Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how does the ckd diet work exactly? is it ok for 3 weeks?

missyd143

hello im just wondering since i weigh 120 how many calories of fat and protein am i supposed to have?? is 100 grams of protein and 60 grams of fat good? and what happens if i dont have keto sticks ? what if im really not in ketosis? is a 50% protein and fat ok? and will i lose muscle while on this diet? i know about the refeeding days but i dont kno exactly what kind of fat n how much fat n protein i should eat.... thanks alot +)_

u sure i wont get fat on this diet if i only do it for 2 weeks to see what happens? and can i do cardio on it ? and last , do i really ned to getketo sticks?

NO!!!, you will not get fat when consuming a calorie total under your maintenance level. If anything, you will lose fat, with little muscle loss (at least that is what the goal is). DO NOT overdo the protein on a low carb/keto diet!!!! Like the guys above mentioned, keep fat intake high. I normally like to keep my fat intake around 70-85% of my calories for the day, and I keep protein at around 15-30%. I tend to go with a higher fat percentage at the beginning (85%) until ketosis is established, then I either keep it there or go no lower than 70% of my calories until my carb up. I do not follow a straight keto diet, I only do CKD diets, which are simply keto diets with a carb-up.

My suggestion would be to multiply your bodyweight by 12, and this will give you your total calories for the day.

For example: If you weigh 120 pounds, then this is 120 times 12 which will be 1440 calories for the day....GOT THAT?

1440 X .8 = 1153 calories of fat (this would be 128 grams)

1440 X .2 = 288 calories of protein (this is 72 grams).

Keep carbs as close to zero as possible while in ketosis, but lets be realistic here...you will not be able to avoid all carbs. BUT, this is okay as long as they are keeped to a minimum. This will vary between each individual as to the tolerance of carbs knocking you out of ketosis. Some people can go to 50-100 grams of carbs and be fine, others can only tolerate no more than 20 grams. My suggestion would be to keep them as low as possible if you are following a CKD because you only have 5-6 days of the ketogenic phase of the diet before you perform your 1-2 day carb-up.

FOODS: Anything that has no carbs and allows you to stay within the Percentage ratios of 80% fat and 20% protein. I try to aim for each meal to meet these percentages. I find this easier and more effective to meet my requirements than to just eat uneven ratios.
Examples:
-Pepperoni slices
-meats with mayo or ranch dressings
-protein drinks with oil and water.
-A pudding with whey protein, canola/flax oil, heavy whipping cream, and equal is my favorite meal.
-Egg yolks
-Ground hamburger with cheese, bacon bits, lettuce, olives, and ranch dressing.
-hot dogs with cheese

*You get the idea?
I pretty much stick to the same old thing every day, so I am not the best person to get recipes from. If you do a search, then you should come up with more choices.

*I get better results by dividing my calories up into 3-4 meals throughout the day, rather than 5-6.

Training/workouts:
I use a similar outline of what Lyle McDonald has used in the past.
Monday = legs, back, biceps, calves, abs, 30 minutes of HIIT stationary bike (interval training). I do 1-2 different exercises for each muscle group. Each exercise I will perform 2-3 sets each. They are heavy sets of 6-10 reps. I rest 2-3 minutes between each set.

Tuesday = chest, shoulders, triceps, and traps, 30 minutes of cardio/HIIT stationary bike. I will do 1-2 exercises for each muscle group. Each exercise I will perform 2-3 sets each. They are heavy sets for 6-10 reps. I rest 2-3 minutes between each set.

Wednesday: 30 minutes of cardio in morning.

Thuirsaday: If I am too sore, I don't do anything!!! If I am not sore, then I will do a few sets of abs and hyperextensions and maybe some light cardio.

Friday: I usually take it off, but sometimes I get a hair up my ass and will do a little cardio.

Saturday: Whole body depletion workout!!! Light weights of 20-25 reps and 1 minute rests in between each exercise. I follow a circuit style training method...Leg press for 20 reps, rest 1 minute, dumbbell bench press for 20 reps, rest one minute, close-grip cable rows for 20 reps, rest 1 minute, shoulder side laterals for 20 reps, rest 1 minute, barbell curls for 20 reps, rest 1 minute, Tricep cable pushdowns for 20 reps, rest 1 minute, decline crunches for 20 reps, rest 1 minute, calve raises for 20 reps, rest 1 minute, shrugs for 20 reps, rest 1 minute, leg pull-ins for lower abs for 20 reps, rest 1 minute, rear delt reverse flyes

REST 3-5 MINUTES

Repeat the same scheme above

Rest 3-5 minutes

Repeat circuit sets

Rest 3-5 minutes....By this time, your sets should be fairly short because some muscles will give out after the 2nd or 3rd circuit set, therefore, with each circuit set, your sets have less and less exercises. Some muscles will reach depletion faster than others. Each set is done with light weights!!!! These exercises should keep muscle damage to a minimum!!! The main purpose of this whole body depletion workout is to deplete muscle and liver glycogen levels to extremely low levels!!! They are not meant to inflict damage as this will interfere with the carb-up, and your muscles will still be sore on Monday and Tuesdays workouts, which we do not want!!! Hopefully, you will be able to burn some fat for an added bonus. If you feel nauseous in your workout, add 30 seconds to 1 minutes extra in-between sets.

After my last circuit set, I will do a 20-30 minute stationary bike session to further deplete the liver of more glycogen...that is if I am not sick...usually I am fine though.

I like to take ALA, fiber drinks, chromium, magnesium, ECY, topical yohimbine, and creatine with this diet. I like using other drugs as well, but I doubt that is what you are looking for.

After my depletion workout on Saturday, I begin my carb-up, which is usually around 2:00pm. This carb-up will go on until 4-6:00 pm Sunday night. After this last carb-up meal, I do not eat anything until Monday morning, as I am again beginning my ketogenic phase of the diet (hence...trying to get back into ketosis). I follow this until the next weekend carb-up...hence the name "Cyclic Ketogenic Diet".

I am NOT gonna go into detail about the carb-up at this time because it warrants its own expalnation and purpose, and until I know you have read what I have written thus far, and are even interested, I am not gonna waist my time. The carb-up is probably the most important part of this whole CKD diet. It is where people are either successful or not successful with their progress. It is by no means hard, but it seems to be where most people fuck-up. Until i know you have read what I just wrote, I will not go into explanation of the carb-up....but I am more than willing to do it if you want me too. GOT THAT?

HAVE A NICE DAY:)

MR. BMJ

thanks bmj///but why do cardio if you are already burning fat?? i mean u can loose muscle right? and i just cant picture myself eating heavy cream and all that....lol...but i also can lose fat by doin a 50-20-30 p--c--f--% right? i mean as long as i do cardio 3x a week on an empty stomach it is ok right? i try to to HIIT to avoid catabolism....and many people say the weight loss in keto is water and protein breakdown..not fat.

I am NOT gonna go into detail about the carb-up at this time because it warrants its own expalnation and purpose, and until I know you have read what I have written thus far, and are even interested, I am not gonna waist my time. The carb-up is probably the most important part of this whole CKD diet. It is where people are either successful or not successful with their progress. It is by no means hard, but it seems to be where most people fuck-up. Until i know you have read what I just wrote, I will not go into explanation of the carb-up....but I am more than willing to do it if you want me too. GOT THAT?

HAVE A NICE DAY:)

MR. BMJ [/B]

I would like to hear your ideas on the "carb up period"

thanks bro

missyd143 said:
thanks bmj///but why do cardio if you are already burning fat?? i mean u can loose muscle right? and i just cant picture myself eating heavy cream and all that....lol...but i also can lose fat by doin a 50-20-30 p--c--f--% right? i mean as long as i do cardio 3x a week on an empty stomach it is ok right? i try to to HIIT to avoid catabolism....and many people say the weight loss in keto is water and protein breakdown..not fat.

FIRST...thanks for the compliment.

LAST...What the hell are you doing asking a question about how to help you on a keto diet, then start talking about how you can't eat fat!!! What the fuck do you think the whole diet is based upon? DO SOME FUCKING RESEARCH FOR ONCE DAMMIT! STOP WASTING PEOPLES TIME!!! You're the type of person to go order a cheeseburger at Burger King, then when you get your damn food, you say something like "Can I have a hot dog instead?" From now on, I will probably not read or help you in any of your damn questions unless it warrants the benefit to others. the 50-20-30 ratio has been mentioned numerous times by MR. X when he was here so I suggest reading that thread for info! I don't feel sorry for you any more dammit! Half of dieting is learning how to experiment with your body on techniques that may or may not work....TRIAL AND ERROR!!! People are giving you advice and you are not taking in what they are saying so if you are upset, so be it because you are not keeping up with your side of the bargain.

CARDIO? If you are too lazy to find out, then how can I help you out? Get your ass motivated dammit! Yes, excessive cardio can be catabolic, but if you learn to use it correctly, then it is very effective at speeding up fat loss. BUT, you have to do it to find out!

A keto diet does not only cause a person to lose water and glycogen!!! This is evident by the thousands of people that have followed a keto/ckd diet for extended lengths. YES, the initial weight loss will be water and glycogen (ie the first couple of days when first starting or after a carb-up), but you will also lose fat also. Frankly, if you didn't want to do a follow a keto diet, then why the hell did you ask for information? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I need to go to bed......

All that aside....I would also like to respond to gymrat123, yeah, i'll post a typical carb-up example of what has worked for myself and what has worked with my friends when I have helped them. Basically, it will be almost exactly similar to most CKD's (BodyOpus/The Ketogenic Diet), so I will probably be repeating a lot of what has been written by both Duchaine and Lyle. I'll try to give an example when I have some time this week. I have a lot of school work and tests I have to do these next couple of days so I will be on and off with little time. Also Finals are coming up soon. I'll see what I can do though. I've been wanting to do a post regarding carb-ups on a CKD anyway. Again, it will probably will not be much different than DD and LM, but at least people who have never read these books can get an idea of what kinds of foods I eat, etc...Later buddy.

BMJ

Good post BMJ....i have written nearly the exact same thing countless tmes on board, email and PM's. Not that i mind, but it does get tedious...lol..

One thing you forgot to mention, or i did read...was about the consumption of approx. 50gm of fructose approx. 2hrs before the depletion w/o. This is done to bump yourself out of ketosis so that when you do the depletion w/o you not burning ketones instead of muscle glycogen.

Have you ever tried this for your carb-up....For the depletion w/o instead of doing the typical circuit(which i used to do) do each body part seperately. Like start off with legs, doing leg presses and leg ext.....each exercise for 4 sets with 1 min rest between sets. Then go right on to next muscle gp and do the same type of thing. After this which should take you about 1.5hrs or so...do 1 or 2 complete curcuits like you desrcibed above. I really like this method.

Also i use Humalog R after my depletion w/o and during the last 6hrs or so of the carb-up to help get back into ketosis FAST..

Top Bottom