Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Intermittent Fasting discussion thread!!

Thanks for posting those articles RickRock13.

It's been about a month since my potential metabolic damage diagnosis and I've been slowly increasing my carbs on rest days and refeed days. My strength has increased slightly but my weight has not increased at all, even after a couple of binges added into the mix, such as two Canadian thanksgiving feedings. I'm really surprised that my weight is unchanged.

Diet:
Rest Day Carbs: 30g
Refeed Day Carbs: 300g

Now:
Rest Day Carbs: 150g and increasing
Refeed Day Carbs: 350 - 400g and increasing

That's awesome news man. You are doing exactly as you should to build it back up. It takes time, but eventually your metabolic capacity will be pretty outstanding and you will be able to strip fat much easier than you've been accustomed to. Thanks for keeping me updated bro ;)

That's awesome news man. You are doing exactly as you should to build it back up. It takes time, but eventually your metabolic capacity will be pretty outstanding and you will be able to strip fat much easier than you've been accustomed to. Thanks for keeping me updated bro ;)

Thank you! :D

Hey Rick,

I have a question or two about IF. I apologize in advance if my question has already been covered. I've read numerous pages, but not all 49.

I work out in the AM (because of my schedule, that wont change anytime soon). I like everything I've read thus far regarding IF, but it definitely seems most fitting when doing fasted AM cardio and then weightlifting in the PM.

I find that workouts are more effective when I have some fuel in my system. So, I usually eat a small meal before (30-45 min) my AM workout. After my AM workout, I consume a protein/creatine/leucine/glutamine drink and then begin making a large breakfast which I consume about 30 minutes after my drink. I usually eat this post workout meal around 8am.

So my problem, and what I'm struggling with, is that I feel that my morning program is effective. I've been working out 15+ years and I've tried various schedules for my workout and diet. Over the past few years, I feel like I've got it where I want it..... Until reading a lot of the current IF information.

So, here is my question(s):

With my schedule, should I not fast in the morning (continuing on my schedule) and simply begin the fast sometime after lunch?

Or, does the fast need to be during the first part of the day?

Is IF beneficial enough that you would suggest I fast in the AM, in turn, working out heavy on an empty stomach and then abandoning my post workout shake and meal to continue the fast?

Your thoughts

Last edited:
Hey Rick,

I have a question or two about IF. I apologize in advance if my question has already been covered. I've read numerous pages, but not all 49.

I work out in the AM (because of my schedule, that wont change anytime soon). I like everything I've read thus far regarding IF, but it definitely seems most fitting when doing fasted AM cardio and then weightlifting in the PM.

I find that workouts are more effective when I have some fuel in my system. So, I usually eat a small meal before (30-45 min) my AM workout. After my AM workout, I consume a protein/creatine/leucine/glutamine drink and then begin making a large breakfast which I consume about 30 minutes after my drink. I usually eat this post workout meal around 8am.

So my problem, and what I'm struggling with, is that I feel that my morning program is effective. I've been working out 15+ years and I've tried various schedules for my workout and diet. Over the past few years, I feel like I've got it where I want it..... Until reading a lot of the current IF information.

So, here is my question(s):

With my schedule, should I not fast in the morning (continuing on my schedule) and simply begin the fast sometime after lunch?

Or, does the fast need to be during the first part of the day?

Is IF beneficial enough that you would suggest I fast in the AM, in turn, working out heavy on an empty stomach and then abandoning my post workout shake and meal to continue the fast?

Your thoughts

One of the many benefits of IF is that it is so versatile. You can shift and move that feeding window to any part of the day that is convenient for you, as well as the fast. If you want to break fast in the morning and eat through the early afternoon, and start your fast afterwards that is fine if that works better for you. Most people just like having evening meals, so it's easier for them to fast the mornings.

Your training can be fasted or not, and it really won't make much difference if you are still maintaining the 16/8 protocol. The fast followed by the huge anabolic response you get when you start eating is what IF is all about, so that is the core principal that needs addressed.

So, in short, do whatever works best for you and fits into your lifestyle. Jut adapt it to your life the best you can

Is the only time you incorporate BCAAs is the day you lift? 30 min before and every two hours before you break fast.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

One of the many benefits of IF is that it is so versatile. You can shift and move that feeding window to any part of the day that is convenient for you, as well as the fast. If you want to break fast in the morning and eat through the early afternoon, and start your fast afterwards that is fine if that works better for you. Most people just like having evening meals, so it's easier for them to fast the mornings.

Your training can be fasted or not, and it really won't make much difference if you are still maintaining the 16/8 protocol. The fast followed by the huge anabolic response you get when you start eating is what IF is all about, so that is the core principal that needs addressed.

So, in short, do whatever works best for you and fits into your lifestyle. Jut adapt it to your life the best you can

Rickrock, I keep the 16, but vary the 8. Sometimes it's as much 10 or more (heavy lifting day), sometimes it's as little as 6 or less (cardio day). Do you have an opinion one way or another on this?

Rickrock, I keep the 16, but vary the 8. Sometimes it's as much 10 or more (heavy lifting day), sometimes it's as little as 6 or less (cardio day). Do you have an opinion one way or another on this?

That's fine bro. Adapt it to your liking. Obviously the longer fasts yield more fat loss benefits, but nothing is set in stone. I do a lot of the same right now, and have only done 16 hour fasts on non workout days, and have been eating up to 12 hours on my workout days since my focus has shifted to muscle gain. Its good to experiment and find a formula that works best for you.

Rickrock, are there any foods that might be exempt from the fasting rule? I'm thinking zero cal or near zero with no glycemic impact like say celery, pickles/cucumbers, iceberg lettuce. Just curious.

Rickrock, are there any foods that might be exempt from the fasting rule? I'm thinking zero cal or near zero with no glycemic impact like say celery, pickles/cucumbers, iceberg lettuce. Just curious.

Yeh, anything with minimal to no caloric content will be fine in moderation during the fast. BCAAs for example, still have a low caloric value, but obviously have a small impact on insulin.

If you want to put a splash of creamer in your coffee go for it. Just keep in mind that all of these things impact insulin to some degree, even if its small. The less you impact insulin during the fast, the more you can hurt fat loss...and the greater benefit in anabolism you will get when breaking fast.

Just be sensible during the fast and try to keep from consuming any minute calories any more than you have to.

Hi guys :)
Im
5 10
11%Body Fat
I keep protein high, carbs and fats low
Using that I managed to lose 20lbs, I seem to be stuck here now, Im starting to see more veins and some abs,
Using intermittent fasting I would like to lower my body fat as much as possible in 6 weeks and after that I will start bulking...
My fasting would look something like this
6 30 AM: Wake up and take a protein shake(120kcal 24gprotein), 4PM - 10PM Eating Phase, 10PM - 4PM Fasting phase
I would like to hear a suggestion and advice from you guys :)

Top Bottom