Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Insecure people

"My (insert friend, cousin, father, brother, friends friend, etc, etc, etc, etc here) used to lift, and he was about your size, maybe 10-20lbs bigger"

Another classic gem from idiots out there. I ask, "wow! do you have a pic?!" One time my sisters bf pulled that with me. "My little cousin is 14 and catching up on you. 220lbs already, and he doesn't even lift weights." I see a pic months later, and it's from his pool party. 220lbs alright. Including the man titties, gut and triple chin.

That along with the "I know someone who lifts double that!" is always classic.

I find that your real friends will encourage you, even if they don't understand what it is that you are doing. If someone is bringing anything negative to your life, it is time to cut them loose.

JOKER47 said:
The bigger and stronger I get, the more they "challenge" me with things.

"I used to 'lift' (Insert obscene weight here)lbs when I was in school....But I don't work out anymore".
"I knew this guy once, (Insert ridiculous story of outrageous weight here) but he doesn't work anymore."

...and it goes on, and on, and on...........:rolleyes: I just smile and say "Wow! That's neato!".

Joker

Same here. Only I use my bestest Rev. Lovejoy voice and say "Aww....That's super!"

I'm glad my friends aren't so insecure. They give me compliments and support... even the ones that were bigger and stronger than me in the past. They just keep asking if I've benched that 315 yet...LOL

I just love getting those "You still lifting?" questions. Before I used to really take offense to that and be like "do I look like I stopped!?" :mad: But now I just say that I stopped like 5yrs ago (even though they saw me in the gym last week or something). Oh well...

A classic line I hear all the time at school is
"If I went to the gym everyday like he does I would look exactly like him"

Whenever someone asks me how long of been going to the gym for, or how much I bench press I just tell them that I dont goto the gym as I am too young and still waiting for my muscles to develop. The look in their eyes is gold.

BlkWS6 said:
I just love getting those "You still lifting?" questions. Before I used to really take offense to that and be like "do I look like I stopped!?" :mad: But now I just say that I stopped like 5yrs ago (even though they saw me in the gym last week or something). Oh well...

That comment really pisses me off!! haha Gotten that before. Or
"Do you lift weights?" A few days ago, this guy I used to train with, had alot of negative shit to say to me. Telling me I used to look fuller,that I gained fat, and I dont train hard anymore. I wanted to flatline the fucker. Hes one of those guys who hooks you up one day and is a fucking prick the next...Tells me hes my friend and just being honest.. Friends like this I dont fucking need. Understand Exactly where your coming from T3c. I tried to remain positive, told him straight out Im at my strongest and thickest, but he had only negative to say. I look at it like this. No one kicks a dead dog. He must percieve a threat and act on his own insecurities to be that way. Regardless this still pisses me off :mad: :mad:

Top Bottom