Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How fast does a fly have to fly into a speeding locomotive to stop it?

BWAHAHAHA!! Timecube.com pwning RPI (they're 30 minutes north of here):

RPI incurrs a Cubic curse, evil for ignoring
Time Cube. RPI professors will eat dung
before they allow students to debate Time
Cube Life, as free speech suppression.
Students must stop such evil, or perish.

:cow:

BrothaBill said:
lol, having never seen nor observed these particles, you just read about them and believe it. A measure of faith, no?

I've never seen Saturn, that doesn't mean believing it's existance is an act of faith.

samoth said:
I've never seen Saturn, that doesn't mean believing it's existance is an act of faith.

lololol, yes it does, not having seen Uranus, means that you are taking a leap of faith.

BrothaBill said:
well youre are a douchebag pussy for using the rolledeyes smilie that is usually saved for exoticislandgirl. Go blow yourself honey and next time, I want extra shine on my shoes

awwww, you called me honey. i feel so special.

This thread actually stayed on topic longer than I thought it would. Now, mind you, we're way beyond the original topic ATM, but I just felt like pointing that out.

As you were.

hidngod said:
Wouldn't the speed of light & the effect of friction, cause the fly to burn up & thus be nothing left, but a smattering of carbon particals in the air?
Ummmmmmm, after reading all the preceding responses I find my initial response to be inelegant & sophomoric. I shall go bury my head in the sand. :rolleyes:

samoth said:
You'll find that common in physics.

Electrons don't spin, nor do quarks point up or down. These are metaphors.

Sure, but those are metaphors for things which are not otherwise easily characterized but need to be described.

Virtual particles appear (no pun) to be theoretical only - ie mathematically possible, not definite.

Top Bottom