Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Intermittent Fasting discussion thread!!

4 p.m. is what works best for me to stop eating. How many hours is that before you go to bed?

The time you stop eating and the time you go to bed really have no impact on IF. The same goes for consuming carbs before bed. Other than getting 60% (ideally) post workout, when to consume carbs is irrelevant during the feeding.

What is important is maintaining the 16 hour fast each day. The rest will take care of itself ;)

Alright, day 3 on IF.. Here's a quick rundown:
Work days eating window 1130-730(small meal fastbreak, largest meal post-workout)
Non work days eating window 1030-630 (fasted workout, largest meal post workout)
Hunger has not been an issue, sweet cravings are down, late night snacking is down, energy is pretty good.
My biggest problem has been eating large meals. As a result, I've already lost a few pounds(could be water) Today my hunger was pretty wicked so I took the opportunity to break the fast with a larger meal than I'm used to. (3 chicken breasts, 1 slice ezekiel bread, cup of yams cooked in coconut oil)
Loving this diet! Keep the thread going so I can continue learning...

Just started IF again today, and don't think I want to come off again...last night I crashed early due to just exhaustion, so last meal yesterday was 6pm, and due to meetings at work this morning didn't get my first meal of the day until 1 pm...so 19 hour fast the first day, unintentional of course, but also slept 12 hours too...double whammy! So eating my second meal of the day right now...Fava Beans w/ground chicken and marinara sauce & greek yogurt w/ scoop of Rocky Road protein mixed, earlier for my first meal I had 12 whites w/low sugar organic apple cinnamon oats cooked in w/2 tbls peanut butter drizzled on top, a protein shake, and an apple...dinner will be chicken and veggies, then fast again at 9 pm. See how this works for a while...calories were low today as I didn't train...letting body rest. Will train tomorrow morning at 4:30 am...fasted!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EliteFitness

Your post made me think of something else to bring up. People often ask how much it matters to have a 15 hour fast one day because of a longer feed the day before or what happens with a shorter feed etc....

Simple answer is its all relative and doesn't really matter much. Doing your best to maintain that 16 hour fast is ideal for most instances and works well for that balance between fat loss and muscle gain.

With that said, I've tweaked things to suit my goals at times with the fasting and feeding windows. For the first 6 weeks of my current cycle I went with just 12 hour fasts on workout days....shifting my focus towards muscle gain. It worked extremely well as I gained 15 lbs. These last 6 weeks I've focused more on shredding up, so I went back to a 16 hour fast on workout days and went with up to 20 hour fasts on cardio days. The last couple weeks I've shredded a bunch, and I'm leaner and still 13.5 lbs heavier than the cycles start.

The point is that you can adjust things to suit your needs with IF. Nothing is set in stone, and let the diet work best for you by adjusting if needed.

Alright, day 3 on IF.. Here's a quick rundown:
Work days eating window 1130-730(small meal fastbreak, largest meal post-workout)
Non work days eating window 1030-630 (fasted workout, largest meal post workout)
Hunger has not been an issue, sweet cravings are down, late night snacking is down, energy is pretty good.
My biggest problem has been eating large meals. As a result, I've already lost a few pounds(could be water) Today my hunger was pretty wicked so I took the opportunity to break the fast with a larger meal than I'm used to. (3 chicken breasts, 1 slice ezekiel bread, cup of yams cooked in coconut oil)
Loving this diet! Keep the thread going so I can continue learning...

Great start!! Just wait... and another couple weeks or so you will be amazed at how much food you can eat in a sitting. You will have to tell yourself to stop eating.....literally. My fast breaker today was over 2100 cals, 200g carbs, and 150g protein ....and that was one meal :)

i have been helping my lady diet down from a very high weight after kids, so far she is down 92.4 lbs , over a longish period we found the dave palumbo style of keto dieting worked best for her .

we have now hit a wall the last 4 weeks, i have tried a big cheat meal , i have tried pushing her 2 weeks with no cheat , but weight remains stable .

but now we are about 10 - 15 lbs away from goal weight , she is keen to try IF style dieting with her diet, she would be able to fast quite easily from 4pm to 8am the next morning.

would the zero carb moderate fats high protien style work with IF?

she trains in the evening from 6pm to 7pm , mix of weight training 3 x a week, and 40-45min cardio sessions 4-5 times a week.

i have been helping my lady diet down from a very high weight after kids, so far she is down 92.4 lbs , over a longish period we found the dave palumbo style of keto dieting worked best for her .

we have now hit a wall the last 4 weeks, i have tried a big cheat meal , i have tried pushing her 2 weeks with no cheat , but weight remains stable .

but now we are about 10 - 15 lbs away from goal weight , she is keen to try IF style dieting with her diet, she would be able to fast quite easily from 4pm to 8am the next morning.

would the zero carb moderate fats high protien style work with IF?

she trains in the evening from 6pm to 7pm , mix of weight training 3 x a week, and 40-45min cardio sessions 4-5 times a week.

There are a lot of people that I have known to incorporate Keto and other variations of low carb dieting into IF with great results, so yes....it could work very well with IF as long as you do your planned refeeds and do your Keto just as you would without IF.

Sometimes people will hit a wall with fat loss, and further adjustment is needed. Lower cals over long periods of time will eventually slow your metabolism down. If cheat meals haven't helped, this method could definitely help.

Good luck, and tell your girl she has done an incredible job on reaching the goal so far!

My first post here...

In the Renegade Diet.. there is a 4 hour under eating period and a 4 hour over eating period.

It states no fruit in the under eating period. Just vegetables/fats/protein.

Are tomatoes allowed?

My first post here...

In the Renegade Diet.. there is a 4 hour under eating period and a 4 hour over eating period.

It states no fruit in the under eating period. Just vegetables/fats/protein.

Are tomatoes allowed?

The infamous tomato...it is considered a fruit.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EliteFitness

Rick,

On your burn days, say you are at 1800 calories. Now is this including cardio or not. Meaning, if straight up 1800 calories for the day then you burn 400 on cardio, your net is really 1400 on the day. Or do you eat 2200 and get your 400 cardio calories burned to net the 1800. ?

Top Bottom