Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I think I may have ADD/ADHD

Moderate_THIS

how do I approach a doctor about this? Do I even need to go to an MD or just to a shrink? Anyone else here been diagnosed with this, and what helps it?

doesn't shrink=MD - only a psychiatrist (MD MMD PhD) can prescribe meds.

Anyways, have you looked at the symptoms of typical ADD? If you feel some of them are applicable to you, and impede/interfere with your life - go to a spych and tell him/her.
If they prescribe you anything at all most likely going to be methylphenidates (some phenylethythamine - basically pharmaceutical MDMA), bupopropion, etc - something to stimulate AChE and AChEI, NA and uptake inhibition.
Bor don't self-administer though, can be quite addictive plus a whole array of side-effects, better cooperate with a doc. Despite the popular belief doc's aren't useless. And don't expect treatment immediately, it might not be necessary, or it might be something else completely :eek:

I always thought I had a personality disorder, but I saw an ADD questionaire and I scored high on every single one. I really don't want addictive meds, shit I have enough speed if I need it, but I don't want to take them for the rest of my life. do you know of any safe non-stimulants that help with focus and impulsive behavior?

juve didn't you mean Methamphetamine? Ritalin and Adderall are like weak speed, that makes you really concentrate. MDMA, although a stimulant, is not anywhere near what they prescribe for ADD/ADHD. Both Ritalin and Adderall are highly addictive if you used consistently for only a short time, and withdrawl from them is just like any other drug. They work, but I would not take these on a regular basis. I have serious problems concentrating, especially when trying to study and retain information, and I occasionally take adderall for these situations, but I do not take it on a regular basis, and never would.

Bro,

I have ADHD..... It can be very similar to many personality disorders, and social anxiety disorders. I take Focalin D from Novartis. It really helps. Don't worry bro...Its not the end of the world for you.

True, I meant meth (to be correct), but meth is from the same family of drugs/compounds: 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine=MDMA - meth is parent compound and much stronger, mainly due to serotonergic effect that MDMA lacks to a considerable degree.

In any case, stop giving advice on drugs to him - don't open his eyes to potential measures before he sees the doctor :eek:

CM - I agree with juve and dr0832 here. Go to a psychiatrist - they are the MDs who specialize in this. Take the questionnaire in, and have a chat with him/her first.

And Oxandrin is right - it's not the end of the world, in fact, things get alot better once you get a handle on things. There are some new drugs out there that are alot easier on the system than the speedy ones. I understand fully about those - I have been on ritalin/adderall since I was a kid. Not alot of fun, but they work. The new ones supposedly are less addictive - I don't know for sure, as I haven't tried them.

Biter said:
The new ones supposedly are less addictive - I don't know for sure, as I haven't tried them.

eli lilly makes on called "straterra"......its a norepinepherine uptake inhibitor......shit = high bp, no sleep, and does not work as well as stimulants

can you buy adderall online? I got same shit, I can never concentrate for more than maybe few minutes when tryin to do so home work or anythn like that

Top Bottom