Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hypothyroid

Hi
I am takeing 200mcg SYNTHROID + 12,5mcg CYTOMEL in the morning 6 AM and than 25mcg CYTOMEL around 1PM than 12,5 around 6 PM.

SO
200mcg synthroid
50mcg CYTOMEL

And I feel good. My tsh is VERY VERY low 0.018
my T4 10.4 normal range 6.09-12.23
T4 free 1.85 norma 0.58-1.64
T3 free 3.49 norma 2.39-6.79
T3 Upt 40.8 norma 32-48.4

you can see even if I am takeing high dosage my test is almost normal.
but I have still problem lose some weight!!!

sasa said:
Hi
I am takeing 200mcg SYNTHROID + 12,5mcg CYTOMEL in the morning 6 AM and than 25mcg CYTOMEL around 1PM than 12,5 around 6 PM.

SO
200mcg synthroid
50mcg CYTOMEL

And I feel good. My tsh is VERY VERY low 0.018
my T4 10.4 normal range 6.09-12.23
T4 free 1.85 norma 0.58-1.64
T3 free 3.49 norma 2.39-6.79
T3 Upt 40.8 norma 32-48.4

you can see even if I am takeing high dosage my test is almost normal.
but I have still problem lose some weight!!!

Take your Synthroid at night, not in the AM. Taking it in the morning is easy because you remember to do it, but taking it at night will produce better results.

Hmmm gonna try it, it will be even better for me. What about CYTOMEL???? it doesn't matter when I am takeing it...is better to split it during the day??

SwEEtLiKEcAndY said:
Yep, I have been on the same amount since I was 10, been on synthroid period since I was 5 or 6. My thyroid is completely inactive. When I was 1st diagnosed I was only in primary school, but I was obese, and I had the cholesterol of an obese 50 year old man. My endo actually takes my labs and stuff to conventions pretty often. I have labs done monthly and (as long as I take my meds EXACTLY right) I have no problems.

I wasn't doubting you - just amazed at the amounts. But that makes sense if your thyroid is totally not working.

sasa said:
Hmmm gonna try it, it will be even better for me. What about CYTOMEL???? it doesn't matter when I am takeing it...is better to split it during the day??

I don't know about Cytomel, but I know you should take your Synthroid at night (according to studies). I'd assume it's the same deal.

No worries. Check out my Blog if you want more updates like that...

O no, I didn't think you were. Just explaining why it was so high. Most of my family takes a low dose, I know it's unusually to have to take so much.

Daisy_Girl said:
I wasn't doubting you - just amazed at the amounts. But that makes sense if your thyroid is totally not working.

Anthony Roberts said:
I don't know about Cytomel, but I know you should take your Synthroid at night (according to studies). I'd assume it's the same deal.

Why? I always take mine at night anyway, becasue it is easier for me to remember, just curious as to the reasons why it is better.

Top Bottom