Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I am so lost.

Will2BLean

About a month and a half ago, I started a new job, had to quit my gym membership, move, and all sorts of crap. Finally, I'm settled back down, everything is unpacked, and I'm use to my new schedule.. sort of. I also finally got around to getting another gym membership yesterday (YIPEE!!!!). Anyways, I will only be able to get to the gym 3 days a week. Going before work isn't an option, because the don't open early enough for me to go before work. :( Also, my lunch time alternates every other day between either 11:00-12:00 and 12:00-1:00. By lunchtime I am famished, and by the time I get home at 6:00, I am starved again. I end up eating TONS. I don't really know what to do. Should I bring a protein bar or something to snack on in between meals? Also, what are your thoughts on working legs one day, three body parts the next time I work out, then two body parts the last day I work out? I'm so use to being able to eat any time I want, and not having a demanding work schedule to workout around. I would love some suggestions.

For the 3 days/week training, you migh take a look at the Body for Life book by Bill Phillips - its an excellent program w/ he essentials of diet & training and I believe it fits into your schedule. As far as diet, listen, I carry my entire day's meals in a cooler everywhere, so no excuses for being starved & then junking when you get home.

Take a look at the "Are you new to EF Ladies' Board - START HERE" thread and also the "Best Threads" sticky at the top and you will find lots of your answers there.

Congrats on getting your life settled again - I know all about upheaval and its sux! The secret for me has been geting a set & reliable routine and then I can accomplish what I need.

Thanks for the suggestion on the book! I will definitely check it out. I'm always looking for new reading material.

As for my meals, I do carry a cooler with me, but we aren't allowed to eat while we are working. They don't mind me munching on little things like peanuts or protein bars, so I will probably just have to pack more things like that. :)

It takes a bit to figure out what works, protein mix is also an option. Get one that mixes up easily w/ water (not need a blender). That's better than getting into the protein bars all the time because they have funky fillers & stuff. Also you should peruse some of the recipes on the Recipe Thread. You can make "protein pancakes", protein pudding, and all sorts of stuff that can be thrown in a baggie or something. :)

I am glad to hear things are settling down for you. Don't you just wish you could workout and diet for a living!? At any rate, I leave the house in the morning and have to pack all of my food for the day. I usually take a protein bar for one of my snacks and a shake for the other. I also usually carry a piece of fruit or some cut up veggies. Sometimes I also take a small container of cottage cheese with fruit. It sounds like you get a break for lunch so you can pack a nice meal for that time. As for the three day split, I prefer four days. Some weeks I have to do a three day split. I prefer: Day 1- Chest/Tris, Day 2- Back/Bis, Day 3- Legs/Shoulders. If you prefer to keep your leg day as legs only I know some people do Chest, Shoulders, Tris together. I usually feel too beat to do three muscle groups in the same day.

Top Bottom