Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hamstring question

gymtime said:

Your legs move when you deadlift?

:FRlol:

I think hamstring curls would be a good idea... you do need some direct hammie work, deads ain't enough IMO (Some people may disagree). SLDLs... you run the risk of overtraining your lower back.. but I'm fine with both SLDLs and conventionals in the same week, so it may work for you too.

how come none of the "deads on back day" people cant back up why they do it on back day? some one tell me why you do it on back day when it only JUST uses the muscles of the back to stabalize your arms, and depending how tall you are i guess there is an inital pull from your upper body.

I can understand if you cant handle deads and squats on the same day. you must have a weak back or bad endurance (i know the lower back cant take to many sets)
how bout those 3X3 routines for powerlifting?

you work squats and dead + bench all together 3 times a week.

If you can do squats and deadlifts on the same day, then you're doing at least one of them incorrectly. They are both the epitome of compound movements. Squats primarily work legs while deads work primarily the lower/mid back, simple as that.

No the dead lift works the posterior chain.(including the lowerback)

maybe you need to increase your work capacity.

i take it your a bodybuilder?

endpoint said:
No the dead lift works the posterior chain.(including the lowerback)

maybe you need to increase your work capacity.

i take it your a bodybuilder?

I am not a bodybuilder, but my "work capacity" is likely much higher than yours. So I don't think that's the problem. For the sake of arguement, forget what muscles both excercises hit. They are both highly compound movements that are most beneficial if done on different days. If I do one after the other, I will not get as much out of whichever one I do second because of the toll taken by the first one. Like I said, If you have enough gas in the tank to do a full set of regular deads after a REAL set of squats, then you're not doing squats properly, and vice versa. Doing both is an ego thing which I left behind years ago. You will too.

1# how do you know about my work capacity

2# depending on what set/rep range you do you can do both in one training session. its all to do with work capacity and endurance........i ranges from person to person. I myself have trouble with higher rep range stuff.....but can pull off many sets at a lower range.

3#you dont know me. I dont train both in one day. I used to.....but gave up due to finding a better program. I am a powerlifter.....and train as an olympic lifter as well (you cant say i dont have a high work capacity if i can last a 2 1/2 hour training session with squats and olympic lifts)

4# i work a labor job lifting crates for 8 hours a day......and my back doesnt get tired. i have a high work capacity.

IM NOT TRYING TO IMPRESS YOU, IM NOT TRYING TO BE MORE OF A MAN, im just stating the truth.

many of the worlds best powerlifters train 3 compound movements a day......i dont hear them complaining......just breaking records.

Try increasing the rest between sets.....what percentage of your 1RM are you working?

I know nothing about your capacity, I was guessing. But you opened that door cowboy, not me. Let's just say either works depending on your goals and leave it at that.

Top Bottom