Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

humans and apes mating

biteme

MVP
EF VIP
Why is this not possible. If chimps and humans have 99% of the same genetic material. My sister has had several assignments in Africa and she said that she had a waiter whose head looked just like a gorillas.

there was this ape that was called oliver that was really similar to humans. i missed a TV show about him....but someone thought he may be the reuslt of a human-ape love session

IhateOsama said:

HE BANGED YOUR SISTER AND NOW SHE WALKS LIKE A BOWLEGGED CHIMP. I WONDER IF HE GAVE HER A MONEY SHOT?

Don't know if you're trying to be funny or if you're just another worthless prick?

I believe that geneticists think that a cross would be possible, but for ethical (and possibly legal) reasons, they won't mess with it.

Dude, chimps and humans can have offspring the problem is that the newborn is not going to be fertile and will most probably die before growing up.

It is like the sterile hybrid between a donkey and a horse: A mule.

I'm suprised that our esteemed creationists havent jumped al over this one........wheres BigBadBuff when you want to make somebody look like an ass??

Well, actually, although sex is possible (but not mentally or ethically healthy), cross-breeding is not for the same reason humans and farm animals (another popular topic of debate) cannot procreate. Apes have 24 pairs of chromosomes and humans have 23 pairs.

Another reason for the impossibility is that many chromosomes which would be similar are inverted (flipped backwards) between apes and humans (see region p14.I to q14.I in chromosome 5 to see the reversal), and although individual chromosomal inversions do not eliminate the possibility of cross-species fertility, the nine known inversion points between chimpanzees and humans and the twelve inversion points between gorillas and humans makes it nearly impossible

It would be easier, and more likely for an ape to breed with a chimpanzee

And nearly impossible means just that … that yes, if you got a million humans and bred them to a million apes, one or two might result in a crossbreed, but its likely that the crossbreed will suffer the ravages of numerous other chromosomal anomalies that we are not aware of …..

And genetic manipulation could in theory fix all of this, but I have yet to see a reason to do it, but I'm sure someone eventually will try …. I mean, everything else has been tried (as I'm sure some horny person has already tried to mate with an ape somewhere on this planet), so is it possible?

Yes, but so is winning the lottery, would we want it? I don’t think so …. The thought of creating another “Frankenstein” isn’t a very sane one …

Top Bottom