Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hey Mitch!

f stop of 2.8, iso set at 1000 and leave it open about 30 seconds. Tried some out tonight as a warm up. Pretty cool. I have a decent star trail pic that I did in the backyard, but the street nights in front made the trees etc noisy as hell. I'll have to clean it up.

f stop of 2.8, iso set at 1000 and leave it open about 30 seconds. Tried some out tonight as a warm up. Pretty cool. I have a decent star trail pic that I did in the backyard, but the street nights in front made the trees etc noisy as hell. I'll have to clean it up.

f2.8 is the wrong aperture for this type of shot. Try it with F8-F11 and adjust your shutter speed accordingly.

I'm not sure on Nikon, but you probably can't do anything longer than a 30 sec exposure without a release cable.

I have a cable release. Set it to bulb. Count to 30 or so.

The bigger the F stop, the smaller the aperture right? (I havent actually used my DSLR in M mode prolly in over a year) Astrophotography and Astronomy in general is best done with essentially turning your camera or telescope into a "light bucket". I rechecked, 2.8 is the reccomended aperture for astrophotography, my current lense lets me go to 3.5.

I locked the cable release and then went inside to do some reading last night for about 30-40 min. I had to clean up the noise so the trees weren't red using infranviewer so it's not very polished. Lightroom is downloading.

startrails_zpsda973645.jpg

Living in Vegas and Milwaukee, I really missed having dark skies like this.

milkyway_zpsf756fb5c.jpg

Like I said, not super polished. Also the first time I've tried taking pics of stars.

Top Bottom