Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

help/advice on possible injury

SoreArms

At the gym yesterday

I did 10 min. cardio warm up, I warmed up and stretched my arms/shoulders with 10lb db's, and I stretched my pecs by doing the "grab and stretch" thing.

I did a few sets of machine incline presses as warmups, then moved over to a bench. I finished the first set with no problems, loaded up some more weight, and right before I started my next set I felt a pain on my right arm. I didn't think much of it, so I continued to attempt the set. I couldn't even get one rep in, my arm was in pain. I thought that maybe I hadn't warmed up or properly stretched my arms so I went to the DB rack grabbed an 8lb db and tried to warm up my arm. I noticed that everytime I pushed, with weight in my hand, my arm would hurt, but have normal ROM with no/minimal pain without weight. I stopped my work out, went home and iced it. It felt stiff later in the day anytime I tried to stretch my arm out, I also felt the pain while carrying groceries or anyting like that.

I was later able to trace the source of the pain, it seems that it might be some sort of ligament that stretches from right bellow the inside of my elbow up to about 1/4 - 1/2 way up my bicept. It doesn't feel as bad today, but if I put pressure in that area, I can still feel it. I am going to move my back and bi's workout from tomorrow to Friday and do legs instead in order to give it more time to rest/heal. What other precautionary measures do you guys recommend? Does this sound indicative of a ligament or muscle tare? Tendonitis? Should I be real concerned about this or should I just wait to see how it feels on my next workout?

Thanks in advace

Sounds like a tendon issue...if it were a muscle\ligament tear you would be in excruciating pain and have reduced ROM...which I presume from your post you don't

Ice it and take some anti inflammatories....

InTraining said:
Sounds like a tendon issue...if it were a muscle\ligament tear you would be in excruciating pain and have reduced ROM...which I presume from your post you don't

Ice it and take some anti inflammatories....
thanks
are anti inflamatories available otc?

If you catch it at the very start, tendon issues can be very minor. If, however, you ignore the pain and attempt to "train through it," yes you can develope tendinitis, and that is a very, very, very, hard thing to cure once it becomes cronic. Trust me on this, I'm speaking from experience. Had a lousy job that I couldn't leave that caused a tendinitis in my left elbow. Had to stop training for a looooooooooooong time, and actually took about several years until I could find a fisio who could heal the tendon. The best advise I can give you is to ice the elbow 3 times a day for 15 minutes, and don't do any upper body work this week. If it feels better by next monday, do a good warm up, and slowly work back into the weights again. If any exercise produces pain in the elbow, stop it immediatly and move on to another one. This could be the difference between loosing a week of training, or 2 years of training like I did. A good cream like Flexall 454 or Bengay rubbed on 3 times a day can be a big help too. Good luck, and please trust me on this one, rest and ice. O.M.G.

thanks bro

I think I will take atleast the rest of the week off from upper body exercises. It got aggrivated again today just from picking up a small trash can full of trash. I guess it's legs and lots of cardio this week.

In the mean time, are there any warm up exercises, light routines or anything like that I can do, or is there some kind of sleeve/brace I can wear to help it out?

Top Bottom