Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Incline and Decline Flies; are either any good, and if so, which is better?

shardik1000

I was curious about incline and decline free weight flies. Are either of these exercises effective, and if so, which is better?

my fav is 20-30 degrees incline flyes/db press and as flyes are supposed to isolate and work the outer chest you shouldnt go any higher or the stress will go to coracobrachialis / front delts and front traps

I found the optimum angle for incline benchpress for my case to be: 35 degrees (i put some plates under the damn 45 incline bench to adjust the angle)
It is sad that so many gyms only have a fixed incline bench at 45 degrees which in many cases is too steep as benchpressing is a powerexercise and front-delts will usually give out at this angle before chest.
Some pro advised me to start with flat benchpresses, using a very wide grip and lower the bar to my chin (this is a nice upper pecs killer!!!) After that regular flat benches (in time, using both styles will tremendously improve your regular flat benchpress also)

i think for declines
- decline benchepress minus 15 - 20 degrees
- decline dumbell presses minus 15 - 20 degrees
- flat flyes, pec-decks or cable crosses IMMEDIATELY followed by dips to failure
are the way to go
:angel: watch my latspread

Decline don't do shit for me. :mad:

Incline is much better IMO, at a 35d angle. But this is incline bench barbell press, not db press - in any case both work, but IMO, not decline.

Peace

Yeah definitely I agree with all that has been said... incline and decline flyes are great movements for hitting your pecs from different angles. Decline flyes I dont like too much but theyre good none-the-less if you have problems with your lower/outer or lower/inner pec developement. Your can really focus on squeezing your pecs together and focus on the stretch as well. I personally have problems with my upper/inner pec devlopment so I like incline flyes squeezing the dumbbells together at the top. Variety is great when it comes to optimal pec development in my opinion. However you cant avoid the basics... dips, incline barbell presses, flat dumbbell presses, etc.

Top Bottom