Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Intermittent Fasting discussion thread!!

My first post here...

In the Renegade Diet.. there is a 4 hour under eating period and a 4 hour over eating period.

It states no fruit in the under eating period. Just vegetables/fats/protein.

Are tomatoes allowed?

I'm not familiar with the renegade diet, but according to what you are stating I would say that tomatoes are not allowed since they are technically a fruit

Rick,

On your burn days, say you are at 1800 calories. Now is this including cardio or not. Meaning, if straight up 1800 calories for the day then you burn 400 on cardio, your net is really 1400 on the day. Or do you eat 2200 and get your 400 cardio calories burned to net the 1800. ?

I never figure in cals burned through exercise. I only aim for a specific caloric target from food. For example, my maintenance is around 2400 right now. My diet today is around 1800 cals. I burned 750 cals on cardio this morning giving me a total defecit around 1350 cals under maintenance

Hi I just wanted to say thanks because if it wasn't for reading posts here on elite fitness I'd still have lots of weight to lose. I had never heard of intermittent fasting until reading it on here. I started about 3 weeks ago and love it iv lost 22 lbs I was 210 with abbs showing well but I carry back fat and it's tuff for me to get rid of but this has worked great. I fast on average 18 hours a day my calories are very low from 1800 to 2000 a day have to work on that. I run 4 days a week about 35 total and around 7 min pace and weight train 3 days a week.I don't eat well on weekends I drink and eat very poor that's why iv always struggled to keep lean I work hard all week then fall apart on the weekend. I have still managed to make progress now even eating bad on weekends and I'm loving it. I'd say it's worth a try for anybody that's struggles to stay lean.

Hi I just wanted to say thanks because if it wasn't for reading posts here on elite fitness I'd still have lots of weight to lose. I had never heard of intermittent fasting until reading it on here. I started about 3 weeks ago and love it iv lost 22 lbs I was 210 with abbs showing well but I carry back fat and it's tuff for me to get rid of but this has worked great. I fast on average 18 hours a day my calories are very low from 1800 to 2000 a day have to work on that. I run 4 days a week about 35 total and around 7 min pace and weight train 3 days a week.I don't eat well on weekends I drink and eat very poor that's why iv always struggled to keep lean I work hard all week then fall apart on the weekend. I have still managed to make progress now even eating bad on weekends and I'm loving it. I'd say it's worth a try for anybody that's struggles to stay lean.

I'm glad you are enjoying it bro. IF is very lenient and it allows for some loose eating from time to time, as long as its done in moderation. I sometimes don't eat the best on the weekends either. I'm gone half the time with the family, and I'm limited on what I can eat. It hasn't stopped me from staying lean one bit. With IF I've actually been able to stay leaner than I've ever been in my life (I only got up to around 8-9% during the winter bulking season) year round, all while eating more lenient with my diet than I would have ever thought I could get away with at 6% bodyfat.

One thing i am finding is my recovery is shattered , i am sore all the time, that said i have not been taking bcaas , and i am now finding this to be essential on this plan !!

had such a shocking workout today with legs, only managed 6 decent sets leg press high reps and 4 sets lying leg curls, proceeded to do 3 sets leg extensions, which i dont usually but was trying to keep quads warm waiting for squat rack, but got so nauseous i had to call it quits , hopefully i can still have a BIG calorie day today after a 30% percent deficit yesterday and 65min cardio session was looking froward to a burger hahaha

One thing i am finding is my recovery is shattered , i am sore all the time, that said i have not been taking bcaas , and i am now finding this to be essential on this plan !!

had such a shocking workout today with legs, only managed 6 decent sets leg press high reps and 4 sets lying leg curls, proceeded to do 3 sets leg extensions, which i dont usually but was trying to keep quads warm waiting for squat rack, but got so nauseous i had to call it quits , hopefully i can still have a BIG calorie day today after a 30% percent deficit yesterday and 65min cardio session was looking froward to a burger hahaha

That's what it is about bro. Eat big like a king on your workout days, and eat like a pauper on your cardio days. Eating clean and in a deficit on those days lets you enjoy a nice rewarding meal or two on those workout days. Most of my workout days feel like cheat meals!

So after about 2 months of not counting calories on IF and losing 8 pounds of fat and then gaining 2 pounds, staying at the same bf%, and making huge gains in strength, I want to start to attempt to count calories for a lean bulk.. Before IF I was at 178lbs (pretty skinny fat). 3 weeks ago, I dropped down to 172lbs (weighed over a few days and averaged) with 9% BF.. As of wednesday, yesterday, and today, I am at 174lbs at 8% BF... That being said, I want to now try to bulk up using IF, without gaining too much (if any) fat. This week I seriously upped my food intake and tried to count all calories and it came out to be around 6000 cals on workout days and 3500 cals on rest days.. My goal is to get up to at least 180lbs and stay under 8-9% BF.. My long term goal is to get to 180-185lbs and try to get and maintain myself at 6% BF....

I workout 3 days a week - back monday, chest wednesday, and legs friday. I went from deadlifting 275lbs x 6 to 310lbs x 6, benching 185lbs x 6 to 215lbs x 6, and squatting 285lbs x 8 to squatting 315 x 8.. All of these, at least to me, seem like pretty awesome gains :D. Hopefully I can keep pushing the weight up as I gain a bit more weight - not gonna lie, I went from skinny-fat to skinny-muscular haha and I want to gain some size. Looking at me you wouldnt be able to tell I can lift what I do.

So, any tips or ideas for diet? Do my cals look about right for what I want to do?

Thanks

Edit: I'm 6 foot 2 and 20 years old btw

how much do you feel some cardio on lifting days messes things up? I only get about 4 days a week tops in the gym based on work schedule,monday is cardio, tue chest/bi's, wed off thur back tri's, fri legs/shoulders. I do cardio four days a week because im a FF and i have some training coming up that Im working on cardio endurance for. could IF still work with these goals?

Top Bottom