Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How Much Time Do You Spend Training

How Long Do You Train?

• Less than an hour

Votes: 39 45.9%
  • More than an hour

Votes: 41 48.2%

• Total voters
A little more than an hour but not much. Protein breaks down in one hour of a tense workout. If I have to go longer than an hour.....I'll have a supplement on hand.

My time varies on the group or groups and i always train with my training partner but anywhere from 1 to 2 hrs on weights. So far i have never done cardio although i keep telling myself to start, it just never happens.

I actually do two hours of training somedays. What I do is split the workout into two workouts two times a day. In between the workouts I like to take a nap for about an hour. Every morning I spend 45 - 60 minutes doing cardio. I feel this is very effective for me and each body part gets adequate training and rest between sets. Most of the guys at my gym are pretty hardcore so we don't BS very much.

I disagree with no cardio while bulking. That is just my opinion. As I mentioned in another post cardio has more effects than just fat-burning.

Ash345 said:
quote: "anything over 1 hour is a bad idea"

Why? You are going to have to provide some proof for a statement like that. I disagree 100% with that statement. Conveince me you are right! Please ( would love to only have to spend < 1 hr in the gym a day, and still get the kick ass results that I get with, 1-2 hour workouts daily!

Ash I assume that you do believe that it is possible to overtrain and if you do, how long would say a workout has to be before it is considered overtraining?
In trying to make my point I'll use the physiques of two very different athletes. The endurance athlete who works long and hard has the physique of a stick insect and the sprinter eg. Donovan Bailey, Ben Johnson or Maurice Greene who do short, explosive workouts and have the sort of physiques that the majority of people on this board are striving for!
You only have to look to Dorian Yates for a bodybuilding example, he took mass building to a new level and he did so using H.I.T. with only one working set per exercise!
Even the great Lee Haney said that the idea is to "stimulate not annihilate the muscle" because to do anything beyond that is counter-productive due to excess cortisol production and I know that these are exactly the reasons that we use A.S. but it is widely believed that you can enhance their benefits by working smarter not longer!
Later Bro!:fro:

Top Bottom