Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How bad is this?

natasan

My gym membership expires today and for the next month my schedule is pretty busy. On top of that, my girlfriend is coming up from Texas for two weeks - so I'll pretty much be out of the gym then too while we're on vacation.

If I stick with a pretty clean diet (I've been cutting and was looking at ketosis for the next two weeks before she comes up) and stick with my cardio - do people think I'm going to have much loss in muscle and strength?

I'm not going to lapse my training 100% - I just won't be lifting for probably the next six weeks. I know that reversibility states that you can loose up to 50% of your strength in two months, but I've been working my ass off for multiple years now.

Thoughts? Concerns? Experience?

Schedule, girlfriend, What are you talking about?

Don't stay away for more than 10 days, you will start to lose after that.

Screw that. Sounds like excuses to not go to the gym to me. Some rest is good. Six weeks without going in is overkill. Talk yourself back into staying in the gym.

basically 6 weeks of no lifting. I've never gone that long without lifting in the past three years I've been training.

I'll have to figure something out I guess.

i'm starting a bulking cycle shortly after she leaves anyway - I just don't want to have to be too far behind my current schedule.

I guess I'm trying to find an acceptable loss. I understand there will be loss.

U don't have to worry 6 weeks is a lot and you will lose some size and strength, but the body has a great feature called muscle memory, U say U have been working out for many years so if you miss lets say 5 months of training then, when U start training again U will reach ure last top plateau rather quickly so if U miss only 6 weeks then its no big problem, but remember that when U start again U will have to work ure ass of just to reach ure old plateau. :)

Top Bottom