Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

i hate making decisions

i also obsess over things i've done and said and worry that i did the right thing.

like today....

a guy i work with- he is neither above or below me in the chain of command, and he is a bit of a goofball (as am I), came to my office and said (for some totally unknown reason): "can you get me a can of compressed air?"

so. i said, "yeah. can you get me a tampon?"

because he's always friggin' asking me for office supplies because he knows i love them and have a lot. but wtf, do i look like the keeper of canned air?

then i worried about how inapropriate it was for me to say 'tampon'.

today i had to decide if our entire building is allowed to wear open toed shoes.

silly decision, but one that i AGONIZED over because everyone wants me to say yes, but what if something happens one day and a bunch of lawyers are sitting around with an employee without any toes at a deposition and they say "who told you that you could wear those flip flops????"

"stilleto".

and we que in ominous music and me making the "uh oh" face.

Respect your decisions, you make a few wrong ones but at least you make them. Many people go around without making any decisions and wonder how they can't get ahead in life.
some may be stupid and anal but at least you decided and until your told your wrong then you are not.

stilleto said:
well yeah. a little.
not like, the kind that you would refuse to work for because i'm so nuts, but the kind that would go in and quietly fix what you did and never say a word..
HAHHAHAHA

i do the same thing

stilleto said:
i don't know if i don't care enough, if i'm unsure of my abilities to choose correctly, or if i worry too much about making mistakes.

I had to make important decisions all day in work today and it was totally exhausting. some were little ("what shipper should we use?", "how many outlets do we need at the tradeshow?" "should we order this in red or blue?") and others were bigger. I came home totally wound up and wanting a beer and dinner, and then had to choose the restaurant to go to... i thought i'd cry at the thought of having to make one more decision.

Is anyone else like that?
if y'all say no, i'll be pissed.
no...sorry. :whatever:

if ur making decisions - ask another decision

'are you the right person to be making these decisions???'

some decisions i leave to the experts.

r

stilleto said:
i also obsess over things i've done and said and worry that i did the right thing.

like today....

a guy i work with- he is neither above or below me in the chain of command, and he is a bit of a goofball (as am I), came to my office and said (for some totally unknown reason): "can you get me a can of compressed air?"

so. i said, "yeah. can you get me a tampon?"

because he's always friggin' asking me for office supplies because he knows i love them and have a lot. but wtf, do i look like the keeper of canned air?

then i worried about how inapropriate it was for me to say 'tampon'.
hehehehehe...I never knew you were this neurotic.

Razorguns said:
if ur making decisions - ask another decision

'are you the right person to be making these decisions???'

some decisions i leave to the experts.

r

i was left in charge for a bit. if i pass that on to someone else, i would suck at my job.
i think i did ok, but its so stressful.

Top Bottom