Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How do carbs make u FAT??????

SonnyBlack

Do u bros know if carbs make you fat by themselves oor only when combined with fat???Wat about if u have a diet thats moderate with carbs but low in fat...would the amount of carbs still make u fat..even if the diet is low in fat???Can u all bros please explain this to me????

Carbs don't make u fat

It's not that carbs make you fat per se. It's just that eating too many carbs can be stored as fat, and also makes it harder to lose fat. High carbs and fat in the same meal seems like the worse combination, the SAD (standard american diet) is both high in carbs and fat and obesity rates are at 60% now. I've read conflicting data, some have said that fat lowers the glycemic index of carbs, making them absorbed slower, while other studies have said that fat actually worsens the insulin response when fats are ingested with carbs. The problem with carbs is this, they break down into sugar (glucose) in the blood, and your pancrease secretes insulin to shuttle the sugar out of the blood to the liver then muscles for storage. If there's an excess of glucose that isn't burned off immediately and your glycogen stores are filled, the carbs are actually stored as bodyfat through de novo lipogenesis. Even if this doesn't happen, just the fact that when insulin levels are raised, fat burning comes to a stop. Anyway, the CKD and other low carb diets deal with this problem very well, but even the Zone diet, which allows 40% of its calories from (low glycemic) carbohydrates can prevent one from getting fat. Hope this info helps u out.

Too many calories make you fat. It is really that simple. It's just easier to overeat highly processed carbs than it is to eat fibrous carbs with your proteins and fats.

Re: Carbs don't make u fat

PwB said:
The problem with carbs is this, they break down into sugar (glucose) in the blood, and your pancrease secretes insulin to shuttle the sugar out of the blood to the liver then muscles for storage. If there's an excess of glucose that isn't burned off immediately and your glycogen stores are filled, the carbs are actually stored as bodyfat through de novo lipogenesis. Even if this doesn't happen, just the fact that when insulin levels are raised, fat burning comes to a stop. Anyway, the CKD and other low carb diets deal with this problem very well, but even the Zone diet, which allows 40% of its calories from (low glycemic) carbohydrates can prevent one from getting fat. Hope this info helps u out.

Hi,

I'm new to this forum. I'm not sure if I'm in this leage as so many of u seem to be into bodybuilding and I gave up on it years ago 'cause of genetic limitations. I still workout and am actually fairly muscular but don't carry the density of the amateur bodybuilders.

I have lots of questions but I for one would like to address this quote. True, insulin is an issue and in fact glucagon is just as important for Fat burning but I understand that these 2 variables are more affected by simple sugars as opposed to the complex carbs (sweet potatoes, brown rice, etc.) Peraps I'm wrong but I'm open to any more information on this.

I'd also like to know more about carbs because although my diet is very low in fac, I've never known carbs to be as detrimental as to what I'm reading in some of these threads. As far as KD diets are concerned, I hear that scientifically the results are very short term the fat stores come back very quickly from what I hear. Now this may depen on how long one is on the KD diet for but I'd like to know more info about his as well.

Last edited:
bump for some more comments on this.....MR X AND COSMO AND VAGETA ...where r u all ...id like to hear from u all about this.....

I'll chime in though the answer has already been given. Carbs don't make you fat, too many calories makes you fat. Problem is that processed carbs are loaded with calories so it is easy to eat too much. It would be possible to get fat on a CKD if you ate more calories than you burned. I don't think many people realize this.

I heard that the body cannot store fat without the presence of insulin. The body produces insulin in order to convert carbs into glucagon it can expend for energy. The higher the glycemic index, the more insulin the body produces. Can anyone verify this. That's the whole premise behind the ATkin's diet. Wthout any carbs, the body will never produce insulin, and therefore will never store fat. The Sugar Buster's diet works similiarly: EAT low glycemic index foods in order hinder the release of insulin, while buring off calories through other measures. Processed foods in general, I hear, are crap, because they are an inferior source of energy. Brown rice and sweet potatoes seem to always come up on the best sources of complex carbs. Any info appreciated.
Thanx :confused:

He'sjustalittleguy said:
I heard that the body cannot store fat without the presence of insulin.

This is wrong. Apparently, there's something called "acylation stimulation protein " that doesn't need insulin to store fat.

The technicalities are far beyond me. But what the others said: too many calories make you fat.

Top Bottom