Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Holmes' Log '07

Thanks for the input, thats pretty much what I'm doing on rows and Pullup. I always sag low with straight arms at the bottom of the pullup. Good point about keeping the shoulders tight. If I relax them my shoulder will separate, but I haven't "practiced" that sort of stuff in a long time. I will need to figure out what is stalling the lockout, it could be something with my lower traps or forearms too.

Goals for June: Get proficient at 1 arm hangs/partial range pullups and power cleans. Increase 5rm Bench 15 pounds and 5rm squat 30lbs.
Ancillary for June: Chest and Tri ancillary (again), bicep curls, mirror flexdowns

6-2-07
Push day

Bench 45lbx10, 4x5 65lb,95, 115, 150lb *PR*
OHP 5x5 45,55,65,75,85
Incline DB press 25's 4x12
tri extension 80lbx20
Abs
Rotator cuff 4lb 8,8,5

I have been having left shoulder issues. I realized today that it is walking my dogs that is wearing out my left shoulder. I am taking them one at a time now until they learn who is boss. A great workout otherwise, felt as strong as I am eating. 5 more pounds on bench is gonna be hard, so I will have to prep with lots and lots of food.

June 5-07
Pull day

Pullup BWx5, 4x3 +5,+10,+15,+40, BWx8 :chomp: :chomp:
Power Clean 5x5 65lb,75,85,95,120lb
Squat 4x5 115,135,155,185lb *PR*
DB speed Row 5x5 20lb,30,40,45,50lb
DB curls 15's x15,10

Bodyweight pullups were hella fun after the 40lb weighted ones. I was tossing my body around like nothing, probably could have done a muscle up on the bar.

Power cleans were hard. My form is all over the place. Racked my chin with the 45lb bar once. Im getting better I think, but I need more reps under my belt. Just focusing on a strait pull for now, straight arms with a big shrug. The only issue is I throw it too high. Maybe front squats will aid my catch next time.

Squat felt awsome. The last few reps I sat deep in the hole and felt it good, and had to put a hurtin on the quads to get out fully. Finally hitting weight that does my body justice and feels hard for all of me at once. Lower back felt awesome and strong the whole time. Time to celebrate with big eatin and sleeping!! :chomp:

Maybe my chest will start to grow after I get my squat up big. Im gonna try a 5 day workout this week, with my pull day on MWF with varying intensity a.la intermediate madcow5x5. Im just making bench day a seperate day so Im not in the gym 2.5 hours MWF :p Next week maybe bench MWF and pull Tth?

Blast from the past here! Pretty fun to look back at my old weights. I've lifted on and off for the past 15 years but been hitting it hard for 3 years.

Broke my leg 5 years ago. The surgery fucked my knee up really bad and I'm still trying to get ATG squats back. Spent 2 years hobbling but now I can walk normal and jump maybe 12 inches again.

Sacrum (and knee) problems is keeping me from squatting heavy but I'm not giving up on the progressive overload. Got in a car wreck earlier this year and it really set me back. Squatted with 45lb today, first time loaded since the wreck basically.

My metabolism finally slowed down! I am 41 and don't ride bikes like I used to. Got up to 185 then cut down to 160 this summer and now I'm back on slight bulk for winter. Maybe 250cal surplus a day.

170lb weight today. Hit 16 pullups in a set, no pause, that's a lifetime PR! At 41!

Just wanted to say hello again!

Attachments

• 20230920_110539.jpg
    20230920_110539.jpg
    935.8 KB · Views: 46
Blast from the past here! Pretty fun to look back at my old weights. I've lifted on and off for the past 15 years but been hitting it hard for 3 years.

Broke my leg 5 years ago. The surgery fucked my knee up really bad and I'm still trying to get ATG squats back. Spent 2 years hobbling but now I can walk normal and jump maybe 12 inches again.

Sacrum (and knee) problems is keeping me from squatting heavy but I'm not giving up on the progressive overload. Got in a car wreck earlier this year and it really set me back. Squatted with 45lb today, first time loaded since the wreck basically.

My metabolism finally slowed down! I am 41 and don't ride bikes like I used to. Got up to 185 then cut down to 160 this summer and now I'm back on slight bulk for winter. Maybe 250cal surplus a day.

170lb weight today. Hit 16 pullups in a set, no pause, that's a lifetime PR! At 41!

@JohnRobHolmes welcome back i think we need to get you VIP status asap

we really missed your log bro

sorry to hear about the surgery and issues but you can be back

can you restart your log and start pushing it up again?

See my log - just yesterday I equaled a 15 year old PB

welcome back
you need to get a new log up

Top Bottom