Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How Much Would YOU Spend on a Piece of Exercise Equipment

musclemom

I Told You So ...
EF VIP
Since I workout exclusively at home, I've bought a couple of big ticket items. The cardio stuff has always been priciest, the elliptical being the most expensive, but still under $1,000 (I bought all that stuff as end of season clearance and it's good quality stuff, my elliptical is still going strong after six years, it was actually a discontinued model). Of course, my husband uses NONE of it.

So I saw this thing on The Doctors yesterday, only caught part of it. 4 minute workout, they say, uses some ridiculous amount of muscles. I thought, shit, I can get hubs to do that. Hell, it'll be fun to throw in something different for myself. Went looking for the website. $14,600. Nope, sorry, can't justify that.

ROM - The Four Minute CrossTrainer

The most I spend for something to exercise on?

The cost of dinner. But only if it is 2-for-1. Then I will work out on his face later.

Puddles will confirm this, but if you are spending under $3-4k, you are going to be dissapointed in the equipment.

A good treadmill, expect to spend over $10k. I am talking about one you will use regularly. You can spend a lot less but in one months time, it will just become something you hang clothes on.

Given that I run outside and have switched to body weight workouts, I don't spend alot anymore.

A good treadmill, expect to spend over $10k.

What!? No.

You can get a very good NordicTrack that will stand up to frequent use for years for 2k.

Now if you want one that will stand up to several hours use every day, often from fat bastards, yes that's a 10k unit.

What!? No.

You can get a very good NordicTrack that will stand up to frequent use for years for 2k.

Now if you want one that will stand up to several hours use every day, often from fat bastards, yes that's a 10k unit.

I love you RW but a $2k NordicTrack is garbage. I really don't get treadmills anyway, shoes are $80 and the road is free.

So I saw this thing on The Doctors yesterday, only caught part of it. 4 minute workout, they say, uses some ridiculous amount of muscles. I thought, shit, I can get hubs to do that. Hell, it'll be fun to throw in something different for myself. Went looking for the website. $14,600. Nope, sorry, can't justify that.

I see that ad in airline magazines all the time. Thing looks like an Amsterdam gynecologist sex machine.

I wonder if there is a youtube video of someone actually using it.

Meh, waste of money. If you husband wants shorter workouts he should look into Fitness programs - Sprint cardio exercise from Ready Set Go Fitness. 20 minutes workouts that actually work, and work even better for the... hhhmmmm, how to put this, more mature crowd.

Top Bottom