Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How fast does a fly have to fly into a speeding locomotive to stop it?

what if the train and the fly met at the exact instance of them both crossing the event horizon of a black hole???

Oh and since the earth is moving in space, I know, from my molecular experiments that I could feel the fresh wind of my movements through the open window in my mind, if the earth is moving around the sun and the train crisscrossing it going the opposite direction, then really, it all depends on the observer and the fly doesnt matter nary

BrothaBill said:
what if the train and the fly met at the exact instance of them both crossing the event horizon of a black hole???

Oh and since the earth is moving in space, I know, from my molecular experiments that I could feel the fresh wind of my movements through the open window in my mind, if the earth is moving around the sun and the train crisscrossing it going the opposite direction, then really, it all depends on the observer and the fly doesnt matter nary

Damn, you sound like a corporate patent lawyer. Hypotheticals from beyond the pale.

BrothaBill said:

I know you are feeling some wind through your mind but that's just the Kielbasa and cabbage I had for dinner.

redguru said:
Damn, you sound like a corporate patent lawyer. Hypotheticals from beyond the pale.

lol, just having fun, Matt nailed it with E=MC2, the fly nearing lightspeed would increase its mass requiring infinite energy to reach lightspeed, the limits of why lightspeed can never occur for a spaceship, but surely, at some point its mass of a fly would be larger, given enough energy to propel it towards lightspeed, to become more MASSive than the locomotive.

THere IS a definitive answer gentleman, remember your relativity boys

fuck, next year, Oktoberfest, liederhausen and us somewhere in the Rheineland,, what do you say, like National Lampoon European vacation, Pintoca and my girl Yasmina as well, but kielbasa and some good saurkrauts servind us

BrothaBill said:
so, like a bird cant bring down a 747 with you assertions, tsk, tsk, every locomotive has an achilles heel, just gotta think outside the box

BB, a bird cannot alone take down a 747. Maybe an engine, but it takes an incompetant pilot to bring the whole thing down after the bird strike.

Mass alone implies a fly cannot stop a train.

Yeah, I remember my relativity, but remember, mass does not equate to size. So, just because the mass goes asymptotic as the fly approaches the speed of light, it is still pact into essentially a point mass. This being said, the fly would still pass through the train, however, the energy released upon impact could destroy the train not stop it.

Top Bottom