom