Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

if you are 'O'-blood type..

rez

I have been reading up on o-blood type diet, as my naturopath suggested I do...and I have to recommend it to all o-typers out there. It makes sense and it works! It actually recommends going on keto diets (not for every day), and heavy training - best suited to this blood type. Anyway..if you are interested get the blood-type diet book..its definietly helped me understand what types of food/mineral/vitamins etc work for me and what doesnt.

And, I am sure there is a great deal of valid and applicable data to back up this theory.

Of course, if your Naturopath said so...

Rez - how about some more detail or a reference about "this o-type diet". I worked with a holistic nutritionist a bit this summer and she also highly recommended the O-type diet. It was also coupled with a bunch of Eastern philosophy-type stuff - I used it to "detox" 'after several months of competition dieting and feel that it worked. I then followed the diet for a few months. Also felt good. There was lots of "juicing" involved - I gotta say I liked that aspect too -- however I dont' like juicing (big mess & takes too much time to do it in the morning.

Its kinda counter to what we think when we think about bb dieting - e.g. cut back on sugary vegies, fruits, etc. The stuff to make "juicing" taste palatable is carrots, apples, etc. Very sugary things. She said there was no need to protein load like a typical bb diet expects and to modify the diet for competition involved basically cutting back on the carbs a little.

Would love to hear more!

no need to be negative Par..

sass..i have the book here.. but i cant write out the whole thing.. but ill take out a couple things i find interesting..if you want to know specific things just ask..
*o-types should stay away from grains/wheat and yeast products
*dairy is also not a good option
*thrive on physical exercise and animal protein
*increase iodine - helps increase thyroid regulation
*ketosis will a preferred way to lose weight for this blood type as fueling your body with grains is like putting the wrong type of petrol in your car - it does the opposite; instead of fuelling it clogs the engine.

There is heaps more..i recommend reading the book - unless you have a specific qu?

What book is this and what research did they conduct to come up with these findings?

tried and tested

i wouldnt recommend something without trying it myself. i have a very sensitive stomach..and until i changed certain foods in my diet i was constantly sore, bloated etc
the book is called
'eating for your blood type' by dr peter j. d'adamo.
now i hardly feel sick or bloated - only when i dont follow it do i get those problems.
it might seem restrictive at first, but if you have digestive/diet/health problems..its worth trying it

Avoiding wheat/yeast, dairy etc is a common recommendation for those with sore tummies/bloating/skin problems etc. This is because these are known to be common allergen/intolerance triggers in many people.

Could be a coincidence that you are of 'o' blood type.

What rez said is the same as I was told - idea being "O" blood type is the "original" blood type that evolved in homo sapien during the hunter / gatherer era, prior to agriculture. Less "domestic" food, more "wild" food - less grain, fruit, wheat is a no-no, as is oatmeal, dairy, more red meat protein (only a couple eggs / week). Also tend to be hypothyroid. No where is a load of protein required.

Type A and Type AB evolved later during the agriculture period and those types will do better with higher carbs including grains.

That's the $0.05 tour of it. I was also informed of other sort of Eastern ideas as well - to balance out how much "heat" and "cold" was running thru my body. For ex, I used to get "night sweats" (go to bed comfortable, wake up in the middle of the night sweating) - after changing my diet a little, including the juicing, added spirulina to my diet (and some other stuff I can't remember right now) I don't get night sweats any more. Also following a 1 week "detox" period (lots of juiced vegies, miso soup) I was able to eat certain foods and feel "where" they affected my chakras or something like that (e.g. eat jalapenos, get tingly upper arms, etc.) Sounded a little hokey, but seemed to work.

As with any other "diet" - I think there are parts that work and may actually be "true", even if the description makes it sound like old wives' tales or hocus pocus - its got to be based in some knowledge discovered over the years, even if the biochemical reason is not totally understood.

Also to say "it works" is relative - if you go from eating a diet of heavily processed foods, or even a clean diet, but with limited food types (e.g typical competition diet - chicken, steak, fish, protein mix, yams, brown rice, broccoli, spinach, egg whites, flax seed oil) to something that is clean and more varied, you will get some results. Also the part about cutting the simple carbs makes sense as well. And many people are wheat / gluten sensitive and dont' even realize it - they eat lots of wheat bread, etc. because the media tells us its "healthy". And what about cutting out diet Coke, etc? Duh.

Also "O" type is the most common, so these "rules" may appear to work more often.

I try to learn about all the different things I hear about and then study a little, try things and take out what makes sense and what works for me. Personally I think no "diet" is the be all and end all way to go just because its in a best seller. Even a diet that "works" needs to be varied a little to keep the body from getting "content". Change is good.

Top Bottom