Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How Much Would YOU Spend on a Piece of Exercise Equipment

I'd like to send my tech out there to retrieve the mileage on said models. The great thing about the typical owners of the Welso's and ProForm's is the fact that they buy a piece of equipment that gets used for the first 3 months, then sits untouched for 9 years, then they talk about how it's 10 years old and going strong. el oh el

PS- Perry Ferrell SUCKS!

Firstly, your momma sucks more.

I can estimate I guess. Parents have theirs since Christmas '07. Moms started daily, but has kept going 3-4x weekly for probably 18 months, 45 minute workouts. Dad maybe 2x weekly on average. I know mom does 5mph. Can't say about dad. Between the two of them, their's get's used nearly an hour a day on average. Have had mine since April. I do 5mph too every other day 40 minutes, husband slow jogs daily for 45 minutes at 4mph.

Very few home use treadmills are designed to stand up to that frequency of use for good reason. How many people have you ever sold a treadmill to where you think that unit is really going to get used 4 hours a day for any length of time? 1 in 50 maybe?

More than you think, especially when the household is occupied by 2+ people.

Without trying to purposely rub you wrong anymore I'll give a basic breakdown on home treads:

Entry Level- <$1,000

Decent to Good Quality- $1,000-$2,500

High Quality- $3,000-$5,000

Elite- $5,000-$15,000

Of course this doesn't factor in discounts, floor model sales, etc.

Dude please, that's akin to saying "a good car should be able to go 300k miles w/o needing an engine rebuild".
Well, doesn't it? :confused: Our minivan has somewhere between (not sure, would have to check odometer) 235,000 and 250,000 miles on it and the minivan has original and unrebuilt:
1. Engine.
2. Transmission.
3. Exhaust system.

Although the car is getting cranky in its old age, it stalls in dry weather and occasionally the tranny slips a little. I made a deal with the van, I told her she can have a new transmission in the spring if she just holds on through the winter.

Since I workout exclusively at home, I've bought a couple of big ticket items. The cardio stuff has always been priciest, the elliptical being the most expensive, but still under $1,000 (I bought all that stuff as end of season clearance and it's good quality stuff, my elliptical is still going strong after six years, it was actually a discontinued model). Of course, my husband uses NONE of it.

So I saw this thing on The Doctors yesterday, only caught part of it. 4 minute workout, they say, uses some ridiculous amount of muscles. I thought, shit, I can get hubs to do that. Hell, it'll be fun to throw in something different for myself. Went looking for the website. $14,600. Nope, sorry, can't justify that.

ROM - The Four Minute CrossTrainer

I think they are talking about a "Tabata"

You do not need a $14,000 piece of equipment to get the same results.

You can use any piece of equipment, but front squats and DB thrusters are probably your best bet. A rower would work good too. 20 seconds nonstop work followed by 10 seconds rest for 4 minutes straight.

I did Tabata Front Squats once with 65 pounds once and I nearly died. Seriously. I can front squat 315 for a triple. This shit is no joke.

I'd love a Concept2 rower.

Top Bottom