Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hit a rut

Pittman

I'm new to this site, but I hear everone has great tips.
I am 6ft 2in tall and I was 228lbs. I lost about 18 lbs over about a 3 month period, and started to hit the gym. For the last 3 months I've been stuck at 210! I want to get to 195-200lbs tops, and shredd up from there, but I hit a plateau. I am stuck at 210! I need a weekly or monthly diet exercize routine that will get me to 195lbs and shredded. The more detailed the diet, and workout the better. I work better when I am told exactly what to do. Can anyone help??

the only difference between a rut and a grave is depth. one of my favorite quotes.

nikkita said:
what have you been doing for workout?

how is your current diet??

exactly.

Can'tr expect to received a tailored program here bro... We are all different and what works for me might be a disaster for you.

I understand the "please tell me what to do" frame of mind, but this is a 2-way street. You need to post up exactly what you are doing to base our opinion on, and even then, it will be guidelines. You need to document and test on yourself several things as well before deciding what works best for you.

It is a bit of trial and error, we can, in the best case, save you some time by gfiving you pointers where to start

Ok, here is what I have been doing both diet, and workout wise.

DIET- (Mon - Fri) Gym all 5 days
Breakfast: Either hard boiled eggs, or mini shredded wheat with skim and splenda.

Snack: lotsa fruit (apples, bananas, etc) Sometimes a snackbar.

Lunch: Either tuna with fat free mayo on 7 grain, or turkey with mustard on 7 grain. Also a piece of fruit.

Pre workout: Protein shake with skim and water.

Post workout: hard boiled egg and protein shake with skim and water.

Dinner: Either chicken breast, or fish grilled or pan grilled with that zero fat zero everything spray butter. With that either mushrooms, broccoli.

After dinner snack: this is sometimes during the week where I cheat. (cookie, or peanutbutter sandwich)

DIET: Weekend (Gym Zero)

My diet usually consists of me going out to dinner these days, Its not bad, but not good at all. My weight has stayed at 210lbs for 3 months.

GYM: I follow a 4 week routine. But it is almost all weight training.
Should I do cardio before, after, in between my weight training?? Should I pase my cardio and do it for a long time, or should for instance run hard for 2 min, slow for 2min??

I did lose 18 pounds, but I havent been able to lose any more in 3 months. I did however lose both muscle and fat.

Should I focus on losing the desired 10 -15 more pounds, and then hit the gym hard?

I am willing to try any program, and if it doesnt work for me, I can move on or modify.

Whatever help you can give, would be greatly appreciated!

Pittman said:

Breakfast: Either hard boiled eggs, or mini shredded wheat with skim and splenda.

Lunch: Either tuna with fat free mayo on 7 grain, or turkey with mustard on 7 grain. Also a piece of fruit.

Dinner: Either chicken breast, or fish grilled or pan grilled with that zero fat zero everything spray butter. With that either mushrooms, broccoli.

After dinner snack: this is sometimes during the week where I cheat. (cookie, or peanutbutter sandwich)

My diet usually consists of me going out to dinner these days, Its not bad, but not good at all. My weight has stayed at 210lbs for 3 months.

Should I do cardio before, after, in between my weight training?? Should I pase my cardio and do it for a long time, or should for instance run hard for 2 min, slow for 2min??

I did lose 18 pounds, but I havent been able to lose any more in 3 months. I did however lose both muscle and fat.

Should I focus on losing the desired 10 -15 more pounds, and then hit the gym hard?

I am willing to try any program, and if it doesnt work for me, I can move on or modify.

I see your diet and it really is not well balanced in terms of nutrients... it would be better to have 5 meals (without considering pre & post wkout shakes) where you include your protein, fiber, carbs, veggies and fruits.

From your diet I can see that you are taking:

* skim three times a day <--- reduce it to one
* fruits <-- maybe you can change from apples and bananas to grapefruit and melon which have less sugar.
* mayo and mustard <--- IMO its better to take these away
* snackbar <--- what do you eat for this?

---> Try including more sources of different carbs ie., rice, potatoes
---> Include green veggies at least two times per day.
--->how much water??
---> for the weekend, let me know if I understood right... you don't follow diet? or it is just dinner?

I think it will be a matter of diet adjustment in order to get out of the plateau... sure training helps, but remember that everything is reflected upon the diet you do. Cardio, for me works well to do after your lifting so that you don't exhaust your muscles beforehand and are able to burn glycogen stores.
Don't forget to watch your grams of protein per lb every day.

Also it is not about eating less, but good quality foods.

Thanks for the input. I eat the snack bars because they curb my sweet tooth. I know it's bad.
I am going to switch to less sugary fruits, no mayo, no mustard as well.

Should I keep having the shakes?
Maybe with just water instead of the skim?

Some days I have 120+ ounces of water, and some days 50 or under.

For dinner on the weekends I "cheat". I maintain a high protein lower carb meal for dinner, but they have more of a fat content. (Weekend) going to try and stop cheating on weekends.

Should I take suppliments? (Flax, fat burner, L-carnatin, specific vitamins, etc.)

My goal is to drop the 10-15 pounds, and then start hitting the gym hard. I found that I stopped losing the weight as soon as I started hitting the gym.

Pittman said:
Thanks for the input. I eat the snack bars because they curb my sweet tooth. I know it's bad.
I am going to switch to less sugary fruits, no mayo, no mustard as well.

Should I keep having the shakes?
Maybe with just water instead of the skim?

Some days I have 120+ ounces of water, and some days 50 or under.

For dinner on the weekends I "cheat". I maintain a high protein lower carb meal for dinner, but they have more of a fat content. (Weekend) going to try and stop cheating on weekends.

Should I take suppliments? (Flax, fat burner, L-carnatin, specific vitamins, etc.)

My goal is to drop the 10-15 pounds, and then start hitting the gym hard. I found that I stopped losing the weight as soon as I started hitting the gym.

why don't you get your diet revamped and start hitting hard in the gym right away?? training hard with weights accelerates your metabolism so you continue to burn fat even at rest.

Regarding your questions...

>>Should I keep having the shakes?

Sure! whatever you need to keep your protein consumption constant and according to your body weight

>>Maybe with just water instead of the skim?
yes

>>Some days I have 120+ ounces of water, and some days 50 or under.
See, water is very important for whatever your goals may be. If you don't drink enough water (according to your bodyweight) you can start say bye bye to your desired results

>>For dinner on the weekends I "cheat". I maintain a high protein lower carb meal for dinner, but they have more of a fat content. (Weekend) going to try and stop cheating on weekends.

Cheating in weekends is ok, but if your goal is to reduce fat, then just look for foods that have not lots of fat... specially at night.

>>Should I take suppliments? (Flax, fat burner, L-carnatin, specific vitamins, etc.)
Do you currently take any? if so, which ones?

Pittman said:

This is easy.

Pull out the simple, fast sugars including fruit and grains. Add slow sugars (veggies) and more grilled flesh.

Stored water will be released and you'll burn fat. Your energy will go up.

Your body will get a lean, hard look. People will see the change in your face and waist.

Stop when you are happy with the body weight level and add just a little whole grain product and some berries.

As for exercise .... do a reasonable amount of low impact cardio ... 15-20 minutes ... and a reasonable full body routine split in 2 or 3. You won't be able to power lift or 5 X 5, but you can do full range 3 X 8's.

Top Bottom