Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

He's cheating on U: And it may not be his fault. A new 'Cheating Gene' Found.

And that will possibly be used to pave the way for relative treatment of criminals. "It's not his fault. He's got the criminal gene and it was activated by a rough childhood."

We need to establish criminal (and other behavioral) absolutes as opposed to seeing everyone as some degree of victim.

I am not sure where you get that from to be honest.

Are you suggesting it is better not to get to the source of criminal or other anti-social behaviour?

For example, I know that I have the full mutation for MTHFR, which MAY put me at a greater risk of clotting or various thromobolytic events.

I take precautions in various situations to prevent such an outcome, for example if I have to fly, watching any other risk factors for heart disease or stroke and eliminating them.

I really don't see that finding out you have a tendency to criminality or sociopathy would be any different.

If anything, it may allow people to take a greater responsibility for their actions.

So we've discovered another predisposition -- we probably have thousands (or more) of them. But predispositions do not necessarily have to translate into actions.

I think all this predisposition research is going to fuel our bailout-crazy, victim-based society. Can't hold a job because you're a drunk? It's ok, you have the alcohol gene so here's a check. Can't hold a job because you can't get along with co-workers? It's ok, you have the antisocial gene so here's a check. Can't get off the X-box and your mom's couch to find work? It's ok, you have the x-box addict gene so here's a check.

We need to be educating people now that predispositions don't force anyone to do anything.
So then are you saying that being an xbox addict is a choice? How about homosexuality?

I am not sure where you get that from to be honest.

Are you suggesting it is better not to get to the source of criminal or other anti-social behaviour?

For example, I know that I have the full mutation for MTHFR, which MAY put me at a greater risk of clotting or various thromobolytic events.

I take precautions in various situations to prevent such an outcome, for example if I have to fly, watching any other risk factors for heart disease or stroke and eliminating them.

I really don't see that finding out you have a tendency to criminality or sociopathy would be any different.

If anything, it may allow people to take a greater responsibility for their actions.

Identifying genetic predispositions and being proactive about them is a wonderful thing. But before we explore this brave new world, there needs to be an understanding that genes are not a valid excuse for behavior nor are they a basis of any legal defense.

So then are you saying that being an xbox addict is a choice? How about homosexuality?

I suspect we're going to find genetic predispositions for homosexuality, mathematical aptitude, violent behavior, musical gifts, social tendencies and a host of other behaviors. I wouldn't be surprised if 50 years from now a simple blood test on a newborn identifies their predispositions when (or even before) they are born.

I suspect we're going to find genetic predispositions for homosexuality, mathematical aptitude, violent behavior, musical gifts, social tendencies and a host of other behaviors. I wouldn't be surprised if 50 years from now a simple blood test on a newborn identifies their predispositions when (or even before) they are born.
Dammit! It was a trap. You didn't fall for it. Thanks for ruining my Christmas. Bastard.

:lmao:

Dammit! It was a trap. You didn't fall for it. Thanks for ruining my Christmas. Bastard.

:lmao:

I'm genetically predisposed to fucking-up your Christmas. It's not my fault -- I'm a victim in this as well.

:)

Merry Christmas!

Genetic variation in the vasopressin receptor 1a gene (AVPR1A) associates with pair-bonding behavior in humans — PNAS

The actual study link is posted above. I found this bit interesting in the introduction:

I always find it interesting that people will pick and choose which human character traits are nature and nuture to suit themselves.

Women are not off the hook either, they think that polymorphisms in the oxytocin gene also allow for variations in pair bonding.

This is the response I was hoping to get. However, I wanted to leave it open cause we all have a right to express our narrative of knowledge. And there is partial truth to the study that some men are more inclined to be unhappy, and will struggle more with intimacy, Karma I guess. Karma > AVPRIA Vasopressin Pwnage.

Tat You know me, U know this was a set up right from the beginning, I 'm not about causation as the primary form of knowledge that econcompasses reality, sides what U see with, shape also affects what U see... the attitudes of your inquiry always promotes attributes of what u see.

I will leave it at that... U know me, U know where I stand on this.
I'm not antedeluvian, luddite against science, neuroscience, however the reductionism that is now becoming prevalent is a little more than offputting because it leads to the acceptance of truth.. through belief and agreement.

I mean what is truth, but basically unified agreement. I'm not being relative here, I'm just saying U know in Your heart what is right, and what is wrong, if I posted my real thoughts on the issue, whch are not concrete or positiioned to affirm one and disclaim the other, than I can't promote convo, communication, expression of what we feel or believe. So, I only hope Tat U don't think I'm saying, yeah its kewl to fuck around on your lady cause U can't help it.

Top Bottom