Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How long does it take your LEGS to recover?

tripleV

Hey

I did legs Saturday...and even today (monday) i can hardly walk, let alone bend down to pick something up!

How come, I get sore after my legs all the time! ANyone else?

Does glutamine realy help with muscle recovery? Anything else I could take?

Or just shut my hole for whining and complaining? Tell me, I can take it! :D

Yep!! Legs are killer, mine can get sore for like almost a week! Glutamine is good to take...just takes time and you get used to pain:)

Mine are usually sore about 5 days. The S.L. deadlifts will do it in my hams everytime - delicious! I LOVE being sore in my quads and glutes. There are some times when I might not get as sore, and that's a downer for me. (I know you don't HAVE to get sore to have a good workout, but I enjoy it nonetheless.)

pain is good:) Some people have a "whatever don't hurt" philosophy, you just need to find what's the best day for you to work out legs again. Experiment. Stretching before a workout, after each set and after the workout will help with the soreness.

OK I just got asked why i was walking as if i had a "pickle up my ass" ha ha very funny. i feel like stiff legged frankenstein. :D
not complaining, just funny is all, well maybe just a wittle...

agree w/ Fit... kind of a bummer when I'm not as sore... I love it when glutes/quads 'hurt so good' for a few days after!:rolly:

The worst part is that once you pound your legs with the weights, you have to use them again to do cardio!
Doing cardio is like a good stretching session for me -- I adjust it to what I can handle if I had particularly rough leg day, but its better than not doign anything with legs for a few days after leg day -- then they lock up REAL good -- especially after spending 8 hours being a desk jockey!

Glutamine does help a lot: I take it 4 x daily and its sped up my leg day recovery from about 4 days to like 2 - and they do take longer because of cardio for sure!

Working in a second leg day can help, believe it or not. Extreme soreness can be your body's way of telling you that you're doing something too infrequently. Using a light day and a heavy day each week, I have cut my leg recovery time in half and I don't waddle around like I have "a pickle in my ass" anymore. The trick is to do your leg workouts based on recovery, not on a set schedule. So on the first week, you would start fresh with 1 or 2 light weight leg workouts. A few days later when you're recovered you can hit your legs heavy again. Then, again when you're recovered, just do a set or two of mid-rep squats on top of whatever workout you have scheduled.

Cardio helps too, I notice that the soreness lingers longer when I haven't been hitting the pavement like I normally do.

Top Bottom