Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

HRT questions, WTF?

I was getting 200mg 1 time a month..now up to 200mg twice a month and set to test again at the end of August..Doc put me on androgel first..didnt do much..so he went to the good stuff...test cyp..but he is just general practitioner...not endo...so it will be slow coming on what level he wants me to be at...but after my next test..if he keeps fooling around..I'll boost it myself with UG stuff or ask him to refer me to an endo...my insurance covers me pretty good..it was the same amount for 6 bottles as it was for three..

This is the main difference between HRT clinics/endos who know what they are doing and the ever careful doc who doesnt quite know what they are doing.

Just like in any profession if you have 1 hrt patient a year as a general practitioner you dont have a lot of practical experience to call upon. An HRT doc will look at your initial extensive labs, your current health (weight, height etc) and BAM come close to nailing what you need right out of the gate, none of this dabbling around with all the preamble BS.

I'm the poor soul getting 1x/every 3 weeks.

I think Zyg is correct in that my doc wants to help, but really doesn't know what he is doing. He's a urologist, so that should say something right there.

There's also a part of me that thinks the every 3 weeks has something to do with insurance. And/or he'd rather be able to charge for an office visit than to simply send me home with a vial and pins.

I'm going to work on my doc some more, but if I don't get anywhere, I'll be pursuing other avenues.

Thanks to everybody here for the information. Without it, I probably would have thought this is how it's supposed to go.

Your Doc means well...he just doesn't know what he means. Don't get hung up on the insurance deal...grab some UG Test Cyp and some pins and get busy. Otherwise you are just jerking off.

The way he has you going it's a wonder you haven't gone friggin nuts already with the yo yo effect.

Don't push him too hard...be dumb like a fox.:mix:

Your Doc means well...he just doesn't know what he means. Don't get hung up on the insurance deal...grab some UG Test Cyp and some pins and get busy. Otherwise you are just jerking off.

The way he has you going it's a wonder you haven't gone friggin nuts already with the yo yo effect.

Don't push him too hard...be dumb like a fox.:mix:

Ok, here's a quick update.

I talked to my doc this week. I asked him about more frequent injections and his concerns were:
1. Will insurance cover it?
2. Are you willing to come in more often?

So, since the obvious answer to #2 was yes since I was asking about it, I'm quite concerned with his insurance issue. Also, since he wants me to come in, means, he's not willing to send me home and self pin.

I'm starting the process of looking elsewhere.

Tell him your insurance wont cover the extra office visits because they are not necessary but they obviously cover the script so that leaves one option, you pin yourself. Its not like you are wanting any more, just what your getting spread out more frequent. Insurance is such BS.

I've spoken with several doctors about TRT.

My dermatologist likes to see his patients at 1500 on a reference interval of 280-800.

My dad's general doctor likes to see his patients at between 800-1000 on a reference interval of 280-800.

Docs seem to have different theories regarding where test levels should be.

Last edited:

My dermatologist likes to see his patients at 1500 on a reference interval of 280-800.

My dad's general doctor likes to see his patients at between 800-1000 on a reference interval of 280-800.

The whole medical profession(99%) are in the stone age regarding test.

@ hayjay7.....tell your fucking doc to give you the goddamn pin and watch you do it so he can see your not a fucktard.

One thing is important to remember, treatment andropause is based on quality of life. So if getting your test above 1k makes you feel good, gets rid of depression etc and all other labs are healthy then the addition of the test is not causing any more harm than the plethora of possible sides listed for any other prescription med.

One thing is important to remember, treatment andropause is based on quality of life. So if getting your test above 1k makes you feel good, gets rid of depression etc and all other labs are healthy then the addition of the test is not causing any more harm than the plethora of possible sides listed for any other prescription med.

Exactly.....

Here take this medication for your (insert problem here) - Somethingitis. Oh, side effects....nothing much except possibly stroke, blood clots, Kidney failure, liver carcinoma, getting the shits, and little garden gnomes living in your ass.

They will perscribe that shit at the drop of a hat. Literally. But they completely freak out about the effects of 100mg of test wk.

dermatoligist talking T levels? out of total curiosity what the heck??

200mg Test Cyp 10cc from a retail pharmacy is about $49-69 depending on what plan you have with them...its CHEAP....I about shit since the first clinic I went to sold it from their in house pharmacy for like $250, when I switched doctors and picked it up at the pharmacy I was like DANG cheap...

Also for those of you who do have "bad" labs and all the symptoms, but strugglign to find a doctor that knows what the hell they are doing..there are clinics you can fax your labwork, then see a doctor in your area for a one time visit, then get scripts for a year of T, GH, Arimidex, and possibly var, deca, winnny.....yes if you look long and hard enough you can find totally legit clinics that you would only need ti see once a year or see a dcotor near you...prices will be much higher than you getting a script on your own FYI

Yes if you got a legit doc offering you a script or wanting to sell you in house HRT from their pharmacy, take the scripts and go to a retail pharmacy it will be much cheaper!

dermatoligist talking T levels? out of total curiosity what the heck??

200mg Test Cyp 10cc from a retail pharmacy is about $49-69 depending on what plan you have with them...its CHEAP....I about shit since the first clinic I went to sold it from their in house pharmacy for like $250, when I switched doctors and picked it up at the pharmacy I was like DANG cheap...

Also for those of you who do have "bad" labs and all the symptoms, but strugglign to find a doctor that knows what the hell they are doing..there are clinics you can fax your labwork, then see a doctor in your area for a one time visit, then get scripts for a year of T, GH, Arimidex, and possibly var, deca, winnny.....yes if you look long and hard enough you can find totally legit clinics that you would only need ti see once a year or see a dcotor near you...prices will be much higher than you getting a script on your own FYI

Yes if you got a legit doc offering you a script or wanting to sell you in house HRT from their pharmacy, take the scripts and go to a retail pharmacy it will be much cheaper!

It seems that where I live, every doctor is in this game :D

It's funny how this came up. I went to the dermatologist once to review some lab work regarding my skin.

Somehow, the dermatologist had also received the results of my TRT blood-work.

He opens up the results, starts reading them, and the first thing he says is: "You're testosterone is low"!

Top Bottom