Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Haven't lifted in four days due to flu. Will be first day in gym today.

bruce9241

Banned
This should be interesting. I pretty much weigh the same. I actually lost a lot of weight due to the flu, but I forced myself to eat tons of food so I weigh the same, but I feel way soft.

I think I might just take it easy today and ease into it instead of going all out. I read a great article covering this exact scenario. Anyone else get sick?

Yea it isn't. I just don't know if my immune system can take it all at once at the moment. I read an article by mark gallagher that sorta talked about the same thing. Gotta ease into it.

make sure the flue is completely gone first. it is dangerous to w/o while you have the flue. your own muscles can actually poison and kill you. sounds crazy but its true.

Don't you hate when that happens!!! We train and eat like maniacs for sometimes years just to gain a few pounds of muscle. When you become sick you realize that you are slave to your immune system. I had a bad flu last year that led to other common cold like illnesses and a sinus infection. I lost 15 pounds in 2 weeks, just from laying in bed! Boy was I pissed. To get it back, I rushed into the gym as soon as I was on my feet again. I think the infection went systemic and attacked my heart valves, because when I exerted myself I would have arrhythmias right away. They're not necessarily dangerous, but it is frightening! Just make sure you're honest with yourself about your condition before returning to the gym.

make sure the flue is completely gone first. it is dangerous to w/o while you have the flue. your own muscles can actually poison and kill you. sounds crazy but its true.

Serious? Sounds possible though because when I had the flu my muscles ached like crazy. I literally slept all day for two days straight while waking up every hour in chills.

I think my flu is gone. I have no more pain, no more aches. Just mild coughing once every few hours. It's basically gone I'd say. I'm going to take it slow tomorrow I don't want to risk it. Thinking maybe do some deadlifts, squats, overhead presses. Do a little of everything, but with light weight.

Don't you hate when that happens!!! We train and eat like maniacs for sometimes years just to gain a few pounds of muscle. When you become sick you realize that you are slave to your immune system. I had a bad flu last year that led to other common cold like illnesses and a sinus infection. I lost 15 pounds in 2 weeks, just from laying in bed! Boy was I pissed. To get it back, I rushed into the gym as soon as I was on my feet again. I think the infection went systemic and attacked my heart valves, because when I exerted myself I would have arrhythmias right away. They're not necessarily dangerous, but it is frightening! Just make sure you're honest with yourself about your condition before returning to the gym.

Damn man that sucks. The weight loss and the attack on your heart valves.

I too lost some weight. I forced myself to eat more food though so I would somewhat maintain. Even though I didn't lose that much weight, I still feel smaller muscle wise.

Serious? Sounds possible though because when I had the flu my muscles ached like crazy. I literally slept all day for two days straight while waking up every hour in chills.

I think my flu is gone. I have no more pain, no more aches. Just mild coughing once every few hours. It's basically gone I'd say. I'm going to take it slow tomorrow I don't want to risk it. Thinking maybe do some deadlifts, squats, overhead presses. Do a little of everything, but with light weight.

yea im serous. your still sick stay home. muscle memory is great. you will bounce right back once your better.

As long as you feel ok nothing wrong with going in and having an easy workout. I'd stick with your warmup weights maybe a little heavier and low reps. Don't push yourself but if you wanna get outta the house and do something remind yourself to take it easy.

I heading into the gym in about an hour. I'm going to take it kinda easy. Maybe do some machines or something, but mostly just cardio and stretching.

Top Bottom