Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Help needed plz :)

Ozzie

Hi All
My son introduced me to your site as he thought it might help me out with what I want to achieve. Tisn't much really...would just like to fit into my clothes and not feel like a heffer! I've been one of those "lucky people" and have been able to eat whatever I liked and not put on weight for most of my life...until about a year ago. Hit the dreaded 4 0 and it seems all those potato chips (a weakness) and fat foods have been stored somewhere and have hit with avengence! A big wakeup call me thinks :)...anyway...I picked up this book...BFL and decided that it sounded like commonsense to eat smaller, more regular meals and excercise. I also thought it was also a good way for Bill to off load some of his supplements...(great marketing plan!) to his followers. So I became all motivated, wrote eating plans, UBW plans, LBW plans, cardio plans etc etc. The first day dawned (this was a fortnight ago) and I was up out of bed and hour earlier than usual and felt pretty good after I'd lifted weights (1st time in my life!) and got through the day thinking that this was easier than I thought it would be. Second and third day I was plagued with the worst headaches I've had in years...and I was drinking 2 1/2 litres of water every day. I realised that it worth the pain and that it was probably just my body adjusting to the new lifestyle. On the 5th morning...still with headache when I woke ...drank a couple of cups of water and started UBW and by the finish felt very ill. This sick feeling lasted all day regardless of the food I ate or water that I drank. I haven't oppted for the supplements suggested (as they are outrageously expensive here down under) and stuck to a portion of protein & carbs and vegs. This sick feeling was enough for me to throw in the towel as I realised I was obviously doing something wrong ...however...I DO want to still loose body fat and develop a little muscle definition and want to get back on track...not that the track was that long. As a novice here the beginners posts have be a help to read but I need some advice to what you might think caused headaches and sick feeling?
All advice appreciated in advance.
Ozzie

hmmm... so you're drinking water... eating good, clean food (enough of it? hopefully) i didn't see any fats in there, hopefully you're getting some healthy fats... not sure if that could cause any ill-feelings but its worth a try to keep in...

have you seen your doctor about your blood pressure and other possible health related conditions?

i'm personally thinking that you've changed too much too quickly... pick 1-2 healthy habits and add them to your lifestyle each week... small changes are much better and more maintainable than a drastic turn around (which usually doesn't work for people for a number of reasons...)

go to your doc and get a clean bill of health before getting back into the swing of things... and no, you don't need any supplements (other than a good multivitamin) as long as you are eating enough clean food to sustain your activity...

eeeewwwwwww... sugar withdrawl... its nasty.. took me almost 2 weeks to not have those intese cravings for it.. I took it all out of my house and was left with only Peanut Butter as my "treat".

Warlobo,

Your post was great about your wife kicking the sugar. Sounds like me trting to give up diet soda. LOL!

I read that it takes @ 2 weeks for your body to adjust to any changes you make. Headaches are not uncommon,

**Starfish** :D

thanks

Thanks for the help I appreciate it.

So I guess it's a trip to the Dr's to check out my BP and ease into this lifestyle change bit by bit. Cut down gradually on the sugars...not that I'm guilty of being a sweet tooth, I realise tho' along with salt there is sugar in most food that comes out of pkts etc.

Thanks again

:)

Top Bottom