Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How many grams of carb per meal while on?

How many grams of carb its safe to ingest per meal for optimum lbm gains while on?That is if you want to put on lean mass and have minimum overspill into trygliceride storages.I need to tweak my carb intake to make optimum gains but not trying to get fat I am currently at 180 and around 10%bf maybe a bit less.Want to keep the abs and gain some good clean muscle so gona try to get all my carbs in my first 4 meals then my last 2 wich will be one at 6:00pm and another at 9:00 one hour before bed will consist of the 6:00pm meal maybe some chciken breast with a low carb veggie and my last meal at 9:00pm a 50g whey prot shake.So how much would be safe to ingest on these first 4 meals or do I need to split that in 5?Making it a total of 7 meals per day,sorry to be so technichal but I need to perfect diet completely from every angle.K to those that can help.

gymratforlife said:
How many grams of carb its safe to ingest per meal for optimum lbm gains while on?That is if you want to put on lean mass and have minimum overspill into trygliceride storages.I need to tweak my carb intake to make optimum gains but not trying to get fat I am currently at 180 and around 10%bf maybe a bit less.Want to keep the abs and gain some good clean muscle so gona try to get all my carbs in my first 4 meals then my last 2 wich will be one at 6:00pm and another at 9:00 one hour before bed will consist of the 6:00pm meal maybe some chciken breast with a low carb veggie and my last meal at 9:00pm a 50g whey prot shake.So how much would be safe to ingest on these first 4 meals or do I need to split that in 5?Making it a total of 7 meals per day,sorry to be so technichal but I need to perfect diet completely from every angle.K to those that can help.

There is no perfect number, though with my genetics I would go with 2g per lb of bodypass. I think it's more important not to combine fat and carbohydrates in the same meal. Have only carbs and proteins in the first few meals, and for your last 2 you should be eating fat and protein, with minimal carbohydrates (<10). 50g of whey won't hurt you before bed, but casein or milk isolate is more effective. It stays in your stomach longer, whereas whey is quickly digested and does not provide any protein while you're sleeping.

azul said:
There is no perfect number, though with my genetics I would go with 2g per lb of bodypass. I think it's more important not to combine fat and carbohydrates in the same meal. Have only carbs and proteins in the first few meals, and for your last 2 you should be eating fat and protein, with minimal carbohydrates (<10). 50g of whey won't hurt you before bed, but casein or milk isolate is more effective. It stays in your stomach longer, whereas whey is quickly digested and does not provide any protein while you're sleeping.
thats nice info on the casein and milk isolate before bed protein shake but still does not answer my question of how many grams of carbs would be relatively safe to ingest per meal with out becoming a tub of lard.I figure I weigh 180 so I need roughly 360 grams of carbs per day to gain weight split in 4 meals that would be 90 grams of carbs per meal in my first 4 meals of the day would this overspill into trygliceride storages or is 90grams ok to consume in one sitting?Plus I have to take in 50grams of protein or so per sitting along with those carbs mind you.So were talking 560 calories per meal in carbs and protein alone with out factoring in fats.

gymratforlife said:
thats nice info on the casein and milk isolate before bed protein shake but still does not answer my question of how many grams of carbs would be relatively safe to ingest per meal with out becoming a tub of lard.I figure I weigh 180 so I need roughly 360 grams of carbs per day to gain weight split in 4 meals that would be 90 grams of carbs per meal in my first 4 meals of the day would this overspill into trygliceride storages or is 90grams ok to consume in one sitting?Plus I have to take in 50grams of protein or so per sitting along with those carbs mind you.So were talking 560 calories per meal in carbs and protein alone with out factoring in fats.

This is what a sample diet could look like:

C P F
100 65 <5 Breakfast
35 23 0 Pre-workout
100 47 0 PWO
50 70 <5
25 50 <5
3 50 30
3 50 25
5 50 30 Last meal

Damn thats also 8 meals lol I would have to be eating for 16 hours every 2 hours?That would hurt for sure lol.But oh well let me break it down calorie wise and see what i get.I must do what I must do even if it means becoming a walking food disposal lol.

Top Bottom