Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How much protein powder do you consume in one day?

NY Muscle said:
Because of my job I cannot eat many solid food meals, I usually eat a solid meal then shake then solid then shake, etc etc for 6-8 meals a day. i consume abuot 16-20 scoops a day of whey protein 22gms of protein per scoop, was wodnering if im the only nut who does this?

:confused:

Do you shit water?

##spiderbaby## said:
2 questions:

Have you been doing this long?
Is that you in your avatar?

##spiderbaby##

ive been doing this for a while but only started drinking this insane amount of shakes per day back in early december when i started this new job. and yes thats me in my avatar but i was only 205 in that pic im about 240 now.

i shit a MINIMUM of 3 times per day..i tell you when i 1st started i was on the bowl literaly 10 times a day....fucking liquid shits lol

i dont eat many carbs.

MrMuscle said:

tell me more

8 meals a day, where i get my protein from following sources:

2 meals ----> Steak
2 meals ----> Eggs
1 meal ----> Tuna
3 meals ----> Protein Powder

i get a total of around 270g of protein a day..im 220 pounds

Ok - the protein powder (I'm assuming whey) dumps out of the syatem very quickly. Animal proteins such as Steak and eggs(although not to the same degree) take much longer to fully digets. I would hazard to say that it would take 3-4 hours for the steak and almost as long for the eggs.

SO - You might be wasting some of the protein due to digestive difficulty.

so 2 hours times three protein drinks equals 6 hours.

3 hours times 5 "meat" meals equals 15 hours.

THis means theoretically you would have to be eating 21 hours a day to get the best digestion possible.

NY Muscle said:
i shit a MINIMUM of 3 times per day..i tell you when i 1st started i was on the bowl literaly 10 times a day....fucking liquid shits lol

i dont eat many carbs.

That sounds about right. When i eat mostly shakes for the day my stomach can not handle it for like the first 3 weeks or so but then it gets used to it and then if i go back to more solid foods my GI gets all F'd up again.

My job has it so i have to prepare all of my meals ahead of time or i don't eat. So i have:

Protein bar
Shake
2Chicken breasts
Shake
Tuna
Chicken

NY Muscle said:

i dont eat many carbs.

You should add in some carbs at the sacrifice of some protein. THe body will convert excess protein to carbs as need by glucogenesis anyway.

Cornholio said:
Ok - the protein powder (I'm assuming whey) dumps out of the syatem very quickly. Animal proteins such as Steak and eggs(although not to the same degree) take much longer to fully digets. I would hazard to say that it would take 3-4 hours for the steak and almost as long for the eggs.

SO - You might be wasting some of the protein due to digestive difficulty.

so 2 hours times three protein drinks equals 6 hours.

3 hours times 5 "meat" meals equals 15 hours.

THis means theoretically you would have to be eating 21 hours a day to get the best digestion possible.

hmm..well i eat every other hour..i usually eat it in this order:

1. Eggs
  2. Whey
  3. Steak
  4. Whey
  5. Tuna
  6. Steak
  7. Whey
  8. Eggs
    [/list=1]

Cornholio said:

You should add in some carbs at the sacrifice of some protein. THe body will convert excess protein to carbs as need by glucogenesis anyway.

glucoNEOgenesis,. yes i know all about it, ive been adding some carbs to my shakes lately as some of the pros i know say it aids in the abosorption of the protein, atleast thats what their diet gurus tell them.

NY Muscle said:

glucoNEOgenesis,. yes i know all about it, ive been adding some carbs to my shakes lately as some of the pros i know say it aids in the abosorption of the protein, atleast thats what their diet gurus tell them.

LOL!!

Missed the point slightly. My thought was to replace some of the protein with carbs not add them....

but yeah. That works.

Top Bottom