Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Intermittent Fasting discussion thread!!

When you say "refeeds" is this independent of raising your carb and calorie intake on training days?

I generally take a "diet break" every 4-6 weeks when my fat loss stalls, for about 10-14 days (ala Lyle McDonald). However, even with this I have not been able to get any lower than about 8% bodyfat. Recently my strength dropped by about 20%, so I think it's time to bulk again before I shrink into nothing.

Always appreciate your input RickRock13.

No, basically my workout days are the refeeds as of right now. I've been at around 400g carbs on those days with all my other days being at 150-200g.

In your case, it sounds like you have experienced a little bit of metabolic damage if it isn't hormone or thyroid related. 10-14 days and refeeds isn't enough for you if that's the case.

You would have to raise your metabolic capacity up to a good range before seeing good fat loss again. The ideal way to do that is to slowly add in calories (mostly carbs) each week for several weeks if its minimally damaged or it could take as long as 3-4 months or more depending on how damaged your metabolism is.

So, you are right about needing to go into a surplus, but the best way to do that is slow increases for damage control reasons

For more info on metabolic damage, check out some of Layne Norton's biolayne YouTube videos on the subject. He has a lot of great info on it.

No, basically my workout days are the refeeds as of right now. I've been at around 400g carbs on those days with all my other days being at 150-200g.

In your case, it sounds like you have experienced a little bit of metabolic damage if it isn't hormone or thyroid related. 10-14 days and refeeds isn't enough for you if that's the case.

You would have to raise your metabolic capacity up to a good range before seeing good fat loss again. The ideal way to do that is to slowly add in calories (mostly carbs) each week for several weeks if its minimally damaged or it could take as long as 3-4 months or more depending on how damaged your metabolism is.

So, you are right about needing to go into a surplus, but the best way to do that is slow increases for damage control reasons

For more info on metabolic damage, check out some of Layne Norton's biolayne YouTube videos on the subject. He has a lot of great info on it.

Wow, I never thought of that. Looks like I have some homework to do tonight via youtube. I love that stuff.

The long road to rippedness continues. I always think I have it all figured out and then I get thrown a curve ball.

Thanks!

Wow, I never thought of that. Looks like I have some homework to do tonight via youtube. I love that stuff.

The long road to rippedness continues. I always think I have it all figured out and then I get thrown a curve ball.

Thanks!

No problem bro. There's no certainty that metabolic damage is your issue, but its my guess based on what you have told me. Especially since you are experiencing a severe loss of strength while not getting any leaner. That tells me you were in a pretty big overall defecit for long enough to reduce your metabolism to a snails pace in an attempt to get leaner. Its pretty common for it to happen to competitors precontest that diet too extreme, do too much cardio, diet too long, etc...

I can take a bit to come back from, but its worth it. Just take the time to concentrate on LBM gain, and make small controlled increases each week without putting yourself into a defecit for now. You will probably be amazed at how quick you can lose fat once you get metabolic capacity optimized.

Layne has natural female clients eating 400g of carbs per day or more with little to no cardio in contest prep, leaning out every week after getting their metabolic capacity so high. Its funny hearing about these people trying to keep up with their metabolism and force feeding just a few weeks from a show. Its nuts.

No problem bro. There's no certainty that metabolic damage is your issue, but its my guess based on what you have told me. Especially since you are experiencing a severe loss of strength while not getting any leaner. That tells me you were in a pretty big overall defecit for long enough to reduce your metabolism to a snails pace in an attempt to get leaner. Its pretty common for it to happen to competitors precontest that diet too extreme, do too much cardio, diet too long, etc...

I can take a bit to come back from, but its worth it. Just take the time to concentrate on LBM gain, and make small controlled increases each week without putting yourself into a defecit for now. You will probably be amazed at how quick you can lose fat once you get metabolic capacity optimized.

Layne has natural female clients eating 400g of carbs per day or more with little to no cardio in contest prep, leaning out every week after getting their metabolic capacity so high. Its funny hearing about these people trying to keep up with their metabolism and force feeding just a few weeks from a show. Its nuts.

It's possible, I've been dieting a lot and even thrown in many full fasting days here and there. No problem though, I have learned to be patient over the years. I plan to increase lean muscle mass over the next few months anyway and it will be nice adding carbs gradually. Hell, I'm 6'7", if a lean fitness model is consuming 400g of carbs a day, I should be consuming about 500g with my active lifestyle.

I probably only have about 5-10 lbs to lose before my lower abs emerge, but at that weight (I'm 200lbs now), I would probably blow away in the wind, think Christian Bale in "The Machinist." :0

I watched Lanye Norton's "Metabolic Damage" yesterday and a few others. I can't wait to watch them all. Finally, a PHD body builder/trainer who knows his shit and cares.

How do you feel about a nursing mother fasting?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using EliteFitness

Even though I don't see it being a problem, it's not something I would recommend during that time. Priority during nursing should be the child's health and nutrition. Diet is very crucial to ensuring the child gets everything they need if they are nursing because the mother provides 100% of their intake. There is a lot of development that happens during that time, and it's not a time that I feel doing any type of extreme on dieting should be done. Eating enough of a balanced diet with the right vitamins and minerals should be the main focus.

Even though I don't see it being a problem, it's not something I would recommend during that time. Priority during nursing should be the child's health and nutrition. Diet is very crucial to ensuring the child gets everything they need if they are nursing because the mother provides 100% of their intake. There is a lot of development that happens during that time, and it's not a time that I feel doing any type of extreme on dieting should be done. Eating enough of a balanced diet with the right vitamins and minerals should be the main focus.

Thanks bro... we figured. She seen me get pretty lean with this and you know how females are about their weight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using EliteFitness

Thanks for posting those articles RickRock13.

It's been about a month since my potential metabolic damage diagnosis and I've been slowly increasing my carbs on rest days and refeed days. My strength has increased slightly but my weight has not increased at all, even after a couple of binges added into the mix, such as two Canadian thanksgiving feedings. I'm really surprised that my weight is unchanged.

Diet:
Rest Day Carbs: 30g
Refeed Day Carbs: 300g

Now:
Rest Day Carbs: 150g and increasing
Refeed Day Carbs: 350 - 400g and increasing

Top Bottom