Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How effective are birth control pills?

Doctor Dbol

As long as they are taken properly is there any chance of getting pregnent?

Anybody know a girl that still got pregnent while on the pill?

i question whether ladies on the pill didn't accidentally skip a few before getting pregnant because it is really effective.. 97-99% is way high... i could be wrong, tho.

Doctor Dbol said:
As long as they are taken properly is there any chance of getting pregnent?

Anybody know a girl that still got pregnent while on the pill?

I've been on them since 1991 and have never had any "accidents" but my husband's ex-wife, DID get pregnant while on the pill.

muskles said:
i question whether ladies on the pill didn't accidentally skip a few before getting pregnant because it is really effective.. 97-99% is way high... i could be wrong, tho.

I agree... or not necessarily skip, but take them at different times (morning one day, lunch time the next, etc.) It is important to take it at the same time every day, but that is very difficult for a lot of people.

Personally, the people I know who got pregnant *stopped* taking it before they got pregnant.

Yeah, there's always *a chance* but if you take the same time every day, it's a very slim chance.

My third child came while I was on the pill....she was a biiiig surprise. I did happen to take a antibiotic while on the pill, and didnt realize the effects of that . So be wise and watch what other med. you take while on the pill....some might have a reverse effect :mix:

"Ideal" use failure rate is 1% per year.

some other numbers for ya:

tubal ligation : 3 to 30 per thousand (lifetime) (0.3 - 3%)
vasectomy (male) : 1.5 per 1000 (lifetime) (0.15%)
IUD : 1 per 100 (1%)
Condoms : roughly 8-10 per hundred (10%)
Rhythym : 18 per 100 (18%)
Nothing : 85 per 100 (85%)

The way I explain it is this:

Humans have evolved to reproduce.
The body tries to find ways around sources of infertility.
:fro:

thebabydoc said:
"tubal ligation : 3 to 30 per thousand (lifetime) (0.3 - 3%)
vasectomy (male) : 1.5 per 1000 (lifetime) (0.15%)
IUD : 1 per 100 (1%)
Condoms : roughly 8-10 per hundred (10%)
Rhythym : 18 per 100 (18%)
Nothing : 85 per 100 (85%)

Hey Babydoc,

Thanks for the #'s. Are these other #'s "ideals" or reality?

Most ppl I know don't always use lube with condoms, but using lube everytime, I didn't have one break EVER in over a year - so I would guess 10% is reality, not ideal.

Thanks

they are "ideal" numbers.

As for the condoms, I have tought about this often: the "ideal" number should be 0%
but apparently microtears exist even with lubrication, otherwise condoms with Nonoxyl-9 should be more effective as should lambskin but, alas, they are not.

Top Bottom