Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I can't do wide grip pull-ups

To Aurelius

I was actually attempting to be sarcastic in my reply there, bud. It is physiologically impossible to pick and choose which part of the muscle fibers you want to activate during an exercise. Where did you hear that wide grip pullups activate only the edge of lat muscle fibers? Just wondering...

Jotun

jotun79 I was actually attempting to be sarcastic in my reply there, bud. It is physiologically impossible to pick and choose which part of the muscle fibers you want to activate during an exercise. Where did you hear that wide grip pullups activate only the edge of lat muscle fibers? Just wondering...

I choose to work my biceps with curls, not squats. Am I not choosing?

My source? Colgan´s The New Power Program.

Just a note. A majority of pull-up bars are designed entirely wrong from an anatomic positon. They typically have that angled bend at the ends of the bar which puts your shoulders into a compromising position, and as previously said, doesn't activate your lat fully. Use a slightly more than shoulder-width grip and work yourself up to doing 6 reps. Once you can do 6 unaided reps... add weight.

wait a fucking second when i do pull ups i go as wide as the bar goes, sometimes i use a totally straight bar and sometimes i use the one that kinks downward on the side.. WTF i want to work out my entire lat so should i do em as wide as possible (which gives me the must trouble.. i can do about 8 or so first set where as realyl closer i can do way way more). WHICH WAY SHOULD I DO EM!!!

My research tells me that going extra wide (the bent portion of some bars) does not activate fully the lat. The line of pull is placed directly in line with the fibers of the outer portion of the muscle only. Also, remember that the fibers of the lat don´t all run in one direction (like the rectus abdominus). Rather, they fan out across the back. Get an anatomy book if you want. Hard to explain.

Palms up grip? Do you mean pronated grip, with your hands facing you? If so, that is meant to stimulate the biceps more than the lats.

Top Bottom