Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hoteachers story with a not so good ending...

nsashbl01

HT has been keeping her Summer exciting with a new found sport. For years she's been on the back of my bikes. This year we decided it's time to saddle up on her own. She did well except for a few slow speed incidents. So I decided she needed to learn a little accident avoidance and I bought her a motocross bike. She has been hooked since the first ride. She has a bad habit of going way to fast and grabbing too much front brake. So she has had several trips over the bars. Lost some skin a few times, and named her bike "lil tuffy" because it always bounces back.

July 21st we were up at the vacation home in Northern WI planning a weekend of motocross and street bike riding. I am riding a new bike that I am still tweaking so I told her we are going to have a mellow ride. I didn't feel like bleeding. She got bored of that real quickly and decided to let me get an 1/8 mile or so ahead so she can ride balls out without me knowing.

So I came up on a few atv riders that were coming towards me and I stopped to let them know she's behind me. After a minute or so I got that all so common sinking feeling that she wiped again. So I turned around and drove back towards her and as I got withing an few hundred feet the atv'ers were waving their hands in the air. I then saw her laying on the trail. Every time she crashes she is usually holding up a bike part standing next to her bike with this "I'm sorry" look on her face. This was different, she wasn't moving. Her helmet was off so I knew she was alive, but she's a tough chick so I knew it wasn't good.

When I got to her she was screeming "I broke my leg". I asked her to let me move her off the trail and she couldn't handle any movement without a horror movie style scream.

So without making this a four page story, I will sum it up. It took about another hour and a half to get her out of the woods with a dozen emt / search and rescue people. Then another hour and two ambulances to get her to an er. I have never encountered so many skilled and kind individuals an a accident situation and I have been through many. They let me help and be with her throught the entire ordeal. She was pretty banged up, and no amount of morphine or sedative did anything until we got her crushed femur into traction.

So she ended up with a broken femur, (badly broken). Her arm lost some skin and looked broken but was ok. Her hip also was pretty banged up. Thanks to full protective gear her knee is still in one pc and the rest of her body is ok. Without the gear she wouldn't be so lucky.

I have to go pick her up and bring her to the gym, but will post pics later. Even with 45 staples and an erector set in her leg she's still lifting!

Sorry to hear that my friend.

Get her put of the gym.....LOL

She needs to heal.

Sorry to hear.....what a painful story....I hurt just reading it :worried:

Send her our love and well wishes, and make sure she gets her rest!

Both of you are always in my thoughts... I know hitting the gym is going to be mental & spiritual therapy for HT HOWEVER... PLEASE get doc's advice on it and make sure you let your body heal as it needs to before stressing it more w/ training... just a word of concerned caution.

Love you guys!

Sassy69 said:
Both of you are always in my thoughts... I know hitting the gym is going to be mental & spiritual therapy for HT HOWEVER... PLEASE get doc's advice on it and make sure you let your body heal as it needs to before stressing it more w/ training... just a word of concerned caution.

Love you guys!

Two days after the surgery when she was still in the hospital she asked the ortho when she could squat! He said, "are you serious? Six month's, maybe a year"! Then he said, you can work upper body today, just be carefull. But it was a week or so before I would bring her. I also am not letting her go hog wild. I want her body to be repairing bone not muscle. But it is her santuary, so I understand.

BTW, Sassy. Roxigirl came by Sunday and was impressed with your car pics!

Here are a few pics. I will put the xrays up tomorrow. Very cool....

These are 3 days after in the hospital...

Yea, a little swolen!

54kqsnr.jpg

Are swelling all gone here. Her forearm was really big for a day or so.

637vxtx.jpg

Her right hip looked like she had a huge love handle. She took her pads out of her brand new racing pants because they were uncomfortable. Now she wishes she didn't doc said her hip should have broke!

nsashbl01 said:
Two days after the surgery when she was still in the hospital she asked the ortho when she could squat! He said, "are you serious? Six month's, maybe a year"! Then he said, you can work upper body today, just be carefull. But it was a week or so before I would bring her. I also am not letting her go hog wild. I want her body to be repairing bone not muscle. But it is her santuary, so I understand.

BTW, Sassy. Roxigirl came by Sunday and was impressed with your car pics![/QUOTE]

It was so much fun! I can't even tell you!

Glad all is good tho! Speedy recovery to you!

Sassy69 said:

Love you guys!
For emphasis
:heart:

Top Bottom