Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

gym peeve...

strongchick

okay...letting off steam here...rant follows:

I am so glad I'm moving...while I like my gym and the layout and the equipment...the people, in particular, the men...are getting on my nerves.

I wear headphones...but that doesn't seem to do the trick.

I always have to get "helpful hints"...don't get me wrong....I'm always willing to take advice so I can get better....but geez...

upright rows really won't make my traps big and manly...but of course...I have to hear about a new exercise from a male gym rat...so of course...my traps "won't get big". The exercise he recommended requires such a light weight to avoid rotator cuff injury that it is much less effective than upright rows...for me. Of course I stated as such...and humored him (he smokes by the way, Lord)...but geez..trying to get away from him I forgot to do my side laterals! AND MAYBE I JUST WANNA SEE WHAT I WOULD LOOK LIKE WITH TRAPS!?!

I'm getting too old to feel like I must be polite...and I'm sick of dealing with the preconceived notion that of course I couldn't possibly want to be muscular...I just "don't know what I'm doing and NEED unsolicited advice"...I could see if my bodyfat and muscle size weren't changing significantly over the past year...but they have...

...so now I have to listen to the experts THAT WEREN'T AROUND WHEN I WAS A FAT ASS!

<insert really offensive swear noun here>.

And if they are so smart...why do they always comment on my upper body when it is obvious that my lower body is lagging? Because they want to ADVISE me with their EXPERTISE on muscle building...of which they have NONE when it comes to female anatomy and estrogen related fat. And none of them could stomach my leg workout...so they avoid me when I'm doing legs...cuz they'd have to take plates off to work in :p

To all those men out there that waited til a year later to give me such great advice...(I needed it last year)...go advise those idiot males who pick up 50 lb dumbbells and throw them up in what is supposed to be "curls". And if you want to hit on me....just ask me out...quit the pretense.

Last edited:
my own little rant

i was in the gym yesterday... leg day... just got on the leg press and the guy on the hack squat (who SAW me sit down) asked me if i was almost done... He seemed a little grumpy when i proceeded to tell him that i had about 8 or 9 sets to go (i go all out with both legs for weight, then finish off with single legs and light weight for reps).

well he went away to another part of the gym, and into my second set two girls (you know the ones that put the 25s on and sit and chat...but hey... at least they aint sitting on their asses in front of the tv eating icecream like i was today :) ) came by and asked me if i was almost done... i told them the same thing i told the guy and they said they'd wait... so they sat and waited while i finished my sets...

i went on with my workout... (quad extensions.... always a killer)... as i'm finishing my second set at 150 the same guy comes over to me fumming mad

idiotguy "Did i speak to you about working in on that machine before those girls????"

me not even looking at him, stretching my screaming quads "yup, i told them the same thing i told you, but they wanted to wait, i don't control what people do"

idiotguy in pissed-off, but strangely whinny voice "but i wanted that machine, i was first"

I thought buddy was going to throw a temper tantrum... i was trying not to laugh...

then he has the nerve to ask me if i'm done with my extensions...

me "whatever buddy" i pick up my towel (not wiping down the machine... and went to the EXACT SAME machine right beside the one i'm working on to continue my workout...

he frustrated me enough to make sure that my last two sets were dooseys (2 *10 at 165 OUCH) ... i'll have to make sure that going down stairs is not required over the next few days...

oh well... these guys wouldn't have opened their ignorant mouths had we been male, guess they're jealous that their gals don't look like us :)

I hate it when people don't bring a towel and then they peel there fat, sweaty, hairy back off the bench and i am left to deal with it.

Don't think for one second that it is only guy's that do this. I was in the gym one day waiting for this guy to finish with the flat bench.

He finishes his set of dumbell fly's and say's there you go mate. When all of a sudden this girl comes running from the other side of the gym and says "we asked for that bench first".

Now what pissed me off the most was her and boyfriend where not even finished doing their incline benchpresses (2 or 3 more sets to do each) and here they are hogging another peice of equipment that I wanted to use. Damn, I would have been finished my sets before they were even ready to use it, but no she wouldn't hear of it.

F**king B*****ds.

I am normally very polite and wipe down my machines when i'm done...(i normally sit on my towel as not to have to, and wipe anywhere the towel wasn't) but this guy was just being a bastard...

yes, i know it's not just males, it just ticks me off as a female that some males look at me like i don't belong in a gym.... (and this guy was DEFINATELY one of those) i guess it's just something i'll have to get used to... actually most of the women stare at me more than the guys, like i'm some freak of nature since i own (and use) straps (only for pull-ups, bad wrists)....

i hear you mitch... i mean if they wanted to use the freakin machine they should have waited for it like you were... if i need to use something that someone is on i'll either wait or use a nearby machine to pass the time, i don't take my ass across the gym and expect that the person will come tell me that they're done...

arrrgghhh, oh well...

oh... and there aint no hair (or fat) on my back :)

Phemomena said:

oh... and there aint no hair (or fat) on my back :)

I know i have seen your physique on the chat board. Very nice BTW ;)

awww... thanks... i have to get some good pics up... that one isn't that great... (and it doesn't show my back... i could be some strange ape-backed girl and you wouldn't know it :) j/k)

We have this one woman in our gym who is a real piece of work. She is also an aerobic instructor there, so she should have some idea of gym etiquette, but sadly she does not.

She will hog no fewer than 3 pieces of equipment simultaneously. She leaves her stuff, towels, water bottles, etc all over them, and then will go off to the restroom, talk to others, etc., all when the gym is packed!

She acts likes she's doing some kind of special super-set routine, but her physique is certainly nothing special. Actually she seems to have gotten fatter in the 4 years I've been going there. She thinks she's hot stuff though.

She gets snippy if someone asks to work in on something her towel or water bottle is sitting on! She'll even walk over to somebody else on something she hasn't used and tell them she was using it!

All the regulars are on to her. It's a treat to see her try this sh-t with unsuspecting newcomers. They figure her out pretty quickly though. It's funny seeing a grown woman acting like a 2 year old. Fortunately she hasn't been coming as often at the time I go.

lmao... you just reminded me of this funny (but stupid story)

when i first started working out it was in my condo basement... there was this girl who was aerobics instructor (we had a little aerobics room, nothing really classy) anyways this "instructor" would get on the stairmaster crank it up for about 25 seconds as high as it would go (leaning over on it so far that her head was supporting most of her body weight) get off, drink half a can of coke, fix her hair and make up (yes makeup) get back on a do the same thing over again... she'd do this for about half an hour and go through about 4 cans of coke... i'd just stare at her like what the ??@#()@& is she doing???

LMAO what a character she was... ditzy as anything too...

oh well... i'm off to the gym...

Top Bottom