Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How strong....

Everybody has different androgen levels in their body, who cares if somebody wishes to raise it. Or has in the past for that matter. If you take steroids to get above a certain level once you stop taking it your body doesn't compensate and start making test at that new level, it drops down to the natural level. Accessorizing doesn't cause permanant changes unless one keeps doing so.

dood said:

I think most people say he took steroids.

this was before steroids were used for athletic purposes

that guy ate a lot and trained his ass off

louden_swain said:

Here are a few athletes who are drug free and are competing athe national level:

Spatts - Female - 198lbs - 335lb bench - 440lb dead - 425lb squat
B Fold - Male - 290lbs - 440lb bench - 702lb dead - 800lb squat
Bigguns - Female - 148lbs - 235lb bench - 435lb dead - 425lb squat

lol

louden, check the post that is 5 above yours. i think 1 out of the 3 on your list is not juiced

jeremys said:
paul anderson, mid-1900's:

bench: 625
squat: 1200
deadlift: over 1000 w/ hooks, about 800 w/o

these lifts never passed in competition because he wasn't allowed to compete. i dont remember why but it was something scandalous.

IMO, the strongest person to ever live, and natural

There was nowhere to compete. Powerlifting did not really exist as a sport at that time, Jeremy. Kind of like if you are really good at balancing tables on your forhead right now. You could be really good at it, but would be a little tough to compete, since there are no arranged competitions.

And the deadlift you list is a bit high. His numbers as I have seen them on a site dedicated to the old time strongmen and powerlifters were something in the 700's without hooks and in the 800's with hooks.

And lets not forget about his backlift of over 6,000 lbs. I do not disagree with your assessment that he was maybe the strongest man who ever lived. I might also put Kazmaier up there as well.

B.

You people are forgetting something. Everyone is quoting old time strongmen, Saxon, Paul Anderson, whatever. Those guys were genetic freaks. Anyone disagrees?

The question asked how strong can a regular, normal person, who exercises and eats right. And BTW Why are the people who have used steroids here are the most sensitive and think people are taking away their accomplishments?

benchmonster said:

There was nowhere to compete. Powerlifting did not really exist as a sport at that time, Jeremy. Kind of like if you are really good at balancing tables on your forhead right now. You could be really good at it, but would be a little tough to compete, since there are no arranged competitions.

And the deadlift you list is a bit high. His numbers as I have seen them on a site dedicated to the old time strongmen and powerlifters were something in the 700's without hooks and in the 800's with hooks.

And lets not forget about his backlift of over 6,000 lbs. I do not disagree with your assessment that he was maybe the strongest man who ever lived. I might also put Kazmaier up there as well.

B.

i understand about the competition back then now

i have seen different numbers stated for his deadlifts. your numbers are probably closer. i just listed what i found on some site a couple days ago

revex, i disagree. they were almost the only guys back then to do that kind of stuff. with the much larger number of competitors, you'd think you'd see more 'genetic freaks'

i think they just worked their asses off. i read that paul ate a couple pounds of beef a day and squatted all day on the days he wasn't training presses, taking rest breaks periodically of course

benchmonster said:
Jeff, what your max is matters a lot. What you look like doesn't mean shit when it gets right down to it. You can look as pretty as they come, but when it gets down to nut cutting, if you ain't stout, and if you ain't got some wind, you won't stick around long.

Go piss off some collegiate wrestler who wants to tie you up into a pretzel, and then tell me how important it is to look good, vs. be strong and in good condition.

Your point about being injury free, I could not agree more, on that one.

B.

most guys who train for strength do not do any type of endurance training becuase they feel it will hinder there gains. am i right?

i wouldnt fuck with a collegiate wrestler anyways. I only box for fun sometimes spar and sometimes go at it in the ring or outside with the fellas but with gloves of course.

i noticed that the "strength only" athletes far out match the people that just want to look good.

i just like lookin gewd.

we are all different, you strength athletes need to just accept that some people lift for looks and stop hatin on us :)

jeff the lady backbreaker said:

most guys who train for strength do not do any type of endurance training becuase they feel it will hinder there gains. am i right?

this may be true with the weekend warriors that claim they're powerlifters.

sled dragging, tire flipping, sprinting, etc are all great forms of GPP. yes, we do care about endurace, just a different kind of endurance; under heavy loads of weight

jeremys said:

this may be true with the weekend warriors that claim they're powerlifters.

sled dragging, tire flipping, sprinting, etc are all great forms of GPP. yes, we do care about endurace, just a different kind of endurance; under heavy loads of weight

i do these kinds of odd lifting aswell. but i still lift for looks

Top Bottom