Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

If you have only 1 kidney should you avoid supplements and steriods?

seaking420 said:
Do you really think a nerphralogist is going to recommend steriod use. come on. Plus I wasnt just talking about steriods. I also said supplements.

Well you seem like your educated in this, how did you know that was my condition - UPJ obstruction? From the tests that I had done, the kidney that had the UPJ obstruction is functioning fine, I do a lasix test once a year that shows the time that it takes for my kidney to release the waste build up. My other kidney(very small one), they think I was born like that. I do try to drink plenty of water daily, some days are less than others. My nephralogist said to just limit my protein intake and dont drink too much, however I still can have a glass of wine or beer every now and then. I dont drink much, so I resort to smoking the ganja instead. I think your right though, just to stay natural and healthy I definitely dont want dialysis.

Well, I had the same thing almost 30 years ago. Do they still cut you from front all the way aroundto back for this surgery? Hopefully they're able to do this differently now. It was a lengthly recovery and I still have issues with all the cut muscles and nerves. Thats good that there dident appear to be any damage to the blocked kidney. It took the docs almost a year to figure out what was wrong with me, so it did have some damage. Sounds like your on the right track, so keep up what you are doing!

Well, I had the same thing almost 30 years ago. Do they still cut you from front all the way aroundto back for this surgery? Hopefully they're able to do this differently now. It was a lengthly recovery and I still have issues with all the cut muscles and nerves. Thats good that there dident appear to be any damage to the blocked kidney. It took the docs almost a year to figure out what was wrong with me, so it did have some damage. Sounds like your on the right track, so keep up what you are doing!
Sorry to hear your still having issues with it.
The procedure was done laproscopicly(sp?), basically he made 4 small incisions about 1inch each in length, and one was in my belly button thats not even noticable any longer. The Dr sits behind this robot looking machine and does the procedure that way. I did have to sign a waiver in case the machine that they used to do this malfunctioned, that I would allow them to cut me open like they did to you. Man that must of been painful for you. The recovery from the surgery was tuff enough let alone getting cut open like yourself. I ended up having some complications after the surgury, some of the stiches broke off inside which made my recovery longer, I had to keep the stent inside of me for an additional 4 weeks.
How is your kidney functioning now? Do you still have to go for followup tests?

seaking420 said:
Sorry to hear your still having issues with it.
The procedure was done laproscopicly(sp?), basically he made 4 small incisions about 1inch each in length, and one was in my belly button thats not even noticable any longer. The Dr sits behind this robot looking machine and does the procedure that way. I did have to sign a waiver in case the machine that they used to do this malfunctioned, that I would allow them to cut me open like they did to you. Man that must of been painful for you. The recovery from the surgery was tuff enough let alone getting cut open like yourself. I ended up having some complications after the surgury, some of the stiches broke off inside which made my recovery longer, I had to keep the stent inside of me for an additional 4 weeks.
How is your kidney functioning now? Do you still have to go for followup tests?

I havent went in for any follow ups for several years now, but I probably should. You are one lucky mofo to have that done lapro. The worst part of the surgery was the huge incision and the long healing time from that trauma.

to the people who say its weird to find out that you have 1 kidney later in life, not all that uncommon. When i was 31 i had an ultrasound on my nuts for a lump, they checked my kidneys and they only found 1. Guess i was born with only 1. Most eople dont realise they have only 1 untill they die later in life

Top Bottom