Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How to get 300 grams of protein???

1longdong

Broskies, give me some ideas on what to each thoughout the day to get in 300 grams of protein for adding lean muscle mass. I can't eat a meal at 10:00 and 3:00 each day because of work. But I need some ideas on what to eat to get the protein I need. I'm doing shakes in the morning, oatmeal, eags, lots of chicken. But I'm only usually able to get in about 220 or so.

Any thoughts?

Adding a 25g protein shake first thing in the morning and a 50g post-workout shake will up the protein very easily. Other than that, eat chicken and tilapia!

220g is likely sufficient for lean muscle mass gains. I wouldn't worry too much if you're eating at this level already. Diminishing returns and all that.

Can you not add in additional shakes during your work day? I drink a bottle of water every morning, fill it with 2 scoops of whey and a tablespoon of cocoa, and store in my work's fridge until needed... Just add hot water and go. Then I just throw the bottle out at the end of my work day.

300g isnt that hard imo... 6 meals with 50g or 5 meals with 60g...

use milk if your a hardgainer

it gets hard when you need 400g of protein or more i dont know how i would fit that much in lol

220g is likely sufficient for lean muscle mass gains. I wouldn't worry too much if you're eating at this level already. Diminishing returns and all that.

Can you not add in additional shakes during your work day? I drink a bottle of water every morning, fill it with 2 scoops of whey and a tablespoon of cocoa, and store in my work's fridge until needed... Just add hot water and go. Then I just throw the bottle out at the end of my work day.

220 g won't be enough to experience gains. You need around 1.5 - 2g of protein per lb of weight to gain consistently so depending on his weight that should be the number he's shooting for. Like EM said, add some protein shakes between meals and mix with milk if you're still not meeting your protein requirements.

Like what extramile said 6 meals a day 50 grms protein per meal. Easy

Two of those "meals" can be protein shakes with added banana or eggs to reach 50 grams.

Other meals can be chicken, fish, turkey, steak. Add in some cottage cheese, nuts, beans to up the protein content of the meal

Top Bottom