Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

HRT questions, WTF?

burnthiscorpse

Plat Hero
Platinum
I'm not on, nor am I seeking to be on HRT at this point in my life (34) Unless at some point I need it sooner than ezpected.

I have 2 questions actually though:

1) I see alot of different TRT doses even from guys that arent self medicated. But is it really that drastic? Like If I require 125 mg wk of test E to keep me in the higher percentile of "normal" can joe schmoe really need 250 wk to get the same results? Obviously my body is going to react different than someone elses but half the dose for this guy, double for that guy, almost 3 times amout for the next guy?

2) For TRT, This makes me angry...If there is another reason for this then someone please fill me in. Some doc gives a guy 200mg test E every 2 weeks. I have also seen a case where a guy was getting 300mg every 3 weeks. Even every 10 days. WTF!!?? Isnt constantly fluctuating test levels BAD? Test E every 2 weeks? Your T levels would be like a yo yo. Why do these docs seem to not take this into consideration? Or am I missing something?

I'm not on, nor am I seeking to be on HRT at this point in my life (34) Unless at some point I need it sooner than ezpected.

I have 2 questions actually though:

1) I see alot of different TRT doses even from guys that arent self medicated. But is it really that drastic? Like If I require 125 mg wk of test E to keep me in the higher percentile of "normal" can joe schmoe really need 250 wk to get the same results? Obviously my body is going to react different than someone elses but half the dose for this guy, double for that guy, almost 3 times amout for the next guy?
Here is my take on it. There are a lot of differences in what a doc/lab thinks is normal. For example just search the web for normal range of serum test, the top end is all over the place from 800 to 1300.

A guy who is 6'3" 250 will likely need more than a guy who is 5'5" 150lbs also.

But at the end of the day I think one of the big differences is the lower doses usually come from docs who do not specialize in HRT. They are unsure how to deal with sides should the arise and they want to get by with the minimum.

2) For TRT, This makes me angry...If there is another reason for this then someone please fill me in. Some doc gives a guy 200mg test E every 2 weeks. I have also seen a case where a guy was getting 300mg every 3 weeks. Even every 10 days. WTF!!?? Isnt constantly fluctuating test levels BAD? Test E every 2 weeks? Your T levels would be like a yo yo. Why do these docs seem to not take this into consideration? Or am I missing something?

Yes, the test rollercoatser, as I had claimed on another thread for the poor guy getting an injection 1x every 3 weeks is worse than not getting an injection at all. Once again, these kinds of dosing schemes are generally recommended by general practitioners or docs who want to help but really dont know what they are doing.

Here is my take on it. There are a lot of differences in what a doc/lab thinks is normal. For example just search the web for normal range of serum test, the top end is all over the place from 800 to 1300.

A guy who is 6'3" 250 will likely need more than a guy who is 5'5" 150lbs also.

But at the end of the day I think one of the big differences is the lower doses usually come from docs who do not specialize in HRT. They are unsure how to deal with sides should the arise and they want to get by with the minimum.

Yes, the test rollercoatser, as I had claimed on another thread for the poor guy getting an injection 1x every 3 weeks is worse than not getting an injection at all. Once again, these kinds of dosing schemes are generally recommended by general practitioners or docs who want to help but really dont know what they are doing.

I think your assessment is spot on Zyg.

Serum Testosterone ranges vary based on the individuals age.
For example a man that is 40 has a range of 280 - 800.
A man that is 63 has a range of 280 - 1100.

So that may explain why you see varying top ends.

Agreed - the size of the person and how well their system utilizes the test that is injected is going to play a role in how quickly the test serum level goes back up.

Unfortunately I think you are right about "docs who want to help but really dont know what they are doing." too.

If you are 30 or older, go to an HRT clinic - this is their specialty.

when my natural test stops being satisfactory then I will certainly seek HRT. I used a HRT clinic in fla. as a matter of fact when I was in my early 20's just to get test to cycle with. But this time I would have my doc (who is awsome) send me to an endocrinologist. If they suggest things like andro gel or whatever then I will go to another one. I also will not tolerate anything other than 1x wk injections. If i need to pin myself in front of the guy I will. But I am NOT driving 30-40 min 1x wk so some shit bag can JAM a needle in my glute and not aspirate and plunge it way to fast.
If I have to pay for the test myself then thats fine. But I'm not going to pay ridiculous HRT clinic prices. Most of us know how much a 10ml vial of test is. Its all within +/- $5 for UG. For pharm HRT test, sure, with a script...I could see $100 but no more.

If I have to pay for the test myself then thats fine. But I'm not going to pay ridiculous HRT clinic prices. Most of us know how much a 10ml vial of test is. Its all within +/- $5 for UG. For pharm HRT test, sure, with a script...I could see $100 but no more.

There is something to be said for having human grad test and I will admit its a bit more that $100 for 10 ml jug of 200mg/ml but aside from that and a few hundred for a very extensive blood test there are no other costs. Doesnt get much easier than that.

There is something to be said for having human grade test and I will admit its a bit more that $100 for 10 ml jug of 200mg/ml but aside from that and a few hundred for a very extensive blood test there are no other costs. Doesnt get much easier than that.

Here my perspective based on my Dr's. input at the U of Michigan Hospital, what I've read here, and my own experience. My Dr is Anti-Aging and monitors my entire HRT program including exercise, diet, recovery, sups and drugs with exams and extensive blood testing.
HRT for me is:
100 mg per week of test, either bio-ident topical or injections. Any test works on me.
1 iu of HGH eod
0.25mg a-dex twice a week
Some whey, cre, muti-vit
Lots of protein and low sugar/starches
Push/Pull routine
8-9 hours rest per day
This puts me at the best of each tested range at 67 years young.
Started about 6 years ago when I was really slowing down.

For cycles I have tried many stacks and have settled into just 250 mg test twice a week,
1 iu HGH eod
0.5 a-dex twice a week
Lots of sups and food
Lots of sleep ... 10 hours.
And I get all the sides including agression.
But I get 250 at 6' BIG and scare people. LOL

I'm the poor soul getting 1x/every 3 weeks.

I think Zyg is correct in that my doc wants to help, but really doesn't know what he is doing. He's a urologist, so that should say something right there.

There's also a part of me that thinks the every 3 weeks has something to do with insurance. And/or he'd rather be able to charge for an office visit than to simply send me home with a vial and pins.

I'm going to work on my doc some more, but if I don't get anywhere, I'll be pursuing other avenues.

Thanks to everybody here for the information. Without it, I probably would have thought this is how it's supposed to go.

I'm the poor soul getting 1x/every 3 weeks.

I think Zyg is correct in that my doc wants to help, but really doesn't know what he is doing. He's a urologist, so that should say something right there.

There's also a part of me that thinks the every 3 weeks has something to do with insurance. And/or he'd rather be able to charge for an office visit than to simply send me home with a vial and pins.

I'm going to work on my doc some more, but if I don't get anywhere, I'll be pursuing other avenues.

Thanks to everybody here for the information. Without it, I probably would have thought this is how it's supposed to go.

Bro, either get some more test and hit yourself once a week or go see an endocrinologist, or find a hrt doc. As Zyg said, once every 3 weeks is just as bad as low levels and no pins at all. Screw your doc that you currently have.

I was getting 200mg 1 time a month..now up to 200mg twice a month and set to test again at the end of August..Doc put me on androgel first..didnt do much..so he went to the good stuff...test cyp..but he is just general practitioner...not endo...so it will be slow coming on what level he wants me to be at...but after my next test..if he keeps fooling around..I'll boost it myself with UG stuff or ask him to refer me to an endo...my insurance covers me pretty good..it was the same amount for 6 bottles as it was for three..

Top Bottom