Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Insecure people

t3c said:
Does anyone feel like the more they progress and get bigger and stronger the more people want you to fail or constantly put you down

I feel like in the last few weeks good friends and other people just try to put me down because of what i do

fuck them

exactly...if anything proving them wrong is enough to satisfy...let them fire your ass up...i know it does me!! people doubted me in the past and now look at me....nobody does that shit anymore!! but you have a select few though..i just use it as motivation..you know..gas for the fire!! tb

haha Great post. Recently I had some guy come up to me, (ex-convict ,drug dealer gangster type) that I knew from a while back. He had just got out of prison. While he was there he told me some big dude loaded up 780lbs on the bar for bench press and did 20 reps! No exagerration on my part. I was like WTF. I go along with shit most of the time, so I just let it pass haha

I think we all hear it all the time man.It can get discouraging because you might think....I sacrafice things that they dont all the time,and hit every workout hard to achieve major goals,yet this guy is seeming to treat me like Im less of a person for all of this.I dont get it!:mad:
Like the other guys said,its just jealousy,or some may feel intimidated so they try to put you down to make themselves feel better.A guy at work does this crap to me all the time,and one day went too far..when I stood up,he quickly said"dude Im just joking with you.I know if you ever hit me you would probably kill me" Just stupid people man,and their will probably always be people like this,wanting to degrade all of our efforts.....let it fuel your workouts

I think it was Einsteain who said, rough paraphrase- Great spirits will always be be condemned by mediocre minds....

it is annoying on its best day, and infuriorating on its worst day. The biggest thing is that I don't ever ask anyone about what they can do versus what they are doing. But it seems I need to know that there is someone stronger than me, and they just have to tell me....

Fuel for the fire and more contempt for the average Smuck

I have very few friends who don't train seriously for strength.

B True

heres another twist. Has anyone ever been out with a friend and someone that hasnt seen you two in awhile say "wow you are looking big"..and your friend get upset/jealous. I have a friend that lifts probably 2 to 3 times every 2 weeks or so. He doesnt get anywhere but he thinks its doing something for him. A friend came back from college and hung out with us. He asked me if ive been hitting the weights hard cuz im looking big. My friend goes"dude shut up ..quite trying to be nice just to make him feel good"..then the guy said "no man hes looking good"

I just smiled and said thanks

When arrogent people ask what I bench, I will sometimes say "well, I once maxed out at 95lbs, but that was back in my NFL days.". It really fries their cirucuits and they usually shut the fuck up pretty quick.

You seem like a good bro and I would feel lucky to have you as a training partner/friend. I am surrounded by Un-hardcore people, so all my motivation has not choice but to come from within. And from the guys on this site.

So as long as you still got some good bros at your side, yelling in your ear to quit fucking around, you have more than most people.

Truly good friends will not put you down.

Paulo

Paulo said:
When arrogent people ask what I bench, I will sometimes say "well, I once maxed out at 95lbs, but that was back in my NFL days.". It really fries their cirucuits and they usually shut the fuck up pretty quick.

LMAO

That's pretty funny.

Every serious lifter has been inundated with this crap. I think we all just learn to let it slide.

Top Bottom